[TW1][mod] Full Combat Rebalance v1.3 RC

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gailon said:
the only way I could kill them was to run around like mad untill my endurance filled up after each use as all I could do was to knock them down and coupe de grace him on the floor then run around again waiting.I at the current moment can only kill drowners the same way by knocking them down.
Then something is seriously wrong. It's not how the mod works.- barghest's armor has 10 points of damage reduction,- your sword has 13 points of damage,Even without any source of damage increase, both from talents and items, you'll hit barghest with both fast and strong style. Same with drowners.
Gailon said:
with or without the sheath mod when the sword is actually in the game as in present on a visible person whether it is Geralt or Flash the head hunter, for there was a massive drop in fps and distorted scenery. I don't know if this is just a problem I have, oddly even after I killed him he arose again and kept dropping the sword which was useful since I sold the sword he dropped to pay make the money to pay him off perminantly. which was the only way to swort my problem.
The head hunter returns after you reenter the location, it's how original game works. If head hunter rise without you leaving the area, then you've encountered some strange bug. Also I've never noticed any performance drop when ornate sword is on screen.Do you have Scabbard Mod installed? Be sure to pick FCR compatibility in installer. If you install it for vanilla version, you might end up with damage errors like your problems with hitting barghests and drowners.What is your graphic card and what drivers you have installed?

I wasnt having to much trouble hitting enemies until I tried the "A rare wine" quest where you have to fight the 4 algouls in the basement or what not. being trying it for past 3 hours. I guess the mod kinda forces you to complete some quests later rather than earlier depending on how you lvl. I'm lvl 13 now and even with the right oil the game mechanics are to broken to let you do some things. I'm trapped in the basement with almost zero move to manouver and trading hit for hit with 4 of those guys I dont stand a chance since its almost impossible to interrupt their attacks. and the bug that sometimes prevents you attacking an enemy while they are getting up. in open ground i prob could defeat them but in such close quarters its almost impossible at this lvl for such a simple side quest lolany tips on this side question or do I need to wait tilla round lvl 20?

Graveirs are among the hardest enemies you can encounter, so going toe to toe with them early in that chapter is suicide, as was intended. Come back later and be properly prepared, even on ~18 this is a hard fight.So use Necrohage Oil, swallow, blizzard, food, drink and any potion you deem will help you.

Thanks for the advice. I did manage to do it after all. I lost count how many times I tried. but I kind of cheated I think. I used the surroundings to my advantage, backing my self up the stairs so they could only attack one at a time and use the force push sign(I forget the name as I have never used signs much). Also the first time I used them I had 2 unknown bombs in my back pack so I tried them and they were a kind of Fear bomb I believe which worked well with the sign. the mods is still hard to get used to as im still finding alot of things out about it.it is a little bit of shame there isnt an easier way to move during combat other than double tapping the direction key to use the dodges since you have to stand still for a split second to tap it and that can mean life or death.I was wondering also that the next armour you can buy is 7k gold and it seems a hefty price some something that only gives 1 extra point of protection or does it offer some other things that it doesnt state in the description.Thanks for your help an advice allGailon

It's not cheating when you are using your brains ;)What you did was using the full potential of witcher arsenal - signs, bombs and tactical positioning.Basic leather jacket offers -4 damage reduction, while excellent leather jacket -6 reduction. Difference it 2, not one. If the desciption states otherwise it's a bug. Descriptions and gameplay mechanics are completely seperated from each other. As for the price and pondering if it's worth it - I'd buy this armor just for the look, regardless of stats. And you'd better spend this money, otherwise you'll end the game with >10 000 orens. That would be a waste of money.

I am more of a basic combat guy I tend to stay away from things such as magic(signs) and bombs etc but I think the use of both are going to be a needed requirement for sticky situations lol. I already played the Witcher right through up untill you meet berenger and then restarted for this mod, so I still havent reached teh end yet lol.Yeah in most games like this I have a weakness for looks over personal protection so I would end up buying the armour anyway I imagine although I have musted together even 2,000 orons yet nevermind the 7 neede but its early days and I havent even visited the swamp yet. one thing I do wish to knowThe Witchers Steel sword that you start with it says its dmg is dependant on the style used and other swords such ass say the Sword of the Rose Order has 13 dmg bonus but does that include the dmg done via style used. I was always hesitant to sell the start witcher sword incase it was stronger than other steel swords with a +10 etc.Thanks againGailon

There is a limit in description length in D'jinni editor so some swords have info about damage dependent on the style removed. The damage in sword description is the damage of the sword alone, without any other bonuses.Each single point of damage makes a difference with FCR mod. Just a one point of damage more turns into +10 damage after 3 attacks of level 2 style. It's +1 per hit and each attack consists of few hits. Killing enemy faster means recieving fewer hits, means surviving the battle.

