Other cyberpunk-ish games?

+
GUYS what about Prey 2? Its still in development though but Cyberpunk 2077 gots some competition

I've been following Prey 2 since E3 2011, which doesn't say much since we've gotten no information since then. I hope Bethesda doesn't hold this up much longer...

Shadowrun and neocron !!! For syndicate, the firsts one was great, the last fps one is cool, but EA killed the licence by not supporting the game...Sad, the multi was really good.
Deus ex 1, the last one is (for me) shitty as hell...Too polished, nothing dirty, a bad main character...

Seriously, Cyberpunk got all his chances, cyberpunk games are soft these days.

Shadowrun and neocron !!! For syndicate, the firsts one was great, the last fps one is cool, but EA killed the licence by not supporting the game...Sad, the multi was really good.
Deus ex 1, the last one is (for me) shitty as hell...Too polished, nothing dirty, a bad main character...

Seriously, Cyberpunk got all his chances, cyberpunk games are soft these days.

I'm a former player of the MMO game "Face of Mankind."

For anyone who doesnt know FoM's history it started off as a VERY promising player run MMO in 2003 (Open Beta in 2005) with some heavy Cyberpunk themes. You could play as cops, corporations, clans, crime sydnicates ect.

You had different 'Factions' to choose from all focused heavily on Cyberpunk ideas, my choice was the 'Law Enforcement Department' (LED). As an LED Officer you POLICED the game, arresting other players who dealt illegal drugs, carried illegal weapons, committed murder ect - it was a very fun game back in the day.

Sadly FoM lost its way in 2007 by selling out to a mobile phone company who tried to turn it into a TF2 spin-off and the immersion and player freedom was stripped from the game, now the game has removed the Factions altogether and has gone down the line of an open 'sandbox' style play that offers no substance at all anymore - very sad.

FoM was shaping up to be an excellent and true Cyberpunk Role Playing game but it failed ultimatley because the Devs didnt know where to take it.

For anyone who's interested this is the FoM I knew and loved:

[video=youtube;vAG-H1YMzq8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAG-H1YMzq8[/video]

My bet is some FoM veterans will show up in these very Cyberpunk forums, atleast thats my theory...

This just popped into my mind, but:

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay and
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chronicles_of_Riddick:_Escape_from_Butcher_Bay
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chronicles_of_Riddick:_Assault_on_Dark_Athena

The Riddick games are pretty dark, brutal and cyberpunk. Both games are awesome, look great and are actually good movie videogames. Worth checking out.

Btw, made by the same team that made Syndicate (2012 game).

I started a thread about a list of cyberpunk games, who wants to help search, its right here on this off-topic forum..

I've been following Prey 2 since E3 2011, which doesn't say much since we've gotten no information since then. I hope Bethesda doesn't hold this up much longer...

there is a lot of cyberpunk games coming though so it is coming back in a major way

It's probably been mentioned already but, I'm a great fan of Anarchy Online myself.

It's a MMORPG but the entire focus is about customizing yourself, you pick your own weapon regardless of breed or profession (though you may be less proficient), you use implants to pick your augments out of three slots (or symbiants, pre-made and pay2play only), for 13 specific areas of the body (eye, head, ear, right arm, chest, left arm, right wrist, waist, left wrist, right hand, legs, left hand, feet).

You're pretty much an enterprising immigrant, the year's 29'487 and you can pick sides with Omni-Tek, a megacorporation that owns the rights to the relevant planet Rubi-Ka to mine empty for the precious mineral Notum (which is used as a mana-like resource for nanoformulae, like spells) and the Joint Clans which are locked in a struggle with Omni-Tek wanting to make a home on Rubi-Ka and stop the mining operations.

It's probably been mentioned already but, I'm a great fan of Anarchy Online myself.

It's a MMORPG but the entire focus is about customizing yourself, you pick your own weapon regardless of breed or profession (though you may be less proficient), you use implants to pick your augments out of three slots (or symbiants, pre-made and pay2play only), for 13 specific areas of the body (eye, head, ear, right arm, chest, left arm, right wrist, waist, left wrist, right hand, legs, left hand, feet).

You're pretty much an enterprising immigrant, the year's 29'487 and you can pick sides with Omni-Tek, a megacorporation that owns the rights to the relevant planet Rubi-Ka to mine empty for the precious mineral Notum (which is used as a mana-like resource for nanoformulae, like spells) and the Joint Clans which are locked in a struggle with Omni-Tek wanting to make a home on Rubi-Ka and stop the mining operations.

anarchy online was designed to be a game for the cyberpunk fan. I know a lot of folks that played it as such.

Attachments

• Profession_Fixer.jpg
    Profession_Fixer.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 37
Top Bottom