[SPOILERS] - Starfield Story Thread

+
Starfield-Featured-Ecran-Partage.jpeg
Hi fellow explorers!
As some pointed out in the other Starfield thread, I think using a brand new thread could be a good idea. Thread in which we'll be able to post, ask or discuss about whatever we want, without bothering about spoiling the game for those who didn't play it yet.
So for those who are about open/read this thread, you're warned!

(I hope it's not a kind of duplicate, if so, I'm sorry. But I really think it would be better to keep the other one for other things like advices, reviews,...).

I almost finish to build my "storage" outpost, just giant towers of big containers. It look trully horrible, but I almost managed to store my 10K kg of crafting materials...
Good point, I can use them for upgrades, researches or to build, but bad point, I can't retrieve them from the storage anymore, except by searching and accessing manually of each container. What a pain...
I still can't get why they didn't use the same system as the ship storage. I mean, more modules you add, more storage you get and above all, you can check, dump, retrieve everything from just a little practical screen interface...

Anyway, I hope they will change one day!

On side note :
I encountered a strange dude (The Hunter) in New Atlantis, It doesn't go unnoticed :)
I love his outfit. He said we will certainly meet again in the future, so I guess he's a part of a quest.
12-09-2023_02-59-30-t1pcejaj.jpeg
12-09-2023_03-01-06-dzkjy0xa.jpeg

I search inspiration to build a new ship... And damn, some have real skills and make really awesome ships. I really love this one!
t4Fqzwt.jpg

Heh, good idea to have a spoilerrific thread.

But, wait, you're 150+ hours in and still have no clue who the hunter is?

Out of curiosity, have you finished any of the major questlines? Vanguard, Ryujin, Rangers, etc.

As for the outpost and retrieving materials. The way I'm handling it at... 9 or 10 outposts, is with the transfer containers. My huuuuh... let's call it warehouse, where I receive everything from every outpost has two. One from which my output links go to my various storage and one that receives from the various storage. The reason I do this is because the materials seem to get spread out evenly.

So, for clarity's sake, if you have 300 iron and 300 aluminum in your storage and then link those to your transfer container, the transfer container seems to always end up with 150 of each. If I recall correctly it's max mass is actually 400 so that would be 200 of each but whatever, just an example.

So I have large containers (330Kg each) all lined up and linked from one end to the next. On one end they receive my material from my transfer container and on the other end they send to my other transfer container. They are also all linked to my fabricators that keep on churning new items. Those get sent in my large warehouse storage and since there is a far fewer number of those than mineral/gas/liquids I only have two large warehouse storage for 1-3 type of items which makes it very easy to retrieve any if I need them for whatever reason. Since this outpost is also my main base I don't really have to take them out anyway since anything in storage is usable as if it was in your inventory or your ship's.

At this point, my outposts are all fully crewed and all (well, almost all) automated. All I have to do is drop by every now and again. My supply of almost every resources is steady. Once I get my hands on more levels of the planetary habitation skill, I'll be able to get every single resources to my warehouse.

I'll admit it was far more work to get going and, admittedly, more complicated than FO4's system but it's far more complete and far more satisfying.

I mean, whenever I drop by my outpost, I just love hearing and seeing all the traffic come and go from my outposts. It has a weight to it that FO's system lacked even when you created these huge trading hub like settlements.

Out of curiosity, have you finished any of the major questlines? Vanguard, Ryujin, Rangers, etc.
Vanguard, I guess yes, I'm rank one UC citizen. The other "major" quest I completed, it's about the crimson fleet. Other than these two, nope. I'm not in a hurry... At all :D
I'll admit it was far more work to get going and, admittedly, more complicated than FO4's system but it's far more complete and far more satisfying.
To be honest, in my opinion, the system is made for production. But for storage, it make no sense. I mean, only for crafted materials, I stacked 25 containers (300kg each...) and for example I have no idea of the amount of a specific item there is in the storage. I know there is no more, when well, there is no more... (except if I check on a recipe, which is kinda stupid^^).

I seriously think to return to my tiny chest in the lodge and in my NG+, I won't build storage outpost anymore. Just little outposts to produce materials, that's all. That's my biggest disappointement in the game, and it's a shame, I love making base in game in general :(

Beside, outposts are quite buggy for me (the most buggy feature in the game...). Like unable to build in preview mode, seem to "load" something indefinitely, I have to save/reload to fix it. Even with a landing pad, for unknow reason, I spawn in the outpost, but my ship "spawn" at a landing area at 1km of the outpost... Seem "unfinished" if you ask me.

