Do I need to talk to GOG.com about this?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I need to talk to GOG.com about this?

So I've slept on the issue.

If the game is not as pretty as the 2014 gameplay footage I want my money back from the pre order.

But as we've been told we wont know what the PC version REALLY looks like until release day and then I would have 'opened the packaging' so to speak.

I pre ordered on the strength of that build with the tessellated gate house. I bought the witcher2 because is made skyrim look bland. I haven't played witcher1 because its too dated,

I am a graphics whore and enjoy high fidelity immersion. I only pay £5 for a story book.

So with my i5, 8gb ram, SSD and a 970 I expect that 2014 build or my money back.

Is that unreasonable?

If the game is not as pretty as the 2014 gameplay footage I want my money back from the pre order.

But as we've been told we wont know what the PC version REALLY looks like until release day and then I would have 'opened the packaging' so to speak.

I pre ordered on the strength of that build with the tessellated gate house. I bought the witcher2 because is made skyrim look bland. I haven't played witcher1 because its too dated,

I am a graphics whore and enjoy high fidelity immersion. I only pay £5 for a story book.

So with my i5, 8gb ram, SSD and a 970 I expect that 2014 build or my money back.

Is that unreasonable?

Why dont you play the game for all ofits amazing quests and story plus it looks damn good as it is

the game still look amazing and will be moddable, as much as i am a graphical whore myself, reducing W3 to its graphics is not a good thing

GOG.com offers 30 day money back guarantee. Not sure does it apply to preorders. I can't see why not.

I wouldn't be so hasty though. CDPR has stated that they work with the PC version to the very end so I'm hoping for the best.

I think you should take it easy, by that I mean you should wait 14 more hours and play the game.

But if you don't think you will enjoy the game, then you can use the "MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. 30 days coverage after purchase."

And if that's not possible, then you should try the game and if you don't enjoy it. That's life.

Because no one is forcing you or anyone else to pre-order, the developers have even said in the interviews if you are not sure.. please wait for reviews or for the game to be released and think about it.

GOG.com offers 30 day money back guarantee. Not sure does it apply to preorders. I can't see why not.

I wouldn't be so hasty though. CDPR has stated that they work with the PC version to the very end so I'm hoping for the best.

I quote from here: https://www.gog.com/support/website_help/money_back_guarantee

4. How does it work?
If, within 30 days after the purchase of your game, you experience technical problems or game-breaking bugs that prevent you from finishing your game, contact our customer support. They will do their best to help you fix the problem and if, at the end of their attempts to solve the problem your game is still not working, we'll give you back your money.

So he 1. gets a refund now BEFORE playing the game or he will not be able to get a refund unless he has major technical issues. That's atleast what I am getting from this.

I also quote from here: http://www.gog.com/news/announcing_our_new_guarantee

There's even more! If you bought a game by mistake, or simply changed your mind about a purchase, you can get a full refund within 14 days, as long as the game wasn't downloaded.

This 14 days were later changed into 30 days.

So this is more proof for my assumption. You either refund now before downloading or you won't be able to refund.

Last edited:
I fell in love with our polish friends the minute I walked in to the forest around Flotsam. The opening siege got my attention.

OMG its beautiful. I clapped, in an empty room I clapped.

Quest still boil down to go there and kill collect. Its all about the journey.

For an RPG I will sacrifice 60fps but I don't want to get drawn into specifics. I'm going to wait till lunchtime (when my morning coffee has worn off) then probably cancel my preorder.
Not in a fit of PC master race rage. After very careful consideration and assessing available evidence.

Is that unreasonable?

Its simple wanna play one of the best rpg out there.? Then no. But are you only a graphic whore and dont care about gameplay then cancel your preorder and never buy games at all.

We don't need graphic whores here.

People do Not pre-order games. Is it that Hard to wait. I think They should take your money cause you whine about idiotic thing you did.

if you're going to get all worked up about it then get a refund. I'm not necessary happy about what I hear about the graphics but seriously, that's just one part of the game, everything else sounds amazing. It'll be your loss.

Do you want a game or a tech demo? The Witcher 3 continues to be the best looking open world RPG on the market, one of the best looking open world games, period. The developers had to do compromises in getting the product actually finished, just as they always do, but as far as I am concerned, they did a superb job at it.

Yes, there are better looking games out there, but just about all of them are far more restricted and shallow than TW3, because they in turn sacrificed player freedom for graphical fidelity. So ask yourself, which is better, revolutionary graphics or a revolutionary game?

I wanted both. Graphics and Game.
Its just an RPG but not boring because they have good writers.
I preordered to show my support - a heart felt gesture. Never preordered anything before.
THere is emotion in my attachment to CDPR.
I can have an amazing quest by reading a book.
Remember the combat rebalance mod for TW2, that made me drop on bended knee and propose marriage to CDPR.
I will get the game but like I said, a good book costs £5 so I will be patient and buy the game later.

Please don't hate me. I'm just honest about my gaming needs.

I wanted both. Graphics and Game.
Its just an RPG but not boring because they have good writers.
I preordered to show my support - a heart felt gesture. Never preordered anything before.
THere is emotion in my attachment to CDPR.
I can have an amazing quest by reading a book.
Remember the combat rebalance mod for TW2, that made me drop on bended knee and propose marriage to CDPR.
I will get the game but like I said, a good book costs £5 so I will be patient and buy the game later.

Please don't hate me. I'm just honest about my gaming needs.
Then you should be happy.

The game looks beautiful and stunning and I believe it to be an awesome game.

https://translate.google.com/transl...karten-Benchmarks-1159196/&edit-text=&act=url

The first, i think, benchmark.
Only high end cards seems to go past 30 fps, which means it is a high demanding game. I think it is exactly what us pc players want.
Plus, shadows, tessellation, shaders, water, draw distance, LoD (less pop-ins), lighting got higher settings than earlier review builds and colors are now more natural. The improvement, i' d say unlock ;), is there and i think there will be more.

IF you're JUST a graphic whore, then you're not being unreasonable. It's perfectly understandable when you buy for certain reason then the seller fails to meet your condition then you want your money back, for whatever reason there is. Including graphical downgrade.

But hey you'll miss the best RPG of our time.

I personally disappointed if they don't keep their promises on things like this. But i don't let this bug me to the point that i won't play their game. IMO if there IS downgrade, they should apologize early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom