Take part in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Screenshot Contest!

+

Alicja.

CD PROJEKT RED

Take part in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Screenshot Contest aka Postcards From The Continent and show us The Witcher universe through your eyes! We start on December 20th with three categories, each of them tasking you to capture a particular aspect of the game:
  • Scenes from the Trail (World)
  • Travelers on the Way (Characters)
  • The Path of the Warrior (Combat)
You can submit your screenshots until January 10th, 4 PM CET.

All you have to do to participate is capture an in-game screenshot and submit it via a dedicated website. You can take advantage of all features offered by the Photo Mode, but you cannot further edit your screenshots using external software. You can only submit one screenshot per category. Please make sure that your submission fits the chosen theme

Hope you’re ready to show us what you got because the best screenshots will be awarded awesome prizes such as Secretlab TITAN Evo 2022 The Witcher Edition gaming chairs, The Witcher goodie bags, and Alienware peripherals (mice, keyboards, and mousepads).

Each Category will have 3 podium spots so there are plenty of opportunities to win! More details, such as the full ruleset of the contest, as well as the submission form, are available on the Screenshot Contest’s website.

Good luck on the Path!

I run the game with Ansel Game Filters, altering the graphics as I play. Will those filters be considered outside software, or only software used to alter the screenshot AFTER it's taken?

Any clarification on this would be appreciated.

Many Thanks!

Uploaded screenshots around 12 hours ago, since then the gallery section of the contest has been updated with new screenshots from new participants, but mine is nowhere to be found. Does that mean they have been disqualified? If so why? I took them through Nvidia Ansel, but as far as I know it's not against the rules, I didn't even use mods in the game, not to mention photoshop the photos in any way(it was explicitly stated in the rules that this mustn't be done).

Maybe the new screenshots are added slowly? Wouldn't make much sense, but hey, better than an unfair disqualification.

I took them through Nvidia Ansel, but as far as I know it's not against the rules, I didn't even use mods in the game, not to mention photoshop the photos in any way(it was explicitly stated in the rules that this mustn't be done).
As far as I understood, only taking screenshots from the Photo Mode itself and its "tools" is allowed (someone was "disqualified" in another screenshot contest on Cyberpunk).
Mods are allowed in the game (but won't be toke in account when choosing winners), as long as screenshots are captured with the photo mode.
In short, a PS4/XB1 player will, in theory, have as much chance to win as a high-end PC player.

Edit : My bad, apparently you can :)

Do I have to use the in-game photo mode?​

While we encourage you to use the in-game photo mode in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, we’re aware that previous-generation platforms don’t feature this functionality. You can take the screenshot by other means, but please keep in mind that you cannot edit it in any graphic software, save for cropping and rotating.

Anyway, for the delay, be patient I guess. Screenshots are probably not automatically uploaded/displayed on the slideshow/gallery for abvious reasons :)

Last edited:
all ready plenty top quality photo for this contest .
its seems plenty people playing this next gen update :)

Take part in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Screenshot Contest aka Postcards From The Continent and show us The Witcher universe through your eyes! We start on December 20th with three categories, each of them tasking you to capture a particular aspect of the game:

All you have to do to participate is capture an in-game screenshot and submit it via a dedicated website. You can take advantage of all features offered by the Photo Mode, but you cannot further edit your screenshots using external software. You can only submit one screenshot per category. Please make sure that your submission fits the chosen theme

Hope you’re ready to show us what you got because the best screenshots will be awarded awesome prizes such as Secretlab TITAN Evo 2022 The Witcher Edition gaming chairs, The Witcher goodie bags, and Alienware peripherals (mice, keyboards, and mousepads).

Each Category will have 3 podium spots so there are plenty of opportunities to win! More details, such as the full ruleset of the contest, as well as the submission form, are available on the Screenshot Contest’s website.

Good luck on the Path!
Thx i will try to win
Post automatically merged:

Good luck on the Path!
It will be a good competition

Last edited:
As far as I understood, only taking screenshots from the Photo Mode itself and its "tools" is allowed (someone was "disqualified" in another screenshot contest on Cyberpunk).
Mods are allowed in the game (but won't be toke in account when choosing winners), as long as screenshots are captured with the photo mode.
In short, a PS4/XB1 player will, in theory, have as much chance to win as a high-end PC player.

Edit : My bad, apparently you can :)
Yeah, makes sense that ansel is allowed, saw a lot of screenshots in the contest gallery that were so heavily edited(colorwise) that it couldn't have been just the new photomode. Besides why would they leave ansel in the game if it's something they don't approve of?
That being said, my screenshots are still missing and no answer from people representing CDPR :)

Anyway, for the delay, be patient I guess.
I guess I'll have to be.

