Translation Files of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition for bachelor's thesis, Questions for Creators

+
Hi!
I've got a few questions regarding the original version of the game and its translation, since i would like to use the game translation in my bachelor's thesis work.

So firstly, was the original version of the game written in Polish and then translated to English or the other way around? Would be nice if I had the game creators confirmation, just so I will be sure my whole work thesis is correct.
Secondly, where can I find the original translation files for the game, is there a file in which I can see the translations next to each other? And what type of software would I need for that.

Would gladly appreciate any help with said questions. Merry Christmas! :love:

Oh thanks, will do that right away. Yet, maybe let the post stick for a while in case someone will answer my question before the REDs do.
I could be wrong, but if I remember Paweł Sasko mentioned that they "wrote" Cyberpunk in Polish at first. So the VO is Polish, translated in other languages afterward. Also, during the Edgerunners Stream, they also said that script of the serie was originaly wrote in Polish then translated in Japanese to submit it to Studio Trigger (which required to re-translation in polish after some changes asked by Studio Trigger).
So I assume it was likely the same with The Witcher, VO in Polish then translated :)

I could be wrong, but if I remember Paweł Sasko mentioned that they "wrote" Cyberpunk in Polish at first. So the VO is Polish, translated in other languages afterward. Also, during the Edgerunners Stream, they also said that script of the serie was originaly wrote in Polish then translated in Japanese to submit it to Studio Trigger (which required to re-translation in polish after some changes asked by Studio Trigger).
So I assume it was likely the same with The Witcher, VO in Polish then translated :)
Okay, so that would deal with the first of my problems, now I need the creators response to help me with the other one. 👀 Thank you! :love:

I'm a bit late to the party, but I think it's worth mentioning this mod: Lost English Translation Restored by ElementaryLewis. He will know more about the different English versions, because the game had 3. The last one apparently comes from the publisher's request, is shorter, and was used as a base to translate into other languages. It's the one we have in the Enhanced Edition.
However, I'm pretty sure it was first written in Polish then translated in English.

Top Bottom