Last edited:
Vanguard, I guess yes, I'm rank one UC citizen. The other "major" quest I completed, it's about the crimson fleet. Other than these two, nope. I'm not in a hurry... At all :D

To be honest, in my opinion, the system is made for production. But for storage, it make no sense. I mean, only for crafted materials, I stacked 25 containers (300kg each...) and for example I have no idea of the amount of a specific item there is in the storage. I know there is no more, when well, there is no more... (except if I check on a recipe, which is kinda stupid^^).

I seriously think to return to my tiny chest in the lodge and in my NG+, I won't build storage outpost anymore. Just little outposts to produce materials, that's all. That's my biggest disappointement in the game, and it's a shame, I love making base in game in general :(

Beside, outposts are quite buggy for me (the most buggy feature in the game...). Like unable to build in preview mode, seem to "load" something indefinitely, I have to save/reload to fix it. Even with a landing pad, for unknow reason, I spawn in the outpost, but my ship "spawn" at a landing area at 1km of the outpost... Seem "unfinished" if you ask me.

That's fair, it's a huge game and it's clearly meant to be enjoyed at your own pace.

Also fair on the system being made for production more than storage. It clearly is. I mean, I only have 5-6 types of resources I don't have an automated/steady stream for. These I keep on my ship so I can easily check on them. That is until I can build on the only planets I found those one.

Personally, I can't say I dislike the system. It's not perfect, I agree on that, and there is a few QoL improvements that could make it a ton better but I found it far more satisfying than FO4's system. Especially when you see it all come together into this almost giant spaceport with traffic that rivals New Atlantis.

That's fair, it's a huge game and it's clearly meant to be enjoyed at your own pace.

Also fair on the system being made for production more than storage. It clearly is. I mean, I only have 5-6 types of resources I don't have an automated/steady stream for. These I keep on my ship so I can easily check on them. That is until I can build on the only planets I found those one.

Personally, I can't say I dislike the system. It's not perfect, I agree on that, and there is a few QoL improvements that could make it a ton better but I found it far more satisfying than FO4's system. Especially when you see it all come together into this almost giant spaceport with traffic that rivals New Atlantis.
I think they expected players will use their ship as a "main" base. I really hope they will improve outposts in the future, because like you said, it doesn't need much to be way better and useful. They could have made something great with outposts, but instead it's just very basic... Even No Man's Sky handle outposts better, which is a shame :(

Heh, good idea to have a spoilerrific thread.

I've grossly neglected the main quest until last night. I'm still not finished and I've only done a bit more investigating following the assault on The Lodge. That said; I suspect it's Keeper Aquilus. His obsession with Unity and those gloves.

I think they expected players will use their ship as a "main" base. I really hope they will improve outposts in the future, because like you said, it doesn't need much to be way better and useful. They could have made something great with outposts, but instead it's just very basic... Even No Man's Sky handle outposts better, which is a shame :(

I can't speak to NMS' outposts, I never played the game and don't intend to but I can't say I agree it's basic. At least, not compared to their previous system in FO4. Which is what I was expecting personally. It's at the very least as deep as FO4's system. I would argue it's a step further than that. It just requires putting a lot more skill points and effort into it than FO4's but the end result is much better.

I've grossly neglected the main quest until last night. I'm still not finished and I've only done a bit more investigating following the assault on The Lodge. That said; I suspect it's Keeper Aquilus. His obsession with Unity and those gloves.

So I won't spoil openly but if you don't mind spoilers:

Yes and no. It's both him and not him.

I can't speak to NMS' outposts, I never played the game and don't intend to but I can't say I agree it's basic. At least, not compared to their previous system in FO4. Which is what I was expecting personally. It's at the very least as deep as FO4's system. I would argue it's a step further than that. It just requires putting a lot more skill points and effort into it than FO4's but the end result is much better.
It's basic in the sense that it's just containers (never said Fallout is not basic, it is^^), which you access manually and you stack them to add more storage. I mean, it's nothing more and as "basic" as the chests and hoppers to store and move items in minecraft. Damn, we're in 2330...

