Cyberpunk Roles - Which One Will You Be

+

Cyberpunk Roles - Which One Will You Be

• Total voters
I don't think any of that has been confirmed yet. I hope no item will be bound to a specific class.

I meant in respect to CP 2020. I guess I should have been more specific.
I just assumed rules applying to weapons would carry over to 2077. I guess your position is a better one though. We won't truly know until CDPR confirms it.

I meant in respect to CP 2020. I guess I should have been more specific.
I just assumed rules applying to weapons would carry over to 2077. I guess your position is a better one though. We won't truly know until CDPR confirms it.
Ah, gotcha. I'm not sure about that. Haven't gotten around to playing CP 2020 yet.

Obvious? Can you tell me what, exactly, is obvious in your statement?

Pedantry aside, I think he was saying that it is obvious that despite what peoples' first class choices are, they will try to play as all of them.

Ahhh....that, eventually, we'll play all the classes if they are any good. Making the poll and people's preferences a lot less relevant. As opposed to people who are voting maybe playing one class and therefore CDPR should focus on making the most popular classes the most rewarding. Or even throw out the little-interest classes.

Seemed pretty obvious to me.

I am not so certain that people will try to play as all classes (and that's half a reason why I disagreed with vincentdante). Unless all classes are truly unique experience - and not just a bit different - I will most likely play two or three classes. Top. And I suspect most of the people will do the same. The reason is because I either not enjoy certain playstyles or I find game not as... elastic as we are usually lead to belive.

If changes are the small - irrelevant - details or if we're talking about branching (like in TWs), then more than three playthroughs will be enough as experience becomes repetitive at certain point. We're talking about CDPR, so I am afraid of the latter (unless we get much more choices, both class related and not). It also matters how important will be the role of our class in the game and in the plot.

Last edited:
Oh, I'd be surprised if we didn't play all the classes at least a little. We're all pretty hardcore here, pretty enthusiastic.

Are you saying you wouldn't try Nomad or Rockerboy for an hour of play or so, just to see?

That's what I'm saying - I'm sure that very few of us will do a complete playthrough with each class. Me, Redge, Wisdom...Chris maybe...mostly the Referees and whoever here is a completionist.

But just to play each class once to see what it's like, yeah. Bet on that happening.

First playthrough is important, and often definitive, but each class will be compared with the others in terms of gameplay style, intro, gear, etc. Solo being the most popular and most likely first playthrough may not be as definitive as the poll makes it look.

Ahhh....that, eventually, we'll play all the classes if they are any good. Making the poll and people's preferences a lot less relevant. As opposed to people who are voting maybe playing one class and therefore CDPR should focus on making the most popular classes the most rewarding. Or even throw out the little-interest classes.

Seemed pretty obvious to me.

This. Not sure what I've done to you to deserve these questions.

Are each of the roles locked to use certain weapon types, or can each role use different weapons?

Anyone can use any weapon they care to carry, how well they use it is another story.
But that's mostly due to the skills the various classes tend to specialize in. There's no reason a Netrunner couldn't be a weapons expert, at the cost of their skills with computers.

For my part I almost never play a "fighter"/"tank" role in any game. I prefer a somewhat subtle approach over brute force.

Last edited:
Are you saying you wouldn't try Nomad or Rockerboy for an hour of play or so, just to see?
It will depend on how unique my previous playstyles - and impact on story - will feel. I liked Alpha Protocol, because it did allow me to make various choices and in fact my two ending were different from one another. However, I stopped halfway on my third attempt, because I was still doing the same missions and the core gameplay remained the same, despite different outcomes. If gameplay will feel the same in CP77 then probably yes, I won't even touch some classes, because they'll be redundant regardless. It comes down to how fed up you are.

This. Not sure what I've done to you to deserve these questions.
We are on discussion forum, are we not?

Yeah as much as I loved DA:O three play-thru's was enough for me.
#1 - City elf rogue - learning the game
#2 - City elf rogue - now that I had a clue what skills were worthwhile and where what items could be obtained.
#3 - Human noble Mage - just to see how different it was from a human and mage perspective.

Since they're fairly short I have however played all the origins story lines, and think a castless dwarf might be interesting to try someday.

Some people can enjoy doing the same thing over-and-over trying to improve their last score, others have a limited tolerance for repetition. Probably one reason I find Mario and most shooters boring, they're pretty repetitive when you come down to it, and many with little to no plot line to at least give the illusion of a reason for killing yet more stuff.

Last edited:
We are on discussion forum, are we not?

Fine I'm sorry I kicked your dog, there stop being so passive aggressive over it. Bloody hell I was just saying that most of us on these forums will end up trying most if not all of the classes eventually :p Probably not full playthroughs unless there is incentive though.

Last edited:
Yeah as much as I loved DA:O three play-thru's was enough for me.
#1 - City elf rogue - learning the game
#2 - City elf rogue - now that I had a clue what skills were worthwhile and where what items could be obtained.
#3 - City elf rogue - just to see how different it was from a city and elf and rogue perspective.

Fixed that for you.

Fine I'm sorry I kicked your dog, there stop being so passive aggressive over it. Bloody hell I was just saying that most of us on these forums will end up trying most if not all of the classes eventually
I am not passive-aggressive. I've only disagreed with you and presented my point of view (that you're wrong about [all] people playing all the classes thus making their initial choices irrelevant in the end). That's how discussions are born. By people exchanging their points of view. I found yours incorrect, so I pointed this out to keep us within what I think is closer to reality. If I am wrong then do me a favor and point that out for me too. It's nothing personal. It's how I [try to] operate.

Fair enough and I'm not against discussing it certainly. I guess I was just taken by surprise is all, didn't really understand that you wanted to discuss my comment and thought it was a kind of defensive rebuttal. It's hard to tell on the internet since it's full of that, so my apologies for misunderstanding.

Yeah it's probably true that the majority of people may play it once maybe twice at best before dropping the game for the next thing. However I assume the people on these forums are die hards for the PnP, genre or even CDPR themselves and it is likely plenty of people here now will play for at least an hour with each class to find out for themselves. I remember doing something similar with Dragon Age: Origins which is where that came from. I will probably have a few full playthroughs with certain classes like the Solo and Fixer, I think the Medtech will be difficult to do unless there is a multiplayer option. I could actually go on with my thoughts on classes but I think they have already been voiced

Probably one reason I find Mario and most shooters boring, they're pretty repetitive when you come down to it, and many with little to no plot line to at least give the illusion of a reason for killing yet more stuff.

I can only recommend Paper Mario 2: The Legend of the Aeon Door (or as it was called in the US "The Thousand Year Door").

A true Mario RPG , and one of the BEST games I have ever played. I'm saying that without any hesitation. Turnbased Combat, 8 comrades, Special Abilities, Secret Areas, a 40-50 hour storyline, side quests.... You name it. Also, a fantastic humor in that game. Hilarious.

Only problem is, it was a GameCube Exclusive. So... Yeah. It's been a while.

I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

Yeah it's probably true that the majority of people may play it once maybe twice at best before dropping the game for the next thing.

These people will be found. AND BURNED.

HERESY.

Netrunner for sure. Are these confirmed play styles or thing we're hoping is in the game?

These are play styles from the roleplaying game Cyberpunk 2020 that Cyberpunk 2077 is the digital sequel?Version?Vision?Progeny?Realization?Successor to?

All the above.

Nothing in the game, other than it will be an RPG based on Cyberpunk 2020, is confirmed-confirmed at this point. Our Polish Masters are being quite disciplined about staying on-message. Which is no-message.

Top Bottom