Last edited:
Yeah, makes sense that ansel is allowed, saw a lot of screenshots in the contest gallery that were so heavily edited(colorwise) that it couldn't have been just the new photomode. Besides why would they leave ansel in the game if it's something they don't approve of?
That being said, my screenshots are still missing and no answer from people representing CDPR :)
when i read all rules , i assume they said , wan can take screenshot with any third party software , but we can't do any retake/edition with those third party software . ( limits : only can crop , reverse the image )

about missing image on gallery , like as cyberpunk 2077 it may take 2/3 weeks max to appears on the gallery .
gallery is all photo submitted regardless it follow rules or not :) ( or the theme contest )
at end contest , the gallery is finally updated with all photo following the rules , works on this way for cyberpunk 2077

when i read all rules , i assume they said , wan can take screenshot with any third party software , but we can't do any retake/edition with those third party software . ( limits : only can crop , reverse the image )

about missing image on gallery , like as cyberpunk 2077 it may take 2/3 weeks max to appears on the gallery .
gallery is all photo submitted regardless it follow rules or not :) ( or the theme contest )
at end contest , the gallery is finally updated with all photo following the rules , works on this way for cyberpunk 2077
Oh, so that's how it works. Never taken part in their previous photo contests, so didn't know that. Thanks for explaining it.
And yeah, that's what they said in the rules, but ansel does a lot of stuff, color retouching, even simulates ray-taraces like visuals etc, so I had some doubts.

Last edited:
Oh, that's how it works. Never taken part in their previous photo contests before, so didn't know that. Thanks for explaining it.
And yeah, that's what they said in the rules, but ansel does a lot of stuff, color retouching, even simulates ray-taraces like visuals etc, so I had some doubts.
to be honest , it can be hard to see on few rare case if a submitted photo was edited on third party software or not .
i want to be fair so i just use photo mode , but yes with Ansel , we can add remove noise gilter , hdr filter even RTGI filter or stuff like that xD .
with can reproduce some setting on photo mode but it take time . isn't easy friendly like as photo mode on cyberpunk 2077

mode parano on ^^
or may be photo mode feature add an encrypted key only know by dev if the photo was edited or not by third party software ...

Yeah.... (After reading few posts above ^)

This is where it gets confusing because I was like...wait a minute... Nvidia Ansel is a third-party photo mode? However, Nvidia allow us to play the games... Whole time I was using Nvidia Ansel Photo Mode and didn't realize TW3 have their own photo mode too.

I got to admitted, such a terrible timing for Wild Hunt Screenshot contest to come out when there's a lot of work need to be done on next gen 4.0. Nvidia Ansel in 4.0 is not the same as 1.32 version. There were a lot of blurriness (that didn't happen before in 1.32) when you're zooming in/out, some graphic flickering, and few seconds delay for combat screenshot whereas it should've been instant screenshot (instant screenshot YES with TW3 in-game photo mode).

Hopefully in near future I would like to join Wild Hunt Screenshot contest when this game is "Perfect again". That way I will know I will either win or lose fair and square in the contest

LuckyCat

few seconds delay for combat screenshot whereas it should've been instant screenshot
I noticed that too. Although I didn't quite remember how it worked in previous versions, so I assumed it was always like that.
:/

That being said, I'm quite content with how photos came out, Can't wait for results.

I noticed that too. Although I didn't quite remember how it worked in previous versions, so I assumed it was always like that.
:/

That being said, I'm quite content with how photos came out, Can't wait for results.
off topic
new photo mode , and new camera feature in-game , feeling i play now witcher 3 more chill.
take time to explore , or just rest some few to n'joy the scene . :)

Hello, I have a question, I wanted to look at the rules of the competition and what pictures have already been taken, but unfortunately the links in the description only show me a white page and nothing more...
Is this contest limited to the country I'm from or is the problem somewhere else that I can't view the given page or upload my pictures. Thanks in advance for your reply.

unfortunately the links in the description only show me a white page and nothing more...
Might be bit stupid thing to ask but asking it anyways... The first page is indeed pretty white (which might want to confirm your age) so just to make sure, your zoom on that page is 100% and nothing like 800%?

Last edited:
Neither of these pages work, the first one I see only a white background with a circle in the upper left corner and the second one says not found :(

My age is confirmed thanks to the previous page. Zooming in and out of the page does not help.

I'm using the Google chrome browser

Attachments

• 2022-12-26.jpeg
    2022-12-26.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Neither of these pages work, the first one I see only a white background with a circle in the upper left corner and the second one says not found :(

My age is confirmed thanks to the previous page. Zooming in and out of the page does not help.

I'm using the Google chrome browser
It's a localisation issue on the webpage ("cs" doesn't work). Copy-paste this link, it will work (or change "cs" in the url by "en") ;)

Yeah.... (After reading few posts above ^)

This is where it gets confusing because I was like...wait a minute... Nvidia Ansel is a third-party photo mode? However, Nvidia allow us to play the games... Whole time I was using Nvidia Ansel Photo Mode and didn't realize TW3 have their own photo mode too.

I got to admitted, such a terrible timing for Wild Hunt Screenshot contest to come out when there's a lot of work need to be done on next gen 4.0. Nvidia Ansel in 4.0 is not the same as 1.32 version. There were a lot of blurriness (that didn't happen before in 1.32) when you're zooming in/out, some graphic flickering, and few seconds delay for combat screenshot whereas it should've been instant screenshot (instant screenshot YES with TW3 in-game photo mode).

Hopefully in near future I would like to join Wild Hunt Screenshot contest when this game is "Perfect again". That way I will know I will either win or lose fair and square in the contest

LuckyCat
Nvidia Ansel Super-Resolution no longer functions properly. When the Super-Resolution photos are taken, the images are ordered incorrectly, resulting in a blurry and corrupted image:

Attachments

• 9c106cfd073c1e12c027c52fda15a253-jpg.jpg
    9c106cfd073c1e12c027c52fda15a253-jpg.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 114
Top Bottom