What annoys me the most is that the ship system is good enough and work great.
It wouldn't that hard to add a "storage interface" that you can build to transfert from/to your ships/inventory, like for the ship cargos. And add one outpost module for each type of components, which can't be linked to production lines, which can store 2K/6K/10K in function of your outpost research level. Very simple...*
As it is now, for storage, it's nor easy, nor convenient. That's why I think it's either very "basic" and unfinished or either they expected people to use ships as storage :(

*Also add a module which do the opposite of the current Transfer Container, meaning unload automatically ressources from your ship cargo when your ship is on the landing pad.. Why it's possible to only load your ship, make no sense and seem "unfinished".

Last edited:
So I won't spoil openly but if you don't mind spoilers:

Yes and no. It's both him and not him.
I'll let that one lie for now. I am too thoroughly hooked to spoil that. :)

I gotta say; This game is Bethesda firing on all cylinders.

I finally met the eccentric collector aboard his flying museum, gave him a good blow in the stomach and took my bounty before I was whisked away by the UC's shadow division. I played my part and eventually made my way back to Constellation for break from the double agent bit. I rounded up some powers,
The Hunter arrived, my fiance I had left behind while I went on excursions through space was murdered, everyone mourned and held a memorial. My friendship with Andreja blossomed into a committed romance (she had several racy comments each morning after we awoke in the Paradiso penthouse btw) and we eloped on a distant planet where she told me more about her upbringing and gave me an object of intimate emotional value.
Then we went back to exploring, neglecting the spy mission that I'm (maybe) nearing the conclusion of. Found some more encounters, new merchants, derelict ships, even a couple of distress signals - one led to a new crew mate and the other landed me a new ship after I boarded it and killed the spacers were in the process of murdering the crew during the call.

'Okay, I'm lvl 53, probably running out of game now; let's get back to the main story' I think. I check in with Vlad on the Eye and as I'm leaving I notice a new ship icon in the Alpha Centauri system. I head there and it's a new level 50 monster ship - a Deimos capital class(like the legendary ships I took down before. I expect they'll tell me to f*ck off but nothing happens. It's not a potential boss, it's a new dungeon. I board the ship and I can see the Crimson Fleet is docked at another port. The dungeon is sweet, and not necessarily short. The gravity drive is broken, causing it to cut in and out - changing combat mid fight intermittently. With a bit of a puzzle in the way with how things loop around at the end. Not fantastic loot, but some creds and okay gear. Andreja has things to say about the ordeal, just as any companion surely does,
just as Sarah did before she was killed.

A mere few minutes after leaving I dispatch an Ecliptic fighter group and I am promptly hailed by the "Party Cruise". I'm expecting a potential trap, but I don't mind blowing someone's face off and taking their ship. No... it's an actual party. They have dialog and conversations, comments, quips, there's drinks and food. They ask if I want to turn the gravity off and I say yes - Andreja has comments about that, too.

I open the map and remember there was a system in the middle of bumble f*ck nowhere that had a name. Odd, that's gotta mean something important. I head out there and find
a co-op settlement of worker convicts, an earnest attempt at reform. The contracted foreman is giving the counselor(a convict) an earful after one of his guys was badly injured trying to rescue one of them during, I assume, a collapse of the mine they're dredging. A new quest, and it sounds intriguing from the get-go.

Just about all the things I've wanted and perfect timing, too. I have already, easily, accepted Cyberpunk for what it is and/or will be rather than thinking about what it could have been. Gaming is a reprieve for me from film work, so I tend to take it seriously as a hobby because I can't enjoy films anymore. I can appreciate the wonderful stories that some games tell, and it says something about CDPR's writing that even though I was disappointed with their either broken or outright missing systems at launch - the game still had a place in my heart and I wasn't down on it until one of the first major patches completely broke the game for me.

I want systems though, I want emergent gameplay, I want the world to move around me not simply feign a reaction - and Bethesda has delivered in spades here. Not only do they have (most of) the mechanics I've always wanted, but there are some damn good stories here. Not just the main story, nor the faction quests, and the companion quests - seemingly out of nowhere quest you stumble upon with no reason to be there. They aren't short either, some of them take hours to conclude. Featuring several well acted characters, more than once a few of these characters popped up again in another quest(even minor events) and remembered me. Top shelf voice acting that fits the bill. Of course, since this is the CDPR forum, it's worth mentioning that no, it doesn't go as hard as 2077 with the dialogue but it doesn't broach some of the same material and it doesn't take place in that kind of setting. It doesn't need to be, but it comes surprisingly close with some real heart wrenching moments. What's here fits. The Day 1 patch did sort some of the facial animations in the pre-release, but even with some uncanny moments this is a step up from Bethesda. Lip sync is spot on and campanions do get an extra bit of love with their expressions - especially once they're romanced.

