Charles Dance to voice the Emperor of Nilfgaard in Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
Saoe said:
Wonder who will voice Yennifer.
I'm voting for Nika Futterman. Sexiest voice in the universe and probably not incredibly expensive to hire.

EDIT: for references, she was Velvet Velour in "Vampire: Bloodlines".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsWBTeoB1Xs

Good PR move from cdpred, but I personally think he will botch up his part becasue he will not understand the world.

Why wouldn't he understand the world? If he is presented with a good and elaborate script, there is no reason to think he'll botch it, the man is an esteemed actor for a reason. Heck, him accepting the part is most likely, I like to think, because he was impressed with the script.

So anyways, when are we getting our Emhyr trailer???

Today I heard Adam Badowski saying on a radio that Charles Dance rejected CDPR's offer at their first approach.

gregski said:
Today I heard Adam Badowski saying on a radio that Charles Dance rejected CDPR's offer at their first approach.

Any details as to why? I imagine it would be hard to manage his schedule, considering GoT.

gregski said:
I was waiting for more details but there weren't any
Maybe because video game?

That or the dude may be real busy with GOT. Not to sound like a Debbie Downer, but I'm still not sure it was worth the effort to hire a celebrity.

gregski said:
I was waiting for more details but there weren't any :(/> Maybe because video game?

Probably. Unfortunately, a lot of people who are not gamers still treat video games as an entertainment for kids, rednecks and idiots. It is good that Charles Dance has more sense in him, and he eventually accepted this offer.

gregski said:
I wonder what made him change his mind, I like to think it was the awesomeness of the games, and also that of the story universe created by Sapkowski.

Regardless, looking forward to his work in the game.

cmdrsilverbolt said:
I wonder what made him change his mind, I like to think it was the awesomeness of the games, and also that of the story universe created by Sapkowski.

Regardless, looking forward to his work in the game.

Well, you know, you're Charles Dance and you're approached by a small, Polish game development studio, asking you for VOs for Emperor Emhyr var Emreis, Deithwen Addan yn Carn aep Morvudd.

You might be quite confused at first :) But maybe after he had some time to know their work, know that it's all based on fantasy novels and a world quite close to GoT in terms of atmosphere...who knows?

Mike Pondsmith also took his time to know CDPR's games better before he decided to license Cyberpunk to them. He wasn't familiar with Witcher games until they approached him.

gregski said:
Well, you know, you're Charles Dance and you're approached by a small, Polish game development studio, asking you for VOs for Emperor Emhyr var Emreis, Deithwen Addan yn Carn aep Morvudd.

He should have said 'sure, sign me up!' right away. :)
Dance is notorious for NOT reading any of ASoIaF novels, and not planning on reading them at all, but he liked the GOT script. It may be the same situation with TW3.

KnightofPhoenix said:
It feels like our CDPR is growing.

I think RPS summed it up pretty good:

The rise and rise of CDP has been a remarkable thing to watch. What we’re seeing is a studio spooling up to full power. The enormous ambition of The Witcher failed to really hit its mark, but the intention was clear. The even greater ambition of The Witcher 2 revealed CDP to be an RPG creator that was hitting its stride, as well as achieving its ambitions, and now the third game, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, threatens to outshine an entire industry with its technical and artistic prowess. Full power, I suspect, has been reached.

gregski said:
I think RPS summed it up pretty good:

The rise and rise of CDP has been a remarkable thing to watch. What we’re seeing is a studio spooling up to full power. The enormous ambition of The Witcher failed to really hit its mark, but the intention was clear. The even greater ambition of The Witcher 2 revealed CDP to be an RPG creator that was hitting its stride, as well as achieving its ambitions, and now the third game, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, threatens to outshine an entire industry with its technical and artistic prowess. Full power, I suspect, has been reached.

And FREE-DRM!!!!

Charles Dance is a great actor. But.

From the books I got the impression that Emhyr was still relatively young. In his prime in both physically and mentally. (something like 30-35?) And Dance is old. I mean grandpa old. And his voice doesn't sound like someone who is in his prime.

Top Bottom