Extracting .bif files

+
Extracting .bif files

Great to finally have the D'jinni!!!Been running through some of the tutorials which are very in depth and really go beyond holding your hand :DI've come across occasions where it tells you where to find certain files, but they're not in my folders!! I'm assuming that the devs are sitting with everything unpacked as they work on it - of course we get the game shipped all packed up neatly.how can i unpack this .bif format, anyone know?

Make sure all the files you export from the .bif files are then copied under your The Witcher/Data folder and then you'll be able to access nearly every resource from The Witcher in your own creations.

i've extracted all .key files (main, patch1 patch2 localized and lang_5) and i still can't see bmp maps or 2da files that should be there for every location...

YarpenZirgin said:
i've extracted all .key files (main, patch1 patch2 localized and lang_5) and i still can't see bmp maps or 2da files that should be there for every location...
i think this part of the wiki is incorrect.i found them simply in the folders data/bmp and data/2da

but after extracting key files?i have bmp folder - but there are no maps. the same with 2da - folder with many files, but not these i need.

hmmmmmm, although i wasn't sure these files were the ones i needed they were named exactly the same as the ones on the wiki, and as you can only have 1 file with each name no matter in which folder i assumed they were correct, even if they looked wrong. haven't tried them out yet, i'll have a look

no, names are also incorrect. there should be something like regg********_m1.bmp/2da. there are no such files.

yeah, you're right. i have exactly the same, they don't have the _m1 suffix.i've done what you've done, extracted the .bifs using all the keys.does anyone have these files?

Yes, I have them.They are in a module ‘m1_module.adv’, which is the Polish version of „Price of Neutrality” adventure (I have a Polish version of the game). After loading the module, press [CRTL] + [R] to open a module explorer. Go to ‘2D arrays’ node and you should find ‘regg31_m1’ file. Right click on it and extract. Go to Bitmap Files node, right click on regg31_m1 and extract it.Actually I think it is not necessary to extract them this way, because they contain the very same data as for instance regg31_41.2da and regg31_41.bmp, extracted from original .bif files. But I haven't tested it yet.

I have a problem after extracting the main.bif file.I used the extractor and it added lots of subfolders in my DATA folder, It seemed to work just fine (I've found chairs I've been looking, for wooohoooo!), but then when I tried to add a new creature template, it seems that I can't open their models (using the edit -> show approproate model). The editor says that file xxxx (name of the model) cannot be found.Any idea what might be wrong? Maybe I should've extracted the bif to some other location?

I would remove the meshes directory from your Data folder. Generally, at least from what I've seen, Djinni already pulls every model file from the bif when you're making a new character template. It could potentially be conflicting. And, on a sidenote, I've noticed there are a handful of models that do not work. Whether they don't exist, or they are locked, I can't say.I will test moving the meshes folder into Data and seeing if I can reproduce the errors.

Typically I unBIFed the files in a different folder, and then copied over folders I needed in Djinni into a new folder. I'd say try into say a folder on desktop, and then copy the contents of certain folders to a new folder in Data. Test to make sure everything is functioning properly after you clear out the unBIFed files before redoing it. If there's still a problem, there's an issue with the location of The Witcher and Djinni.

Top Bottom