*Spoilers I guess?* Ghosts of the Past console name? Trying to "fix" a problem.

+
It may be possible to do the "quest ghost from the past" if you're not in Velen yet. Refering to previous posts, it seems like the spawn of Letho is decided when the game load Velen for the first time.

So if you're further than that, you can only have him in KM.
Post automatically merged:

Ok so I reached KM and Letho was here. So the commands in my previous post are working.

Last edited:
bumping for those who wants to play through the ghosts of the past quest and want letho to appear during reardon manor quest.

i had the same problem, imported TW2 saved game and when i went to velen to run through reardon manor quest i only saw wraiths.
huge problem since im 10-16+ hours into the game.

had to step back. once you've reached velen there's really no way to use the code addfact(import_letho_alive) and expect this to work.
i used addfact(import_letho_alive) and loaded a saved game during meeting with emhyr var emreis right before fast travelling to velen.
it worked. im doing ghosts of the past right now. thats the only code i used.

hope this helps.

Well... 3 year ago... I'll resurrect It. Any good soul discovery some method (or console line) to Fix/Respawn/Generate the Letho's quest (Ghost of The Past). Thats my 3th playthrough, and i listen about the bug when import the TW2 save, but with the 1.31 patch, i expected the CDPR fix it (i know, the last TW2 save don't take the decision Letho Lives/Die).

I rly mad, because i'd back a long save (like 5 or 6 hours) to change a fail mission (The Gangs of Novigrad) to complete quest... and now, that bad surprise without Letho quest -- "

Well... hope someone can give me a good news... i'm not willing to start the game from zero again :rolleyes:

Well... 3 year ago... I'll resurrect It. Any good soul discovery some method (or console line) to Fix/Respawn/Generate the Letho's quest (Ghost of The Past). Thats my 3th playthrough, and i listen about the bug when import the TW2 save, but with the 1.31 patch, i expected the CDPR fix it (i know, the last TW2 save don't take the decision Letho Lives/Die).

I rly mad, because i'd back a long save (like 5 or 6 hours) to change a fail mission (The Gangs of Novigrad) to complete quest... and now, that bad surprise without Letho quest -- "

Well... hope someone can give me a good news... i'm not willing to start the game from zero again :rolleyes:

Well.. Yeah I've been looking for the same answers during a NG+ Playthrough and saw your comment. Codes have worked for me actually, but with a little detail;
From the last post with the codes, with a little guess by logic; I've typed addfact(q402_invited_letho_to_km) before addfact(sq102_letho_completed). Because I guess this one ends the scripts for the mission, I thought it's better to type the code with the choice before that.
As a result I have Letho in my Characters tab with a full story of him deciding to go to Kaer Morhen.
I'm still far away from the last missions, tho. Anyways, it's better to have a solid save before typing the commands.
All thanks to the original founders of the post, good luck on the path!

Hi everyone!

So I had the same issue as the autor so I tried the solution described above and like byngan said, there was a mistake with the end of the quest. When I looked at the character entry of Letho, the end was missing, meaning that the quest is still going.
As a choice must done at the end of "ghost from the past", I tried to input them in the console as "sq102_let_headhunters_go" and "sq102_letho_alive" to simulate the death of letho.

So the complete sequence is :

addfact(import_letho_alive)
addfact(riszon_let_go;1;import_letho_alive)
removefact(sq101_wraith_completed)
addfact(sq101_letho_found)
addfact(sq102_letho_met)
addfact(sq102_start)
addfact(sq102_helped_letho)
addfact(sq102_let_headhunters_go)
addfact(sq102_letho_alive)
addfact(sq102_letho_completed)
addfact(q402_invited_letho_to_km)

I haven't reach Kaer moren yet so I am not sure this solution works. However, the character entry of Lethos says that he join KM so it should be good.

So in order to check the solution, you have to check the character entry.

Hope this post helps and thanks to Soren_Asgard for giving the biggest part of the solution.
Sorry for the late reply, but - I just tried this but I didn't get a character entry for him. Do you think this might still work?

Hi, I am currently replaying the GOTY edition (patch 1.32) 45 hours in. I finished House Reardon with the wraiths appearing and then I remembered Letho should have been around there. I tried the below console command but nothing happens (no character update):

addfact(sq102_letho_met)
addfact(sq102_start)
addfact(sq402_invited_letho_to_km) (should I switch the last two?)

/Later edit:

tried also

addfact(sq102_letho_met)
addfact(sq102_start)

Still no change in character entry (Letho does not appear at all)

/

I have an import from Witcher 2 that definitely has Letho alive (I used the same import some years ago on the regular Witcher 3 version and I had Letho and Kaer Morhen). Obviously, I already traveled to Velen so I understand I cannot really trigger the quest anymore (is there a mod for this??)

Can anybody tell me the complete sequence of console commands?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi, I am currently replaying the GOTY edition (patch 1.32) 45 hours in. I finished House Reardon with the wraiths appearing and then I remembered Letho should have been around there. I tried the below console command but nothing happens (no character update):

addfact(sq102_letho_met)
addfact(sq102_start)
addfact(sq402_invited_letho_to_km) (should I switch the last two?)

/Later edit:

tried also

addfact(sq102_letho_met)
addfact(sq102_start)

Still no change in character entry (Letho does not appear at all)

/

I have an import from Witcher 2 that definitely has Letho alive (I used the same import some years ago on the regular Witcher 3 version and I had Letho and Kaer Morhen). Obviously, I already traveled to Velen so I understand I cannot really trigger the quest anymore (is there a mod for this??)

Can anybody tell me the complete sequence of console commands?

Thanks!
Sucks no one got to you but happens. I could be wrong but it seems like this never got a solution or mod to get Letho's quest running for those with the error of having him dead.

The only sure way to get Letho is when you start a new game choose to be asked questions by Morvran Voorhis at Vizima instead of importing a save and then answer the questions they way you played Witcher 2 or in fact any way you want. He asks you 5 questions

Whether or not you killed Arjan LaValette

Did you side with Roche or Iorveth

Did you save Triss or help Roche save the little girl

Did save Sile de Tansarville or allow her to be blown up by the megascope

Did you kill or spare Letho

I played V1.32 about 8 months before Next Gen came out and imported a Witcher 2 save and it worked fine but when Next Gen came out I imported the exact same save and Letho was not there so I had to start the game over and chose to be asked the questions instead and it worked just fine. Being asked the questions seems to work 100% of the time but importing a save is a bit hit or miss

Top Bottom