Last edited:
I can't believe it!
I landed on a "random" planet (Niira) while exploring and I stumbled across a main quest location... One of the first one main quest, normally I should have gone to meet Vladimir (I believe, because I didn't^^) so he can tell me where to look for the next artifact...
The galaxy isn't vast enough :ROFLMAO:

It's basic in the sense that it's just containers (never said Fallout is not basic, it is^^), which you access manually and you stack them to add more storage. I mean, it's nothing more and as "basic" as the chests and hoppers to store and move items in minecraft. Damn, we're in 2330...

What annoys me the most is that the ship system is good enough and work great.
It wouldn't that hard to add a "storage interface" that you can build to transfert from/to your ships/inventory, like for the ship cargos. And add one outpost module for each type of components, which can't be linked to production lines, which can store 2K/6K/10K in function of your outpost research level. Very simple...*
As it is now, for storage, it's nor easy, nor convenient. That's why I think it's either very "basic" and unfinished or either they expected people to use ships as storage :(

*Also add a module which do the opposite of the current Transfer Container, meaning unload automatically ressources from your ship cargo when your ship is on the landing pad.. Why it's possible to only load your ship, make no sense and seem "unfinished".

That's what I explained earlier. Maybe I didn't do a good job of it.

Every link you create between stuff is an output link. Meaning it will send resources from there to other places. In other words, if you create a transfer container with an output link, or links, to containers you can unload from your ship and have it all sorted out automatically.

With the right skills, research, some time investment and experimentation, the system isn't what I would call basic.

I still haven't reached the experimental projects skill but it's my understanding that it adds an extra level of research to all outpost projects. So maybe the next level of storage is better. That's my only complaint about the system personally, the storage are too small.

I'll let that one lie for now. I am too thoroughly hooked to spoil that. :)

I gotta say; This game is Bethesda firing on all cylinders.

I finally met the eccentric collector aboard his flying museum, gave him a good blow in the stomach and took my bounty before I was whisked away by the UC's shadow division. I played my part and eventually made my way back to Constellation for break from the double agent bit. I rounded up some powers,
The Hunter arrived, my fiance I had left behind while I went on excursions through space was murdered, everyone mourned and held a memorial. My friendship with Andreja blossomed into a committed romance (she had several racy comments each morning after we awoke in the Paradiso penthouse btw) and we eloped on a distant planet where she told me more about her upbringing and gave me an object of intimate emotional value.
Then we went back to exploring, neglecting the spy mission that I'm (maybe) nearing the conclusion of. Found some more encounters, new merchants, derelict ships, even a couple of distress signals - one led to a new crew mate and the other landed me a new ship after I boarded it and killed the spacers were in the process of murdering the crew during the call.

'Okay, I'm lvl 53, probably running out of game now; let's get back to the main story' I think. I check in with Vlad on the Eye and as I'm leaving I notice a new ship icon in the Alpha Centauri system. I head there and it's a new level 50 monster ship - a Deimos capital class(like the legendary ships I took down before. I expect they'll tell me to f*ck off but nothing happens. It's not a potential boss, it's a new dungeon. I board the ship and I can see the Crimson Fleet is docked at another port. The dungeon is sweet, and not necessarily short. The gravity drive is broken, causing it to cut in and out - changing combat mid fight intermittently. With a bit of a puzzle in the way with how things loop around at the end. Not fantastic loot, but some creds and okay gear. Andreja has things to say about the ordeal, just as any companion surely does,
just as Sarah did before she killed.

A mere few minutes after leaving I dispatch an Ecliptic fighter group and I am promptly hailed by the "Party Cruise". I'm expecting a potential trap, but I don't mind blowing someone's face off and taking their ship. No... it's an actual party. They have dialog and conversations, comments, quips, there's drinks and food. They ask if I want to turn the gravity off and I say yes - Andreja has comments about that, too.

