The Witcher House of Glass Trade Paperback released today!

+
The Witcher House of Glass Trade Paperback released today!

Together with Dark Horse Comics we are thrilled to announce today’s release of The Witcher House of Glass in Trade Paperback format. Including all the previously released issues (#1-5), and being a self-contained story, the Witcher House of Glass TPB makes an exciting addition to the collections of Witcher fans and dark fantasy enthusiasts alike.

Created by Paul Tobin, with art by Joe Querio and covers by Mike Mignola, The Witcher House of Glass extends the universe known from critically acclaimed video games and books, and delivers a compelling tale of adventure, horror and mystery.

Travelling near the edge of the Black Forest, in the land of the Angren, witcher Geralt meets a widowed man whose dead and murderous wife resides in an eerie mansion known as the House of Glass. With its endless rooms and horror around every corner, Geralt will have to use all his witcher prowess to solve the manor’s mystery and survive.

“Joe Querio's art style is perfectly suited to that subtle, creeping approach to horror. He brings a powerful sense of mood to the page, forcing the eye to linger on each panel and soak in the unsettling nature of the forest and its sights.”, Jesse Schedeen, IGN

“Paul Tobin squares his mastery of The Witcher’s speech patterns and tone perfectly, with each line of dialog serving to advance the plot or develop the characters. Geralt himself speaks without pretension or affectation and in this way, he’s become one of the most interesting characters in fantasy”, Corey Schroeder, Comic Vine

“With bleak images of a deadly scenery and gross-looking old monster-hags, Joe Querio's artwork is the perfect choice for this twisted story.”, Chris Romero, Geeks Unleashed

Watch the official Witcher: House of Glass TPB release trailer here.

The comic is available in physical format in good comic book stores in the United States of America and on DarkHorse.com.

Any plans in making (in the future) translated versions like... let's say Spanish? Considering that Sapkowski's Spanish publishing is one among very few which has translated the whole saga ( the 8 books) it would be appreciated to get the comic book in Spanish too.

Last edited:
I have to say, I am not a big fan of this guys art style at all.
I have 1-5 but if they ever make more comics after this, please find a better artist.
The read was good but the drawings not so much ;)

I have to say, I am not a big fan of this guys art style at all.
I have 1-5 but if they ever make more comics after this, please find a better artist.
The read was good but the drawings not so much ;)

No offense but their style don't made them worse artist, only different. All we like are not the best neither all we dislike are the worst.

Any plans in making (in the future) translated versions like... let's say Spanish? Considering that Sapkowski's Spanish publishing is one among very few which has translated the whole saga ( the 8 books) it would be appreciated to get the comic book in Spanish too.

There is a spanish / polish / russian / germany version in the making

The problem is that it is not a style.
I am a producer/director, having worked at top international corporations for close to twenty years.
My wife is a fine artist. My children are artist and in art school... this is just 'poor' skill. Perhaps pressured for time, and if so, that is a shame.
Granted, a lot of comics tend to 'lack' in style. I was hoping this would be closer to the interactive digital "Witcher" comic they already have out on iPad.
Game of thrones comic... despite they all look the same, is quite nice - colours, etc.
Heck, i even mentioned to my daughter that she should redraw the comic and submit it to CD Project Red.
I appreciate the guy took time, but they needed to either give him/her more, or hire a different artist as already stated... for an epic game, this is a disappointment.
No offense but their style don't made them worse artist, only different. All we like are not the best neither all we dislike are the worst.

I'll be buying the TPB, even though i'm another who's already voiced disappointment with the art, if not the writing. Engaging the reader visually - with appropriate art, but also secondary characteristics like layout & typeface - is absolutely essential in this medium. I support this idea from the REDs and I buy in hopes that the book will be joined on my shelves by other Witcher comics I can actually heartily recommend as more than a curio ;)

@JohnRichard; You speak truth, but when a comic series finds its style it rises far beyond its humble pulpy peers, to the point they're almost different species. I'm tempted to say there isn't a medium that's given me more enjoyment than this ancient sequential art form, partly because it occasionally produces true gems (pulp mediums requiring by nature less sales = more artistic freedom / less conformism = occasional utter brilliance). Oh and +1 to the daughter taking your advice... sure whats to lose?

Top Bottom