Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot can happen in six months. Triss could have heard about the trouble the mages were in and decided that she had to help them there, Geralt could have bumped into Vesemir on the road or simply asked him to come after Triss left. Triss was also very insecure in TW3 so perhaps she realized that she just wasn't ready to witness Geralt reunite with Yen. Maybe I'm in the minority but I think the break up makes sense. Especially when you have Geralt dreaming of Yen.
That's why our thread is here.We want to beautiful explain what is happened.You can read the post of Trireme on page 180.His version of dialogue between Triss and Geralt(as i think) is very close to real.

The Rose's idea makes sense more than anything on the list, I find it funny that people are bothered about it now, I mean... It was included as #1 with a screenshot on shaedhen previous thread. http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...and-the-inconsistency-of-our-romance-s-choice

Not to keep beating a dead horse, but the main reason that I find the suggestion to fix the Rose of Remembrance a bit - what's the right word .... counter-productive? - is because it does nothing to address the massive inconsistencies in Triss' character arc. It's merely a token gesture to assure fans that Geralt's relationship is in full bloom (sorry for the bad pun). Would it take many resources to implement? No. But it also doesn't add any nuance or complexity to her character within the game. I'm inclined to agree with @Scholdarr.452 that the problems with Triss' portrayal within the game are not confined solely to her romance. She has practically no relationship with Ciri, doesn't speak to Yennefer even once within the game, doesn't have any interactions with the other members of the Lodge of Sorceresses, and is largely marginalized within the overall narrative. The fact that the Rose of Remembrance was the #1 suggestion on the "Triss Inconsistencies" thread is galling to say the least. If CDPR was willing to fix only one component of Triss' story, I certainly wouldn't choose that.

Guys I haven't been keeping up with this thread properly for the last week or so I have probably missed a lot of context, but ------->

Everytime I check though there seems to be a lot of TeamTriss vs TeamYen mentality and I am even getting PMs about it.

I know noone is doing that right now but I just want to say in case it happens in the future:

IT IS NOT A COMPETITION ----------- All I (and I hope others) wanted was to fix the inconsistencies with Triss so that our choice matters. I never wanted to undermine or replace Yen at any point in the game.

CDPR have seen our complaints and are working on them - they saw our old list of suggestions and to be honest the new one is almost exactly the same, we just keep saying the same things over and over.

If the so called TeamYen are making complaints of their own and asking for changes, then that is up to them and nothing to do with us. - It is up to CDPR if they want to make Yen tweaks aswell. I wouldn't care, I like Yen too.
You guys shouldn't care either, all that will happen is the game will be improved for everyone.

It is not a competition so lets not make it into one - even if the other thread try to, just say "Ok good for you, now tell CDPR not us."

Sorry if this rant seems unecessary but from the few times I have checked over the last week, I felt I had to say something.

Also I don't have any problem with Geralt and Triss breaking up before W3 - It makes them getting back together even better.
There are also many more important Triss things that need fixing before that so imo its pointless to keep talking about it.

Ok Rant over :comeatmebro:

Last edited:
Of course he doesn't. Just like he doesn't break up with Shani in TW1 if you choose her, but wakes up in Triss' bed in TW2 anyway.

TW2 then tells you in the glossary that the relationship with Shani did not work and Geralt found solace with Triss.

TW3 does the same thing - retcons your "choice" in between the games.

TW3 pretty much spells out that Geralt broke things of with Triss after Loc Muinne. It's not the fault of the developer that you refuse to accept the most obvious interpretation.

The Witcher games have always been making choices for you. In fact, they make the choices for you 95% of the time. And sometimes your choices just don't matter and it is always well explained.

In no way am I picking on you or trying to cause an argument but their is a flaw in what you have said if I'm not mistaken..

In TW1 you may have picked Shani and somehow between the games you magically wound up with Triss at the start of TW2 right. As you stated, in the glossary the reason behind what happens was explained. Correct me if I'm wrong .. But if you chose Triss in TW2 and at the start of TW3 your not with Triss BUT does it state anywhere the reason or what happened between TW2 or TW3?

It's not hard to read between the lines and figure out the reason they broke up but as it has been stated before, why go through all that trouble for Triss and not have a decision reflecting your choices around her in TW3 or... at least something in the glossary to give a good explanation as to what happened between the games.

Morning everyone....such happy gifs lol

anyway reading through the posts, i honestly think a lot of people here will be quite happy with the changes, i mean it is rare for a developer to even do something like this, and it won't hurt to have those suggestions up and if the devs like any of them then can try to implement them (their choice). For all we know, they may include stuff that isn't on the list or some may be saved for an expansion...either way i look forward to it all.

The list is on the OP page 1 under 3rd spoiler. There will be no request for replacing Yen with Triss in any of the special step "motherly" scenes she has with ciri. NOT HAPPENING. A reasonable list that does not seek to replace Yen in any way is on the OP and the plan is to leave that list as is.