I open the map and remember there was a system in the middle of bumble f*ck nowhere that had a name. Odd, that's gotta mean something important. I head out there and find
a co-op settlement of worker convicts, an earnest attempt at reform. The contracted foreman is giving the counselor(a convict) an earful after one of his guys was badly injured trying to rescue one of them during, I assume, a collapse of the mine they're dredging. A new quest, and it sounds intriguing from the get-go.

Just about all the things I've wanted and perfect timing, too. I have already, easily, accepted Cyberpunk for what it is and/or will be rather than thinking about what it could have been. Gaming is a reprieve for me from film work, so I tend to take it seriously as a hobby because I can't enjoy films anymore. I can appreciate the wonderful stories that some games tell, and it says something about CDPR's writing that even though I was disappointed with their either broken or outright missing systems at launch - the game still had a place in my heart and I wasn't down on it until one of the first major patches completely broke the game for me.

I want systems though, I want emergent gameplay, I want the world to move around me not simply feign a reaction - and Bethesda has delivered in spades here. Not only do they have (most of) the mechanics I've always wanted, but there are some damn good stories here. Not just the main story, nor the faction quests, and the companion quests - seemingly out of nowhere quest you stumble upon with no reason to be there. They aren't short either, some of them take hours to conclude. Featuring several well acted characters, more than once a few of these characters popped up again in another quest(even minor events) and remembered me. Top shelf voice acting that fits the bill. Of course, since this is the CDPR forum, it's worth mentioning that no, it doesn't go as hard as 2077 with the dialogue but it doesn't broach some of the same material and it doesn't take place in that kind of setting. It doesn't need to be, but it comes surprisingly close with some real heart wrenching moments. What's here fits. The Day 1 patch did sort some of the facial animations in the pre-release, but even with some uncanny moments this is a step up from Bethesda. Lip sync is spot on and campanions do get an extra bit of love with their expressions - especially once they're romanced.
Agreed! This is peak Bethesda world building in my opinion. Based on their last two games, even at 50+ there is still plenty of content to unlock as you reach certain levels.

That's not even mention NG+. NG+ is something else. I won't spoil it but it does affect the main quest in major ways and the more NG+ you go through the more variations of these changes you see. I'm betting there is some changes to some of the side content too. Maybe not as major as the MQ but changes nonetheless.

I can't believe it!
I landed on a "random" planet (Niira) while exploring and I stumbled across a main quest location... One of the first one main quest, normally I should have gone to meet Vladimir (I believe, because I didn't^^) so he can tell me where to look for the next artifact...
The galaxy isn't vast enough :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, if you stumble upon any temple for which you already have the artifact for, you can get the power regardless of Vladimir's input

Every link you create between stuff is an output link. Meaning it will send resources from there to other places. In other words, if you create a transfer container with an output link, or links, to containers you can unload from your ship and have it all sorted out automatically.
You have to "unload" your ship manually, right?
I know (I think) you can automatically load your ship with the content the Transfert Container (that you can fill from other containers with links) when your ship is on the landing pad.
But it's impossible in the opposite way?
That's not even mention NG+. NG+ is something else.
Just a question, in NG+, you can't change backstory nor traits you selected during the first run?
I really want to change, so if you can't, I'll restart a new character next time. NG+ will be for my third playthrough :D
Yeah, if you stumble upon any temple for which you already have the artifact for, you can get the power regardless of Vladimir's input
If fact, the quest progressed normally.
In the journal, the "Talk to Vladimir" box was automatically checked, even if I didn't talk to him :)

You have to "unload" your ship manually, right?
I know (I think) you can automatically load your ship with the content the Transfert Container (that you can fill from other containers with links) when your ship is on the landing pad.
But it's impossible in the opposite way?

No, you can. That's what I'm saying. If you land your ship on the pad, you can go to your cargo hold and transfer to the transfert container which will then automatically send everything to the storages you linked it to.

Just a question, in NG+, you can't change backstory nor traits you selected during the first run?
I really want to change, so if you can't, I'll restart a new character next time. NG+ will be for my third playthrough :D

Unfortunately not! It's the only thing I'm disappointed about with NG+. Which is saying a lot because I'm usually not interested in NG+ at all. I wish you could choose different traits but you can't.

It makes perfect sense in the context of the NG+ narrative they have in place but still. It would be a nice option.

Part of me wants to restart because I want to try a specific trait but I also want to see more variations of the NG+. Apparently the changes can be absolutely massive and there is up to 10 NG+ variations.

In the journal, the "Talk to Vladimir" box was automatically checked, even if I didn't talk to him :)

Yes, "Powers from the beyond" I think it's called.

It's normal that it gets updated when you find a temple. It's essentially a safeguard to make sur it resets when you find it so you can speak to Vladimir in case you need him to point you to another temple.

Unfortunately not! It's the only thing I'm disappointed about with NG+. Which is saying a lot because I'm usually not interested in NG+ at all. I wish you could choose different traits but you can't.

It makes perfect sense in the context of the NG+ narrative they have in place but still. It would be a nice option.

Part of me wants to restart because I want to try a specific trait but I also want to see more variations of the NG+. Apparently the changes can be absolutely massive and there is up to 10 NG+ variations.
Ok, shame but whatever. I'll restart a new character :)
Yes, "Powers from the beyond" I think it's called.

It's normal that it gets updated when you find a temple. It's essentially a safeguard to make sur it resets when you find it so you can speak to Vladimir in case you need him to point you to another temple.
I think I'm not that far. it was a "simple" abandoned mine.
I never meet Vladimir, I have no idea who he is nor where to find him :D
It's just after the artefact near Akila, the first time you meet Sam Coe. Not sure in English, but the quest name is "In the unknown".
No, you can. That's what I'm saying. If you land your ship on the pad, you can go to your cargo hold and transfer to the transfert container which will then automatically send everything to the storages you linked it to.
Ok, nice.
I hope they will improve outposts, to have a real interest to "live" in :)

Last edited:
Happens with any mission. If you're hunting for something and find the answers that follow the next question; you would skip that question entirely. Some missions line up different objectives at once and can change how it plays out entirely, with new dialog skill options based on what one or more other characters did or said and what you proceed to do or say.
Agreed! This is peak Bethesda world building in my opinion. Based on their last two games, even at 50+ there is still plenty of content to unlock as you reach certain levels.
I lol'd when I read a review headline calling it a "cinematic masterwork" before the EA period started, chocking it up to reviewer exaggeration. It turns out it is. What an incredible story, even without all the detours and robust role playing elements that re-contextualize and expand upon it. It's a legit space opera.
That's not even mention NG+. NG+ is something else. I won't spoil it but it does affect the main quest in major ways and the more NG+ you go through the more variations of these changes you see. I'm betting there is some changes to some of the side content too. Maybe not as major as the MQ but changes nonetheless.
I actually spoiled myself on that already. I had heard rumblings about it and wanted to get an idea of what this whole "drastic changes" looked like. I don't know the details of the story leading up to NG+, who is who, etc, but I'm aware of the player's new role and a few ways things can shake out. Sounds wild, but I really wanna explore more. Is it worth it?

I actually spoiled myself on that already. I had heard rumblings about it and wanted to get an idea of what this whole "drastic changes" looked like. I don't know the details of the story leading up to NG+, who is who, etc, but I'm aware of the player's new role and a few ways things can shake out. Sounds wild, but I really wanna explore more. Is it worth it?

That's really a question you can only answer yourself.

For me, it was worth it. I had not spoiled myself on anything but I like focusing on the MQ as much as possible in Beth's games as I know there is always way more outside of it and the main quest won't lock me out of it.

Now that's not entirely true with Starfield as there is one particular companion that I know of who will lead you to an artifact and thus a new power. Should that companion perish through the MQ, you're effectively locking yourself out of this until your NG+.

With that said, for me it was worth it because you lose everything except your actual character. Considering the amount of time that can go into creating great ships or outposts, losing it all sucks hard.

Now on my second NG+ I could really focus on creating this network of outposts cause I was satisfied with where I was at with NG+ but now I find myself in this weird spot where I want better powers and see more variations (thus more NG+) but I don't want to lose my outposts. I also want to see if there is changes to side content but I can't see it if I keep advancing in NG+ "levels" instead of going through the side content.

It's a weird dilema I never expected to go through. Especially not in a Bethesda game.

So I guess, ultimately, I'm not even sure it was worth it for me lol. I want to keep going but I also am satisfied with where I am atright now. One of the MQ quests actually approaches this very situation.

