Running the Game as Administrator on Steam Bug

+
This is weird as hell,

If i launch the game as Administrator, Steam says I'm online, it does not say I'm in the game, and my CPU is also much cooler. 7-8 degrees cooler to be exact.

But if i turn OFF Administrator, I can't use the steam overlay for pictures or anything else, because it technically says the game is not running, and my game time does not increase at all (Which is a big no no in Steams book I'm guessing?) I also don't receive achievements.

I have no idea why this is even a thing. I run all my games as Administrator, and this has never happened.

I will not, Not run it not as Administrator, because I get better performance. So why would I run it without Admin?

This has only become a problem since Phantom Liberty dropped on the 25th.

I don't use any mods.

As you can see in the attached picture, My game is running, but steam just says I'm online (blue), and the play button is still green, I can even launch ANOTHER instance of the game... Wtf is going on.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    422.7 KB · Views: 39
Maybe try running steam as admin too.
Running Steam as Admin as well, fixes the "Not In-game" Problem. But my CPU Temperature is the same temp as If i was normally running the game with the (Green Border) around my name.

I'm guessing this is something Steam and CDPR have to work out.. 8 degrees in temp difference for constant is pretty ridiculous. Normally I'm getting 50-52 degrees on my CPU with the game saying I'm only "Online" and not actually in the game, but with the game properly running on steam, I'm getting 60 degrees still.

Verifying, Reinstalling, does nothing. There's no updates or driver updates for any of my PC parts.
Post automatically merged:

Seen others having this issue as well. This is kind of a big problem....

Increased Performance and Temperatures for no reason when NOT running the game as admin, and steam time/achievements are not calculated properly. This has to be some sort of breach in the Steam rules.

Anyone got any idea? Or should i just uninstall it and try again in another 3 years?

Last edited:
Running Steam as Admin as well, fixes the "Not In-game" Problem. But my CPU Temperature is the same temp as If i was normally running the game with the (Green Border) around my name.

I'm guessing this is something Steam and CDPR have to work out.. 8 degrees in temp difference for constant is pretty ridiculous. Normally I'm getting 50-52 degrees on my CPU with the game saying I'm only "Online" and not actually in the game, but with the game properly running on steam, I'm getting 60 degrees still.
I very much doubt that this is possible, given that administrator processes get extra priority by the Windows scheduler. If anything, you should be getting higher temperatures running stuff on admin mode, not lower... only thing that could maybe be causing this is the Steam overlay, it has been known to reduce performance in certain titles, so you can try disabling that.

not that you should ever run anything in admin mode unless absolutely necessary, especially not something like Steam that basically runs on an outdated version of Chrome. I remember using this "trick" like a decade ago to improve performance with my shitty computer and it barely did anything, we're talking differences well within margin of error. You shouldn't be seeing a difference unless your PC is severely under-specced and even then, you can probably claw it back by going to task manager and setting the game's priority to the highest setting.

Top Bottom