Release Date of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – An Open Letter

+
2014, the year of the RPGs, and the witcher was gonna crown it, damn it :sad:

I know its better for the game, but i'm still sad, give us a new shiny trailer CDPR, these news came in such a dry moment...

Yes take your time, make this game an example to be followed by other developers and a leap towards making games the respected and profound form of art they deserve to be. Show the world that games can tell stories just as well as books and movies can. And most of all prove that even in our time, where most mediums of art are controlled by companies that care little for the actual art or their consumers, true depth, quality, heart and respect for the consumer are the real way to be successful.

PS:But please give us a few treats to help with the wait though.

CDPR are perfectionists and the nature of the game screamed more time needed.Its also a huge project with three platforms at once. :hatsoff:

But now I have nothing to look forward to for the rest of they year! :troll:

Last edited:

Ever since we started working on the third installment in The Witcher franchise, it has been our aim to produce a title that would take our 11 years of experience in creating RPGS and distill them into a quintessence, into a game that would effectively crown those years. At the same time, we have wanted The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to expand creative boundaries, set new benchmarks, develop the genre as a whole. Ultimately, you, the players, must get an unforgettable adventure to experience in a vast, open world – and that’s most important. We’ve created a story that flows naturally, cinematically, rendered it in amazing sound and visuals, while preserving full freedom of choice – all for you. We knew this to be an ambitious plan, but believed we could achieve it by bringing together our team with its creative energies and current gaming platforms with their technical capabilities. A project this vast and complex would inevitably require special care in its final stages, manual fine-tuning of many details, thorough testing time and again.

We recently reexamined what we had achieved thus far, and faced a choice about the game’s final release date. The decision we made was difficult, thoroughly considered, and ultimately clear and obvious. We could have released the game towards the end of this year as we had initially planned. Yet we concluded that a few additional months will let us achieve the quality that will satisfy us, the quality gamers expect from us. Consequently, we have set the release of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for February 2015.

Dear gamers - we know many of you would have liked to play The Witcher 3 sooner, as soon as possible, even. We’re sorry to make you wait longer than you, or we, initially assumed you would. At the same time, we believe the game will prove to be worth the wait and meet the expectations you have of us. We believe The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be an exceptional RPG, one of the best, providing many hours of wonderful entertainment.

Dear shareholders – we are aware of the responsibility that rests with us and thank you for the trust you have granted us thus far. We firmly believe that quality – more than any other factor – determines a game’s success, and that the decision we have made is thus equally valid in business terms.

The Board of CD PROJEKT SA
Don't be sorry to make us wait, we all deserve the best RPG game ever! I wish CDPR Team, Good Luck, Good Health and Good Harmony from now till the final build of The Witcher 3 is complete and ready for the world. ;) Faith***

But now I have nothing to look forward to for the rest of they year! :troll:

C'mon, Dark Souls 2 is here for consoles, and soon for PCs as well. Also DAI, though possibly a p.o.s. in comparison with TW games, still it may be entertaining enough. Have faith, man, and the Universe will eventually arrange itself to your liking. :)

C'mon, Dark Souls 2 is here for consoles, and soon for PCs as well. Also DAI, though possibly a p.o.s. in comparison with TW games, still it may be entertaining enough. Have faith, man, and the Universe will eventually arrange itself to your liking. :)

oh of course! I got Darksouls2 :) But the rest of the year seems so bare for me :/ TW3 is the only game that I was looking forth to around fall.

It seems like I must try to delay playing darksouls 2 for sometime :/

Bummer, this was the only game I was really looking forward to this year, although I'm sure Dark Souls 2 and Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes will be fun. On the bright side this gives me a bigger window to build my new rig. I've been planning it since December but I'm low of income and it takes me a looooong time to save for anything expensive.

Noooooo... In the IGN interview you were so serious about 2014 and now this? Well, take your time and make the best game we ever played, but please bring us something, screenshot or a short gameplay video to compensate such sad news. I am really curious now about the whole: "Game is nearly finished, just bug fixing, graphics enhancements and optimisation to do" thing is true...

Take your time guys, we'll wait. Quality is the most important thing, and I'm confident that you won't let us down.

Noooooo... In the IGN interview you were so serious about 2014 and now this? Well, take your time and make the best game we ever played, but please bring us something, screenshot or a short gameplay video to compensate such sad news. I am really curious now about the whole: "Game is nearly finished, just bug fixing, graphics enhancements and optimisation to do" thing is true...
Well, technically if the game was about to come say November/December, they only delayed it mere months. It just feels longer because "February 2015"

Such a shame, but on the bright side: I'll play Dreamfall Chapters during the time TW3 would have released. So it's alright. Take some time, most of us will be around in 2015. I hope no one passes away in that delay time. =(

Does this have anything to do with those two developers (one of them being the lead gameplay developer) leaving a few weeks ago to make their own company ??

If so, those guys are on my hit list (lol j/k but seriously wtf.)

This just makes me have more confidence in the game, I actually like this change. More effort= better product, but remember, the more you cut a diamond, the more of it you lose. Sometimes the initial idea is better, and gets worse the more you mess around with it, just keep that in mind.

Ah, my old brother - the pain of betrayal.

Too bad the "sure" 2014 release is not happening.

Well, at least new GPUs will be out when the game comes out.

Well, technically if the game was about to come say November/December, they only delayed it mere months. It just feels longer because "February 2015"

That and it makes you realise that it means almost a full year until release (besides the first 11 days of March that is).

Top Bottom