What is the best GTX 970 to run this game?

+
What is the best GTX 970 to run this game?

Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
$369.99

CPU Cooler
Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler
$92.49

Motherboard
Asus MAXIMUS VIII HERO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
$219.99

Memory
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory
$103.99

Storage
Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
$69.99

Case
Cooler Master HAF X ATX Full Tower Case
$159.99

Power Supply
EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
$125.95

Asus DRW-24B3ST/BLK/G/AS DVD/CD Writer
$21.98

Monitor
BenQ XL2420Z 144Hz 24.0" Monitor
$319.99

Razer DeathAdder Chroma Wired Optical Mouse

[FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Nimbus Sans L, arial, sans-serif]$57.00[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Nimbus Sans L, arial, sans-serif]This is what I have and I want to know which 970 will run this game the best (I understand a 980 is better but don't want to spend the money). I am considering the Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 windforce, or the MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G Twin Frozr. I am reading that the G1 has the best speed and stuff, but the MSI has better cooling and OC abilities(Also runs much quieter). I am going to be playing this game a lot and want the best experience for my money in the 970 range.[/FONT]

You need an SSD.

I'd go with the MSI because the cooler is truly awesome and I have great history with MSI.

I'm very satisfied with my EVGA (GTX 980 ti), but they do run hot by default. It's a simple matter of using Afterburner to manually set the fan speed curve. I rarely touch 60°C now.

And -- absolutely SSD. It's a must for smooth gaming now.

STRIXS are nice but if you have two it not really much benefit, well i personally don't see much improvement with two.

I have a Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 wind force which runs the game well but is noisy when on for 3 plus hours a day. Might be the coil whine generated also.

I have a Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 wind force which runs the game well but is noisy when on for 3 plus hours a day. Might be the coil whine generated also. My friend got the MSI version which takes less room in the case and runs noticeable quieter. I compared the performance; if you're taking the GPU straight out of the box and not overclocking get the MSI. Overclocking the G1 has more push but gaming in the Witcher 3 for example you will not notice so it's negligible. If I had to choose again I would go for the MSI version, if like me you play games with speakers and not a headset you will appreciate it more.

+1 for MSI 970

Pros:
+ Good value for money
+ High overclock capability
+ Keeps relatively cool under stress

Cons:
- Some people experience coil whine, don't have it myself
- Last 500MB of VRAM has a slow memory bus. This is not an issue with TW3 because it doesn't use all memory

Top Bottom