What are these structures?

+
I've always wondered what these structures out in the ocean are, and what function they could possibly serve. Anyone knows?
2023-11-30_1531_1.png

I don't think there's any piece of lore in-game which specifically states what they are, at least none that I found as I've read through all of them.

But considering that anywhere outside of Night City is a barren wasteland with numerous oil rigs drilling into the ground, it probably ain't good for the ocean. Could be some elaborate hydro-generators or tidal barriers or coastal defenses or ocean purifiers (highly doubtful, there's no money in going green :LOL: ).

Yeah, no idea either :(
But I bet on some kind of defences. On the other side, I guess it's the international waters, so it's a "border" to defend too. Knowing the defenses that there are on the land part, I wouldn't be surprised if there is not some kind of big turrets ready to blow up any boat which could try to pass between these pylons.

Could also be desalinization plants to produce fresh water.

Or something for the protection of NC against tsunamis.

Or defense turrets. Or tidal power plants.

Or all of the above :)

These are defends towers for a huge sea wall build by Arasaka. I assume after 2045.

During the fourth coorperate war Arasaka basically polluted the world oceans with self-replicating mines, which went rogue eventually (on themselves or due to the datakrash). Only heavily reinforced ships can safely travel the oceans. With smaller vessels like pirates or sea-nomads (called rafters) needing to fight off these mines constantly and raft cities needing to be self-sufficient. Tough it didn't create massive problems for humans as Areozaps already took over worldwide shipping while most regions also being self-sufficient due to deglobalization.

I don't think they where present in Cyberpunk Red, so I assume they where build in like the 50's. The Cyberpunk wiki refered to them being build in the 70's. But I think that's kinda late lore-wise.

Top Bottom