I just got the game and worked my way to almost the end of chapter 1. I decided to install FCR but there is a nagging problem. The camera angles and possibly script seems off.System:Radeon 5850 1 gig ramWindows 7 x644 gigs DDR3 ramPhenom 2 x4 945 3 ghzWitcher updated to 1.5 director's cut US retailExamples of problem:When I first played the game, the cut scenes sometimes seemed to focus in on the characters in funny spots. For example, the camera just felt a little too zoomed out, or they may pan to a scene where Vesmer (the older witcher?) would be talking to me, but I was no where on camera but there was plenty of room on the right side of the screen.Playing again with FCR, those same scenes are different. This time the camera focuses up closer to most characters (cutting off part of their forehead). This looked better, until I noticed that the camera was heavily focuses on Triss's breasts and cutting off even more of her head.Finally, when going to a Place of Power, I'd click on it, and then the camera would pan onto Geralt with nothing going on and no options to click. I'd click (after waiting patiently for a minute or two) and have two options pop-up.When I select to perform the ritual - nothing happens. But if I click the mouse, suddenly I have a power-up and I resume normal play.I just want to make sure I'm getting the best experience with this game I can. I'm very excited by the potential, and I'd hate to have it ruined by funky camera angles.Thanks

I am having an issue with the Ornate Sword. I wanted to use the thing, so I killed a guard... I then killed flash and grabbed the sword. I noticed during the flash battle that the game was slowing down, and it continues to do so with the sword strapped to my back. If I put the sword in storage, it's all good, but when it's on-screen the game jitters. I run 2 8800's in SLI and have had absolutely no graphical faux pas hitherto.I also have the most recent drivers and such.Any ideas?

There are few reports about it which confirms the problem exists. I can't reproduce it on my computer and have no idea why this is happening. I'm no graphic artist, I'm a programmer and from scripting point of view there is nothing about ornate sword which can be improved or fixed.

I run an 8800 GT myself and stated above I had this issue, since I deleted the save before i had killed a guard the only way to stop it was kill the bounty hunter enough and get enough swords to sell and make the 1000 orons to buy him off. They fetch 500 orons each.I initially though it may be down to the scarrbard mod but it wasnt the case, it was the sword but it also maybe to due to the graphics card, the 8800 has some dodgey code which interferes with some games this would be the 2nd game it might have messed with for me.

Hi, mate looks real sweet well done inspires me to try modding myself would love to know what tools are needed to start off basic modding on witcher any info on what I need would be great to start off with. Second I just wanted to know I have Enhanced Edition (Steam) a few mods scabbard, dark Geralt , perfect rain, scabbard and texture mod (dark) would these mods conflict are not with F.C.R mod THX

Hi.You "just" need D'jinni, text editor, script sources from moddb and unpacked game files with bifrip.The mods you listed are compatible with each other but you should know that Aurora engine used in The Witcher is at peak performance in out-of-the-box game. Using texture mods + Scabbard mod might end with gameplay under 10 FPS.

Phaedrus567 said:
I just got the game and worked my way to almost the end of chapter 1. I decided to install FCR but there is a nagging problem. The camera angles and possibly script seems off.
Seems I forgot to reply to one post, totally missed it.FCR doesn't change the camera in dialogues. Scabbard Mod does it to avoid the problem with visible scabbards on invisible Geralt. Maybe you have both mods installed. Anyway, dialogues in FCR look just like in vanilla game.

Hmm okay, my favorite view OTS is now replaced with a first person.How do restore the OTS so it's NOT first person?I want this view: Over the Shoulder (OTS) view http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/File:Over_the_Shoulder_view.jpgThanks

It's not replaced. You can zoom out to OTS.If you still don't like it, you can edit or delete CameraSettings.2da in ...\The Witcher\DATA\z_FCR\2da folder.

Hey flash! been a while :) i just finished my first play-through with your flash mod(harder), went with the nonhumans ending, using the 'caster' raven armor + full 'signs build' and the game was way too easy, especially from a point and on.So, for my second play-through i was planning on using your FCR + a 'melee' only build with limited sign useage.Do you think that i'll be able to finish the game that way?Also, i wanted to use this http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-witcher-alchemy-mod alchemy mod since i always found myself with literally ENDLESS mats & Gold! any idea if it's compatible with FCR?Thanks for your hard work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom