Yet another male-oriented fantasy game...

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lishi said:
::sigh:: The art section pretty much sums it up for me. Are there any female characters who wear clothes in this game?Hey, I have a novel idea for a female fantasy character, let's show her nipples in all the ad art!Yeah, I'm annoyed.LishiLishi38588.9459606481
To the orginal post i can only respond with a question:So you dont buy example Lancome products becouse their TV commercials show erotic women?Its just marketing, simple as that, sex sells end of story.

DrStrange said:
DrStrange said:
There is always a faction who feels offended with a content, makes no difference if it's a game or movie. There was that issue with *damned I forgot the title* some sort of action game where the "good guys" had a gun fight outside + inside a church (original setting from an English church in *grrr, once again I forgot the town*. Then the Church of England had an objection they don't want a scenario with slained poeple in that recognisable church.btwAssassin's Creed is that action adventure with 1st person view, isn't it? ;D
Yes, Resistance, Fall of Man for the PS3. Ridiculous the things people banter on about. Religion is always causing trouble...heh"Assassins creed"...yes, I think it was mentioned on this forum a few times. ;D
"Assassin's Creed" has a first person view? I was hoping to a more "Prince of Persia"-like movement. Hard to imagine that from first person perspective. I would be pretty confused by that.That church in Resistance - Fall of Man was the Manchester cathedral, IIRC. Only played the game for a short time on the GC, but I've heard of that complaint, too. Pretty ridiculous.It's always funny to see what people will find offensive about what game next.But, I think the OP didn't find the depiction of the women in The Witcher offensive, right? It was more of a "hmm... why are there no semi-naked / naked men in the game for the female players to look at?" Either way: It's just logical. Gamers sadly are mainly male, especially when it comes to mature / "destructive" games. There are nearly no women who are interested in playing mature computer games. I'm sorry, I know it's a cliche, but for what I know and have seen, most women either don't play computer games at all or stick to casual games or things like "The Sims" (let's say "creative games"). There's nothing wrong with that, but it suggests tailoring mature games for the male population. Now, that's probably something of a vicious circle somehow. Tailoring mature games for male players because female players mainly won't play them still leads to female players mostly not playing mature games. But I guess developers are betting on the "sex sells" aspect and rather lure some additional male players into buying the game than taking the chance that some more female players might buy the game.

No, A.C. is third person...but, it is a long, long story as to why the name of that game makes people on this forum's toe nails curl! ;D

boys... times are changing :p visit zockerweibchen.de Girls from all over the world playing Counterstrike... playing successful in tournaments CS, a typical game for men. This site isn't new. It exists for several years. I think these female players have a certain stance over game content that is nothing more than buying women with cheap stuff for sex :p

PetraSilie said:
boys... times are changing :p visit zockerweibchen.de Girls from all over the world playing Counterstrike... playing successful in tournaments CS, a typical game for men. This site isn't new. It exists for several years. I think these female players have a certain stance over game content that is nothing more than buying women with cheap stuff for sex :p
Yeah, I know there are girls that play other games than "The Sims". I even do know some that do. Just as I know girls that have nothing against a good gore movie. My point was: They are not exactly many. Good thing if their numbers are rising, but currently the vast majority of gamers is still male. I just think that girls currently are not considered too much when creating a game that contains violence and harsh language and other stuff like that because of that.

I'm trying to get my wife to play. She didn't like Sims of WoW. ??? She did say, however, that she'd like to play Everlight, but I think there is only a German version of that. I wonder if they would release an English version sometime soon?

Everlight? That German adventure with the "Harry Potter" clone Melvin? How does it come that this game found the way over to the States? I think.. Everlight is kitsch ;D but I don't want to say this game is good for nothing, games like that are just not my taste.@matches81Yes you're right ;) the more we have to highlight those female "zocker*"community to the public.@Dr.Strangeyes, it was Resistance, Fall of Man*don't know if there's is an English word for that, means exzessive gamer

MichaelT said:
I'm trying to get my wife to play. She didn't like Sims of WoW.
LOL Michael When my wife found out that WOW had a new party/guild /Battale ground chat stym she ran out got a new head set for it lol.

Interesting thread. I'd kill for a Witcher game with a Witcheress protagonist. We had a taste in TW3 with Ciri, but it wasn't enough (there's also the fact she's not a true Witcher, so to speak)

God no, I'm so tired of the politically correct "strong wamen" and "Mary Sue" trope these days. Nearly every single sci-fi or fantasy game, TV-show or movie etc. the last few years have pushed a female lead, or started off with a male legacy character, only to make a bait-and-switch during the story.

Just give us a macho and strong male protagonist again, like Geralt. This works much better in a medieval setting, with fist and sword fights, where physical size and strength actually matters. Yes, it's fantasy, but you need to root things in an European historical context, real life physics and sensical ideas, for the sake of immersion and credibility. We've had enough of the Hollywood nonsense, and if CDPR decides to go down that road, they will receive *a lot* of backlash from the fans, because people are sooo tired of this crap now.

Yes, there's a small yet loud minority online, who are constantly pushing for this stuff, IGNORE them. Remember who things turned out for The Witcher TV-show? It's dead, practially nobody cares about it anymore. If it weren't for Henry Cavill, people would be even more critical of the entire show.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom