Yet another male-oriented fantasy game...

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet another male-oriented fantasy game...

::sigh:: The art section pretty much sums it up for me. Are there any female characters who wear clothes in this game?Hey, I have a novel idea for a female fantasy character, let's show her nipples in all the ad art!Yeah, I'm annoyed.Lishi

Lishi said:
::sigh:: The art section pretty much sums it up for me. Are there any female characters who wear clothes in this game?Hey, I have a novel idea for a female fantasy character, let's show her nipples in all the ad art!Yeah, I'm annoyed.Lishi
you talking about triss concept art? i just saw it - really weird picture(the haircut) reminds me star wars episode 1 - the queen with strange haircuts - i hope i wont see such haircuts in game - freaks me out

Lishi said:
::sigh:: The art section pretty much sums it up for me. Are there any female characters who wear clothes in this game?
Yep, but you need a special code to activate the clothes. It's not officially supported by the CDPR, though.But hey, it's just Sapkowski's world. Women are bitches, men are c**ts. Get used :)

Zver said:
you talking about triss concept art? i just saw it - really weird picture(the haircut) reminds me star wars episode 1 - the queen with strange haircuts - i hope i wont see such haircuts in game - freaks me out
Hmm, but there is one screenshot with that (or very similar) haircuts (it's strange for me too )

Lishi said:
NewsFlash:Medieval society, which was the main influence for the society model in the Witcher book, was in fact male dominated! Women didn’t really have a significant role in the affairs of those days. If you have any doubts, a good history class will help clear them off.I think it is kind of silly to blame developers or the writer for this.

Blah, blah blah Lishi.... who really wants to look at a heroine who is clothed like a complete peasant anyway? Besides.... this argument is so played out these days... noone wants to play a game that is unattractive. That's just the way it is.You want a completely feminist game? Then get off yer butt, learn to program and make your own game.

Michael said:
Lishi said:
NewsFlash:Medieval society, which was the main influence for the society model in the Witcher book, was in fact male dominated! Women didn’t really have a significant role in the affairs of those days. If you have any doubts, a good history class will help clear them off.I think it is kind of silly to blame developers or the writer for this.
Still, there was the sorceress lodge wich very heavily influenced the world's politics in the books. And these women were quite feminist ;)

And it will possibly be in the game for all we know. You have to admit, however, that 99% of women in that world were not overly too influential.

NewsFlash? lol, anyway...I don't really consider myself a feminist and I could care less about history in this case because that has nothing to do with my post. This is 2005 and I'm merely looking for a game that would be interesting to me.I don't have a problem with nudity or nudity in games. I believe the concept art is a cliche marketing ploy that turns me off, that's all. Let's not jump to conclusions and get our panties in a twist boys.

Well, sorry if we got your panties in a twist, I assure you that was never the intention.As far as the year being 2005, this is true of course but I don’t see how it relates to a particular fantasy world. Since the books are already written and the world is set, complaining about it is redundant. In regards to the fashion, well it is a medieval-based fantasy RPG. Women were viewed as mere sex objects during those times and because this is a fictional world, which does not have the influence of the Catholic Church (as Europe did) the dresses are a bit more open.And you are absolutely right; the game has to sell, so the promotional part is there. I’m sure you understand that it is necessary.

Erm, the world of The Witcher is not your typical, medievalisque fantasy - many aspects of it are based off modern times. The women of the 'feminist' power clique that macell mentioned aren't the only influential females in witcher's world. There are several powerful queens, one of the short stories featured a badass female brigand (the one you can download from thewitcher.com, IIRC), and Geralt was befriended to the matron mother of the female-only temple of Melietle (did I get the spelling right?) - and she held quite a lot of power, too.There's no logical reasoning behind the revealing clothes of female characters beyond that of the boobie-factor.P.S.We demand bump-mapped nipples.

PrzeSzkoda said:
There's no logical reasoning behind the revealing clothes of female characters beyond that of the boobie-factor.
That was the acknowledgement I was looking for.I'd be equally put off if they had 5 bulging crotch shots of Geralt, but that gets into another issue. I'd like a story sold to me on its merits and depth of the characters. I've probably posted way more than I should have. I was just expressing my opinion on the choices the advertising people have made. Maybe the story, setting, and characters will all be great, I just don't think I'll be waiting in line for this one.

kdar

Forum veteran
Lishi said:
::sigh:: The art section pretty much sums it up for me. Are there any female characters who wear clothes in this game?Lishi
Ahhhh.... So what? I dont see there any thing wrong.

Yeah most of the peasents you see will probably be wearing rags and stuff or blankets or whatever is in style for those crazy peasents.

The game features the player as a „Witcher”, a warrior who has been trained to fight since childhood, subjected to mutations and trials that transformed him. He earns his living killing monsters and is a member of a brotherhood founded long ago to protect people from werewolves, the undead, and a host of other beasts.For me this sounds as if the hero is male by default (as in Gothic), or can I also create a female character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom