The Witcher: Enhanced Edition and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings now support Apple silicon chips!

+

Alicja.

CD PROJEKT RED

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings have just received an update on Steam, GOG and Apple App Store! This update adds support for Apple silicon M1 and M2 chips, and macOS Ventura.

That also means that the new minimum macOS requirement is now macOS 11.0. Read more about the requirement update here.

Enjoy The Witcher on your Macs!

Guest 4722424

Thank you very much to the team who worked hard on making this happen.

Lovely news! And I've started already :D Where can I submit bugs? For minor things I wouldn't bother but there's one that prohibits from playing further. The Witcher Enhanced Edition game crashes on loading screen when entering stairs to the lab for the first time. Config: M2 mini base model (8 GB RAM, 256 GB disk, macOS 14.1.1). Game was installed few days ago via GOG Galaxy and just got updated.

Last edited:

Guest 4722424

Lovely news! And I've started already :D Where can I submit bugs? For minor things I wouldn't bother but there's one that prohibits from playing further. The Witcher Enhanced Edition game crashes on loading screen when entering stairs to the lab for the first time. Config: M2 mini base model (8 GB RAM, 256 GB disk, macOS 14.1.1). Game was installed few days ago via GOG Galaxy and just got updated.

It depends on where you installed the game. On GOG it would be through their website (gog.com).

They will ask you for 2 type of logs, one which contains your system information and the other one which contains the crash report for the game.

Screenshot at Nov 20 22-20-39.png

On steam It would be through their ticketing system here: https://help.steampowered.com/en/

The Witcher 2 also has issues with some character faces having rendering issues when you get close to them (no matter the settings / resolution it seems).

The Witcher 1 also crashes when you enter the cave/crypt in the outskirts of Vizima.

Bboth games can be played at 900p on highest settings with the condition of disabling uber sampling for Witcher 2 if you want a smooth experience.

It will probably take some time until they fix the crashing issues but submitting crash reports helps the team gather the information needed to see where the issues are at.

Hi. Where can I find the Apple silicon version of this game?
System requirements on gog.com say that it is not supported.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Snímka obrazovky 2023-11-20 o 22.09.16.png
    Snímka obrazovky 2023-11-20 o 22.09.16.png
    56 KB · Views: 97

Guest 4722424

Hi. Where can I find the Apple silicon version of this game?
System requirements on gog.com say that it is not supported.
Thanks.

They didn't update the description on GOG yet. You can go ahead and install the game normally, it will run. The description is outdated at the moment.

Thanks for supporting macOS and Apple Silicon!Hoping to see native versione of The Witcher 3 and CyberPunk 2077.
BTW there is a strange bug on some characters faces:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-21 alle 14.42.37 - dimensioni grandi.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-11-21 alle 14.42.37 - dimensioni grandi.jpeg
    173.3 KB · Views: 153

Guest 4722424

Also done, does anyone have a save from after that?
It will probably crash in other areas too. I have a save after that part and for me it would crash when loading a cave instead. Until they fix those issues the game will probably be unplayable for the most part.

Does anyone know if this also happens on other versions? (GOG, App Store)
Yes, unfortunately. I have the GOG version and it also crashes after entering the laboratory. I had another save available that was from after the laboratory, but it crashes after a cutscene with Mikul on a bridge and after entering a cave. I reported it to CDPR support, I'm bummed we can't get further in the game. :(

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings have just received an update on Steam, GOG and Apple App Store! This update adds support for Apple silicon M1 and M2 chips, and macOS Ventura.

That also means that the new minimum macOS requirement is now macOS 11.0. Read more about the requirement update here.

Enjoy The Witcher on your Macs!
On The Witcher: Enhanced Edition is crashing when try to enter laboratory „Crashed Thread: 4 G.Main”.
On The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings there is a strange bug on characters faces - mesh is blinking with white triangles.

Sonoma 14.2.1, M1 Max

Both bought on GOG.

So unfortunately I cannot enjoy The Witcher on my Mac :(

The Witcher 2 face glitch on Apple Silicon is fixed! I just noticed the update queued in Steam, installed it, and ran the game on my M1 MacBook Air. No more NPC face glitch! Woohoo!

I don't know if the Witcher 1 crash is fixed or not, someone else could check and report back.

Top Bottom