Possible ending of The Witcher 3

+
I'd like to have options. And if sacrificing Geralt is going to be an option, then I need a good, and worthy reason to choose to sacrifice him and he should go in an epic way. Yes, I was referring to getting stabbed with a pitchfork by a peasant, which was really terrible. I never got why Andrzej Sapkowski did that.

Sounds ME3.

Ending it properly if the player does everything right, with Yen or Triss, and not playing the tear duct pressure game which is these day becoming mandatory.
Most players have seen or read in the books the frustrating negatives, something nice and at least based on player choice positive for the world or positive for Geralt would be glorious. Dark and gritty can have consequences both positives and negatives , so it will probably;y depend on how linear the questlines are.

Sounds ME3.

Don't worry, there won't be multicolored endings in TW3.

....the game only has RED endings. *drumroll*

i kinda see an ending to what OP said. where geralt and yeneffer end up marrying.

as to geralt dying. maybe the magic ciri had for reviving himeas only temporary. and soon he will die again. maybe thats why she had to take geralt and yen to another dimension.

its interesting to note that there as an excerpt in the novels thast said that shortly after marrying yennefer. he died. followed shortly by yennefer.

Ending?...Geralt will be recruited by Psycho Squad and transported back to 2077. There... "Witcher 2077" confirmed.

- Sorry I skipped to the end without reading anything. hate spoilers :)

Ending?...Geralt will be recruited by Psycho Squad and transported back to 2077. There... "Witcher 2077" confirmed.

- Sorry I skipped to the end without reading anything. hate spoilers :)

They has to do this!!!!! The feelings~ of seeing a simple witcher reference there as an Easter egg lol :""")

I don't really know what ending I want, but I sure know which one I don't want - a completely and totally happy one. If you guys ever played Heavy Rain, you would know that the game has 16 endings, depending on who lives and who dies. But there is only one that is good (when Shawn is saved, and all the rest except Shelby are alive). Other 15 are just different shades of shittines, and I kind of tired, for example, of watching several very inventive ways for Ethan to commit suicide. I simply saw all 15 extra endings as failures, and always went for the best one. I really do not want the same for TW3. There shouldn't be a single ending best from every perspective, because it will make the other ones something to avoid. Other than this - it is up to CDPR. Surprise me.

Do you think Geralt will live or die in TW3?

**READ THE SECOND LINE FIRST**
Please avoid TW2 spoilers, some people like me are still playing it (on chapter 2 at the moment).
That said;
we might have multiple endings where based on our choice he could die or not, but I don't think that'll happen considering there are no good or bad choices in The Witcher (at least on TW2), what about you? What do you think? To be honest I'm not the guy who wants that "yay! everyone lives, everyone is happy" ending, I mean, I don't want Triss or Geralt to die, but at the same time I don't want a very happy ending, is there a mid way? No bad and no happy ending?

Also an unrelated question just to avoid starting a new topic, since I'm a new TW player, will TW3 follow TW2's events, still about kingslayers or it's a completely new adventure?

EDIT: I meant Geralt on the title, sorry.

**READ THE SECOND LINE FIRST**
Also an unrelated question just to avoid starting a new topic, since I'm a new TW player, will TW3 follow TW2's events, still about kingslayers or it's a completely new adventure?
Events of TW3 will be happening several months after the events of TW2, so you will see the aftermath of TW2 events, but it will be a new adventure, not focused on kingslayers.

Without spoiling anything, once you finish The Witcher 2, you'll see what TW3 is going to be about. But yes, it's set a few months after TW2.

As for the type of ending we might get, only the writers know that.

He should die in some endings but in live in others depending on the choices.

But there should be no happy ending. At least some of the people close to Geralt should die, who should depend on your choices.

I really think Geralt will be in some other world separate from everyone through some Conjunction of Spheres event. He'll maybe be with Yennefer.

Dandelions epilogues are always shit like, No one knows what happened to Geralt after that whole shit went down nigga.

I hope Geralt will not die in order to defeat wild hunt = Mass Effect 3(no please!). That is what I hope to not to happen but it is quite possible(they like to do big plot twists thought). I hope there will be possiblity for bad end (if Witcher screws) or for neutral end(many will die but life will get to normal and with some effort will Geralt archieve his main goal) also some sacrfice end as you mentioned. There is one thing which really scares me about trilogies and sadly Witcher have sings of it too. I made this little picture.

Attachments

• witcher-trilogy.jpg
    witcher-trilogy.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 36
I'm going to take a slightly different approach to answer. Rather than just saying what I hope happens, here are a few points I think need to be answered. How they are answered, what choices we have, that's up to CDPR (who will probably be awesome, as usual).

Emhyr. /spoiler, obviously (you shouldn't be in this thread if spoilers are an issue). Geralt is absolutely intimate with secrets Emhyr does NOT want running around. Geralt knows about Emhyr's monster-guise past (Duny). Geralt was there when Pavetta wrecked half the castle to protect her lover, and very much shaped the present that day. Geralt, through the law of surprise, became Ciri's guardian. He stepped down from that responsibility, and had it shoved back into his face. Whether he likes it or not, he is now as much Ciri's father as Emhyr. Well, apart from the part where he plans on impregnating her... Which Emhyr backed down from. Emhyr fully planned to do what he rationally thought necessary, but when push came to shove, his emotions, his human nature, made him abandon his plans. Geralt knows this, and Emhyr only let him go out of love for his daughter (the very reason he didn't proceed with his original plan in the first place).

Emhyr is still a most potent player on the board. Still, precious few people know anything about this. As far as the average person is concerned, the girl he's with is the lion cub of cintra - which means that not only does no one realize the girl is a fake, but no one even realizes that Cirilla is his goddamn daughter. Everyone thinks the emperor is married to the heiress of Cintra, and no one even knows that the Emperor is technically the legitimate ruler of Cintra.

That, right there, is one subject I think should be answered. We'll probably run into Emhyr, seeing as he as a voice actor and all. I trust CDPR to make that encounter memorable. But still, he has a shit-ton of reasons to not let Geralt go.

The other major encounter I expect, but on which I won't really go on about, is Yen. There are a ton of threads here on how Yen should fit in. I won't elaborate. All I have to say, having read the books, is: if Yennefer is anything like her original self, she isn't going to go all Shani/Triss on Geralt. There won't be any "Choose me or lose me" dialogues. If I know Yen, she'll walk up to Geralt and tell him everything has been seen to. And it will have. Yen has already given Triss one fair, solid warning about Geralt in the books. Knowing Yennefer, she'd kill Triss straight up if she heard about what happened in TW1/TW2. However, Triss' behaviour during the pogrom which (should have) cost Geralt his life is, if she has the means to remember it, the one redeeming grace she should have in Yen's eyes.

Triss put her neck on the line that day. And she did so in the most uncharacteristic way possible. She was back to the wall, and she delivered. And she did so knowing full well that Geralt was not hers. And that, to me at least, should at least give her a second chance in Yen's eyes, assuming she remembers that episode at all.

So in the end: Emhyr and Yen both need to tie up some loose ends. And that should be awesome.

Top Bottom