Questions about physical copy?

+
Questions about physical copy?

I'm going to assume that the Witcher 3 will take anywhere from 35 to 50 gigs of download seeing that GTA V took 65 gigs. I am very tempted at the pre-order bonus on GOG but I am also worry that downloading too much gigs can limited my download bandwidth. A retail copy would insure that I don't have to worry about my bandwidth. However I do have some concern and question about the retail copy of the Witcher 3.

Questions!

1. Does the game disc include the full download and not like some modern games now that make the game disc act as a key. Basically will I be able to install from disc?

2. If I buy a retail copy, would I still have a copy on GOG? If I do get a copy on GOG, would I be able to still get the pre-order bonus of Neverwinter Night Diamond Edition? I'm asking cause the retail copy pre-order cost more than GOG price, a lot more since I have the 20% discount for the Witcher 3 having own both Witcher 1 and 2.

3. Is anyone else thinking of buying the physical copy to save bandwidth and time? I know that even with DAI, it took about 35 minute to install all 4 game disc and then another 15 minute to update all the patches. I would assume the witcher 3 will have at least 6 game disc.

Hello! I'll answers your questions to the best of my ability.

1. You will be able to install the game from the disk, but pre-order copies do need to download a small file when the game unlocks on the 19th.

2. You do get a GOG copy with retail. You do have access to bonus goodies and all future patches, but I'm not sure you will still get Neverwinter Nights, since it's not directly related to Witcher 3. Will ask around and come back to this later.

3. Buying a physical copy does indeed save you bandwidth, and rumor has it the game comes on 6 disks (needs confirmation). There is a day one patch planned and there's the file I mentioned earlier, so you might want to keep those in mind if you have a data cap.

1. Does the game disc include the full download and not like some modern games now that make the game disc act as a key. Basically will I be able to install from disc?

Yes.

2. If I buy a retail copy, would I still have a copy on GOG? If I do get a copy on GOG, would I be able to still get the pre-order bonus of Neverwinter Night Diamond Edition? I'm asking cause the retail copy pre-order cost more than GOG price, a lot more since I have the 20% discount for the Witcher 3 having own both Witcher 1 and 2.

You can use the serial number of the retail copy to redeem a back up copy on GOG. I... am under the impression you can get all the digital copies of goodies with your GOG version, but I can't confirm if that also includes the NWN codes.

3. Is anyone else thinking of buying the physical copy to save bandwidth and time? I know that even with DAI, it took about 35 minute to install all 4 game disc and then another 15 minute to update all the patches. I would assume the witcher 3 will have at least 6 game disc.

I ordered the CE for other reasons. I will have the digital copy as well. I will use whichever comes first -- I can't tell because both internet and shipping is awful here.

Top Bottom