Exp bug makes game impossible to play --> cdprojekt please reply

+
Count me in in this issue too. I thought I wasn't having any problem (I even noticed how several times since the patch was released I got exp when I finished a quest) but now I tried it with a quest I thought wouldn't be very long (A Feast Of Crows) and... Yeah, all the experience I got was for killing three enemies, not for fulfilling the mission...

Sure, as I said, I'm TOTALLY sure I got exp in other quests, yet in this one I didn't (and it wasn't because I outlevel it, it's a level 20 mission and I'm level 22), so I can't help wondering if this happened in other missions. Could I be level 23, 24 as of now if not for this? Damn, this is going to be hard. I'm loving the game and I'm spending most of my free time on it, but I don't want to play for ""no reward"".

Count me in in this issue too. I thought I wasn't having any problem (I even noticed how several times since the patch was released I got exp when I finished a quest) but now I tried it with a quest I thought wouldn't be very long (A Feast Of Crows) and... Yeah, all the experience I got was for killing three enemies, not for fulfilling the mission...

Sure, as I said, I'm TOTALLY sure I got exp in other quests, yet in this one I didn't (and it wasn't because I outlevel it, it's a level 20 mission and I'm level 22), so I can't help wondering if this happened in other missions. Could I be level 23, 24 as of now if not for this? Damn, this is going to be hard. I'm loving the game and I'm spending most of my free time on it, but I don't want to play for ""no reward"".

This is bothering me too. By all accounts, it's really easy to get over-leveled in this game, and I'm pretty sure I spent only one evening playing with this bug - and even then, I got some XP for "?" stuff and enemies - so I don't think it's likely this will hurt me. Not with a level cap of 70, and (IIRC) not needing to be anywhere that high to finish the main quest.

Still, it drives me up the wall that I don't really know how far behind I am. Not very far, I don't think - I'm level 14, just finished Novigrad Dreaming, my journal lists about 60 finished quests (though a good number of those are minor sub-quests of the main plot, not really substantial stuff), but I still have about 30-35 quests, contracts and scavenger hunts unfinished, about 3-4 *dozen* "?" unexplored in Velen/Novigrad, and at least a couple of notice boards I haven't even looked at. I did very few quests that were higher than my character level, and I haven't even looked at Skellige yet.

Hell, I'm currently running around with 11 unspent ability points (thanks, places of power) and I don't feel underpowered.

Still, it would be great to have some idea...

Last edited:
I'm also experiencing this issue. I guess I won't be doing the quests/contracts until CDPR fixes the issue, certainly hope those question mark events aren't affected...

Such a great game ridden with bugs and technical problems, I guess this is the kind of environment we have to adapt to nowadays. What a shame...

I can't even begin to describe how heartbroken this bug makes me. Spent two days on the road for work... two pretty bad days actually filled with another stupid bug in what I was working on. Came home wanting to relax with a beer and the Witcher and I complete a quest and bam... no exp. Now I can't relax and play and have to wait.

Really hope they can somehow get a patch out there in a day or two. There's no way I can wait longer. I don't even think I can wait a day. This really sours such a great experience so far.

To clarify, I just finished Get Junior and Reuvan's Treasure at level 15 and got nothing.

Last edited:
Is this bug specifically patch 1.03 related? I'm in Asia and I havent received the update yet. However, when i was playing for 2 hours last night, i noticed that I was sitting at the same level despite completing many quests. So i did a quest this morning that is still green (I'm currently level 16) and i think the quest was level 12. Upon completing the quest, I just received money for completing it and no exp.

Is this bug specifically patch 1.03 related? I'm in Asia and I havent received the update yet. However, when i was playing for 2 hours last night, i noticed that I was sitting at the same level despite completing many quests. So i did a quest this morning that is still green (I'm currently level 16) and i think the quest was level 12. Upon completing the quest, I just received money for completing it and no exp.
1.04 is the latest patch. I haven't experienced the bug prior to that.

Suffering from this as well. I really hope a retroactive fix is possible. It is not fun that an entire days of playing and you gain nothing because quests, side quests, contracts are not giving me anything.

EDIT: will also add this bug is present on all the platforms

Last edited:
11h of not playing this is really starting to take it's toll. I really wish we get this patch soon. :) I still don't want it to be rushed though bringing even more bugs on the table. Been playing 10h~/day until I read about this and noticed how I haven't got a level from past 10 hours and wasn't even doing anything too low level. Felt like I was doing work with no pay. Immersion is great, you actually feel being a monster hunter and also you feel when you are not getting rewarded for your job.

