Witcher 2 available on PS ?

+
Witcher 2 available on PS ?

With Witcher 3 coming to PS4 will you make Wtcher 1 & 2 available for download on PSN or to buy ?

The first game is PC/Mac only, the second was PC, Mac and Xbox, neither were available on PS3, and CDPR have said that they wouldn't be making the games available on PS3. So it's highly unlikely that they'll ever be available through PSN.

How about porting Wicther 1 and 2 to PS4.... as PS4 is nothing but a closed system PC.....for that matter how about porting both w1 and 2 to XBONE...
You could have one of your smaller studios step up and do it....would be good overall for WItcher 3 sales IMHO.... just a thought...come on RED!! do it!!

How about porting Wicther 1 and 2 to PS4.... as PS4 is nothing but a closed system PC.....for that matter how about porting both w1 and 2 to XBONE...
You could have one of your smaller studios step up and do it....would be good overall for WItcher 3 sales IMHO.... just a thought...come on RED!! do it!!

Yeah, I truly hope they will do it if TW3 sales are good enough.

CDPR could probably manage to release a PS4 version of TW2, but I can't see TW1 coming out on any console. They would have to redo the UI and combat system.

On the other hand most decent computers, even laptops, can run TW1 (even an Intel HD 4000 will work fine). And most people, even console gamers, have some kind of computer... Right?

Yeh W2 for ps4 and X1 is a good idea, wouldnt even take so much time I imagine cuz they wouldn't need to optimize it so drastically as with W2.

Actually, they already started to port TW1 onto Xbox 360, but ran out of money. So it was not such a bad idea. With enough money they can do it.

Actually, they already started to port TW1 onto Xbox 360, but ran out of money. So it was not such a bad idea.

I can agree it was not such a bad idea. BACK THEN. When they tried to put their foot on console territory, where they always wanted to be.

Now they are after releasing TW2 on Xbox and before releasing TW3 on PC and new-gen consoles. We already saw 2 main figures of TW2 and TW3 design team leaving because of being burned out, so I can imagine how the rest of the team would feel if they were told to port a 7 and a 3 year old games for new consoles.

The only way I'd want them to do this would be to lease it out to another developer. It would be a huge waste of their time and talent to spend it on porting old games.

Sure, with enough money, and when it is financially viable, they can either hire an independent team, or expand a bit, with new people first porting two previous games, and then joining development of new games for consoles. If TW3 is crazily successful, there will be a huge demand, you know, from a very large crowd of ps4 players. ME series got ported to ps3, so why not TW1-3 to ps4? It is sure better than (for ME fans, as good as) ME series in every respect.

GREGSKI

How would they be remaking it? a PORT is far from a remake. both the PS4 and XBONE use x86 architecture and if you read my post i said "use one of your smaller studios"... They have other studios.......They need to get those guys in the game so to speak right? and there is a need, as stated by another member once tw3 is out and if it is as good as it should be, there will be those who want to play the earlier incarnations of Geralt's adventures

Last edited:
GREGSKI

How would they be remaking it? a PORT is far from a remake. both the PS4 and XBONE use x86 architecture and if you read my post i said "use one of your smaller studios"... They have other studios.......They need to get those guys in the game so to speak right? and there is a need, as stated by another member once tw3 is out and if it is as good as it should be, there will be those who want to play the earlier incarnations of Geralt's adventures

Yes, they would probably have to remake at least TW1 for XO/PS4 as the game is running on old Aurora Engine.

The only way I'd want them to do this would be to lease it out to another developer. It would be a huge waste of their time and talent to spend it on porting old games.
They've done this once already by trying to get TW1 ported to consoles. It was a huge cluster**** that almost ended the entire studio. I highly doubt the demand for TW1 OR TW2 would be gigantic on playstation anyway. Are there some people that are super interested in TW1 and TW2 that haven't been able to get a PC or xbox? Sure there are... are there enough of them to make this proposition make money? I doubt it. People wouldn't expect to pay full price for a game that has been out for 3+ years (if not 4+ years by the time they port it).

Outsourcing development (even if it's "only" a port) is something you have to be prepared to do as a company. You need management with the particular skills needed to manage an outsourced development contract. You need the ability to deal with the problems that come up in outsourced development, and you need to understand that they will not be rare, cheap, or easy to solve. You need the capital to absorb a total loss on an unsuccessful outsourced project. If you are not prepared for these eventualities. you should not be outsourcing. CDPR already learned this -- the hard way.
@Eldanon is right in observing that the game must be worth the candle. When the games are already selling at deep discount, it's a little late to be proposing ports that won't be completed until the discounts have only gotten deeper. I think the one hope for such a venture is to sell the combined games as a "Witcher Trilogy" and hope it can command a premium price.

Last edited:
Top Bottom