I'm definitely loving it all though

I have a question for you @GrimReaper801, because I'm pretty sure you have the answer, since you're way more advanced/aware about outpost things than me :giggle:
Currently, I seek interesting spots to build my farms for which all the production will transfered in a "central outpost". Am I right to seek the ressource I want (or better, two at once), but most importantly, with Helium 3 available?
I believe for "inter-system" transfert, you need fuel, which is Helium 3, but maybe you don't need Helium 3 for each.
-----
Beside, I finished my new ship. And yes, Deimos again :D
It cost me a leg, almost 600K credits... It's totally inspired from the one I saw (and posted previously^^), just with some little adjustements to fit my likings. It have every modules and the best parts available yet. Very good stats, decent argo size and the best handleling possible (100).
Sadly I can install plated cargos anymore (nor the radar and the jammer), The crimson fleet HQ is not anymore :ROFLMAO:

Starfield-2023_09_13-18_27_23.jpegStarfield-2023_09_13-18_50_56.jpegStarfield-2023_09_13-18_49_12.jpeg
Starfield-2023_09_13-18_43_56.jpegStarfield-2023_09_13-18_52_12.jpeg
Starfield-2023_09_13-18_54_18.jpeg

I have a question for you @GrimReaper801, because I'm pretty sure you have the answer, since you're way more advanced/aware about outpost things than me :giggle:
Currently, I seek interesting spots to build my farms for which all the production will transfered in a "central outpost". Am I right to seek the ressource I want (or better, two at once), but most importantly, with Helium 3 available?
I believe for "inter-system" transfert, you need fuel, which is Helium 3, but maybe you don't need Helium 3 for each.

Yes, you need He-3 to operate the inter-system transfer.

The way I do this is I try to find a whole system where I have most of what I want. Every system I've found has at least one planet/moon with He-3 on it.

So I set up an inter-system transfer on somewhere with He-3 and make it that system's central hub. So all planets within that system send to that central hub which then sends it all to my main outpost.

I have 4 systems operating that way. They all deliver to my "home" outpost. The only thing I actually have to carry in my ship is He-3. The reason for that is that I didn't want to set up my home outpost of some dead and barren looking rock which is what most worlds with He-3 are. So I keep a steady supply on my ship. This way whenever I go home I can drop some off to be certain the landing/takeoff cycle never ends.

It does require the planetary habitation skill. At rank 4 you can have a total of 24 outposts instead of the base 8. With 23 planets feeding your main world, it's a pretty easy life.

I'm a bona fide inter planetary tycoon. Who also moonlights as a pirate, a UC Vanguard, an FC ranger and a corporate rat. Good times.

Yes, you need He-3 to operate the inter-system transfer.

The way I do this is I try to find a whole system where I have most of what I want. Every system I've found has at least one planet/moon with He-3 on it.

So I set up an inter-system transfer on somewhere with He-3 and make it that system's central hub. So all planets within that system send to that central hub which then sends it all to my main outpost.

I have 4 systems operating that way. They all deliver to my "home" outpost. The only thing I actually have to carry in my ship is He-3. The reason for that is that I didn't want to set up my home outpost of some dead and barren looking rock which is what most worlds with He-3 are. So I keep a steady supply on my ship. This way whenever I go home I can drop some off to be certain the landing/takeoff cycle never ends.

It does require the planetary habitation skill. At rank 4 you can have a total of 24 outposts instead of the base 8. With 23 planets feeding your main world, it's a pretty easy life.
Ok, nice, thanks :)
But it don't bother me to find He-3 for each one. A little bit difficult to find, but I have the time to search. I already found Alumiun+Ytterbium, Iron+Berylium, Titane+Lead with for each also He-3.
Not sure why, but "locked/retristed" areas are everywhere... And sadly, just when I manage to find a great spot, I can't build :D
Post automatically merged:

Oh, also... Did you guys come across a randomly generated quests in which a guy ask you to supply crafted materials?
It seem pretty rare, I just encountered it once (it was in a damaged oil pipeline). The dude asked me for crafted gas tanks and he'll pay well for.
So why not...
But it was a stupid amount! Something like either 500 tanks/1.5K creds, either 1500 tanks/4.5K creds or either 3000 tanks/9K creds.
So even if I could manage to craft all of these tanks, no way for so little money. So nope my dude, no deal :D
Post automatically merged:

Ok... I'm done with outposts for now!
As soon as I activate a inter-system link, the game crash and I can no longer load any save in which the system is built (even if it's inactive).

Last edited:
Top Bottom