My next step in game would be travelling to Skellige. Level 16 now. Playing on PC though but didn't notice a thread for this there with dev replies.

Last edited:
Hi,

sadly I have this bug too. But I had it before the last patch. So it's not necessary based on the last patch. I recognized it a bit late :( after I finished a few main quests. I guess I lost at least about 4000 xp. It would be great if there is a possibility to get this points back. :)

The strange thing is, that it's kind of random. Sometimes I get points sometimes not. Even if the quests are on the same level :O (around 3 level , green)
The problem occurred I think only at side quests and main quests. As far as I recognized not on monster quests.

Last edited:
Hi,

sadly I have this bug too. But I had it before the last patch. So it's not necessary based on the last patch. I recognized it a bit late :( after I finished a few main quests. I guess I lost at least about 4000 xp. It would be great if there is a possibility to get this points back. :)

The strange thing is, that it's kind of random. Sometimes I get points sometimes not. Even if the quests are on the same level :O (around 3 level , green)
The problem occurred I think only at side quests and main quests. As far as I recognized not on monster quests.
Yes! Same here, Im in Asia territory so I havent received patch yet. However, I noticed this bug yesterday too! Hopefully this will be resolved soon. Good thing I work most of the day so I'm preoccupied! Best of luck!

Yes! Same here, Im in Asia territory so I havent received patch yet. However, I noticed this bug yesterday too! Hopefully this will be resolved soon. Good thing I work most of the day so I'm preoccupied! Best of luck!

Bug hasn't to do anything with patch 1.03. i have the bug on xbox one too since the release.

The strange thing is, that it's kind of random. Sometimes I get points sometimes not.

Somebody cleared it up in another thread. You still get XP for quests, contracts etc. accepted before patch 1.04. For quests accepted after patch 1.04 you get nothing. I just tested it and it checks out. For a contract accepted way back I got full XP. Then I accepted a brand new contract, finished it and no XP whatsoever, just coins.

Problem is I've run out of doable contracts accepted earlier and now there's nothing to do for me. I suppose I can keep playing and after each completed quest I can roughly estimate how much XP I should've got and level up through a cheat console. Problem is the fix might be coming, what, Tuesday, Wednesday, by which point I could be 10 levels higher. And if the next patch awards us the lost XP retroactively it would mean another 10 levels in one stroke which would make me brutally overleveled for the rest of the game.

Another solution might be reinstall the game and then apply only the patch 1.03. But I don't suppose my 1.04 saves would be working then.

Sigh.

And CDP went silent beside the very generic "we know and we are working on it" 2 days ago. No ETA, no info whether we will be able to get our missing XP back, not even an update like "we won't be able to make it before weekend".
I guess that this is another step of CDP fall in line with EA and other crappy publishers, because this is a truly game breaking issue and I would expect to get at least a post daily letting us know how far is the patch, but we are kept in the dark.

Buddy, i appreciate your effort trying to clear things out for all of us, but before doing so, consider something:
Patch 1.04 is for PC, this particular one, is a PS4 thread
I've had this exp problem snce i bought the game and installed the day one patch, i was level 17 when it first accured to me, way before the 1.03 (PS4) patch release
I do not get xp for any type of quests, im level 23, completed a level 28 contract and received no exp.
This is a bug, glitch, error, mistake...must be treated accordingly or should never be fixed.
Its a shame we had to go through this but it happens so lets gve it time and see what Devs will come up with to make it up to us.
Cheers

News has also reached Gamespot:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/psa-witcher-3-has-an-xp-bug-but-that-might-not-be-/1100-6427663/

So it seems more and more people and gaming sites is catching up on this issue. This thread is a lot more alive than it was in the beginning for sure.
because everyone who picked up new quests after 1.4 is affected by it. It's just that most didn't notice it, and CDP sure keeps it under the hat, despite it potentially making the game unplayable due to lost exp (i am easily 4 levels behind because of it). Just shameful.

because everyone who picked up new quests after 1.4 is affected by it. It's just that most didn't notice it, and CDP sure keeps it under the hat, despite it potentially making the game unplayable due to lost exp (i am easily 4 levels behind because of it). Just shameful.

I had this issue on 1.02 on PS4. It's starting to piss me off this getting picked up by games websites now. People commenting saying "well I haven't been having this problem" Good for you, that doesn't help the rest of us who can't play the game.

Top Bottom