Please look at it and don't repost a list that is going to cause a war in here again. We hash this out yesterday.

Thanks.

The list under the OP missed something very important, the kiss that happens after brining back Ciri we understood, yeah, but the embrace after the battle doesn't make any sense whatsoever, I don't see what all the fuss is about, people have every right to share their views and that embrace is considered as an inconsistency, you may want to reconsider adding that to your list.

In no way am I picking on you or trying to cause an argument but their is a flaw in what you have said if I'm not mistaken..

In TW1 you may have picked Shani and somehow between the games you magically wound up with Triss at the start of TW2 right. As you stated, in the glossary the reason behind what happens was explained. Correct me if I'm wrong .. But if you chose Triss in TW2 and at the start of TW3 your not with Triss BUT does it state anywhere the reason or what happened between TW2 or TW3?

It's not hard to read between the lines and figure out the reason they broke up but as it has been stated before, why go through all that trouble for Triss and not have a decision reflecting your choices around her in TW3 or... at least something in the glossary to give a good explanation as to what happened between the games.

A Glossary entry or a letter would make sense and be a very quick easy fix --------- Just something about the two agreeing to separate while to give Geralt time to decide.

I wouldn't ask for anything more on the matter though.

A lot can happen in six months. Triss could have heard about the trouble the mages were in and decided that she had to help them there, Geralt could have bumped into Vesemir on the road or simply asked him to come after Triss left. Triss was also very insecure in TW3 so perhaps she realized that she just wasn't ready to witness Geralt reunite with Yen. Maybe I'm in the minority but I think the break up makes sense. Especially when you have Geralt dreaming of Yen.

It make sense, In the end Geralt is given the choice to pick Triss or Yen. I really doubt Triss wants to see Geralt with Yen together after developing feeling for him and having him to herself for a short while. She has alway loved him from the side line and when she had hin and lost him i thin it was too much. Went they seperated Triss probably thought she's lost him for good and Geralt left without having a clear idea what he's going to do once he find Yen.

In the Game the player is free to decide after your first meeting with Yen about who you are going to pursue. The problem is if you pick Triss, she is pretty much ignore for the better half of the game. She does however, have excellent content, that is very romantic. She has IMO the best romantic scenes in the game. After that tho she is literally like a card board cutout after Kaer Morhen.

Never hash out details about Kovir plans or any plan for that matter. No one acknowledge Geralt choice to be with Triss and on and on, read the list in OP. Well you played the game so you know the rest.

A Glossary entry or a letter would make sense and be a very quick easy fix --------- Just something about the two agreeing to separate while to give Geralt time to decide.

Yeah! Your exactly right. That is all I was/am expecting.

Like i said, its easy to read between the lines and figure o

The list under the OP missed something very important, the kiss that happens after brining back Ciri we understood, yeah, but the embrace after the battle doesn't make any sense whatsoever, I don't see what all the fuss is about, people have every right to share their views and that embrace is considered as an inconsistency, you may want to reconsider adding that to your list.

I really don't see the embrace as an issue at all.

Is it really so strange? ---- Geralt said it himelf --- even if they are no longer together, they still care about each other - a lot.

So Geralts really not supposed to be with triss in witcher 3? Like have the house with her and things in the end? The developers wanted you to stay with Yennefer cause i guess thats how the story goes?

Well, that's obviously up the interpretation, but if you are asking for my personal option then - absolutely (time to get crucified, but so what, this is all things Triss thread).

I pretty much think Triss' romance in TW3 is hamfisted into the game just for the sake of it being in there and it really makes no sense.. When you realize that at the end of TW2:

1) Geralt remembers everything about Yennefer and Ciri, including the stuff with Lodge (and with whom Triss sided there)
2) Geralt fully realizes Triss has him guided into a relationship with her through lies and directly taking the advantage of the knowledge she possessed about his and Yennefer's relationship
3) Geralt realizes that Triss does not tell him anything about Yennefer for that very purpose AND would've continued doing so if he didn't have his Rivia flashback while talking to Roche in the prison

I mean let's step out of the game/story frame for a moment. I am not even talking in the context of "Who is canon and who is not". Would you go back to that kind of woman just because you had a 3-5 months long flick with her under false pretenses? Yeah, she also does some good stuff and evolves a bit, but the points raised stand extremly tall on my DANGER, DO NOT TOUCH sign. Would you trust her after that? I certainly would not and I see no reason why Geralt, him especially, would as his memories of Yennefer are more powerful than anything I can just make up in my mind right now.

Now I really need to sleep. Good night, sers and ladies.

Last edited:

Morning everyone....such happy gifs lol

anyway reading through the posts, i honestly think a lot of people here will be quite happy with the changes, i mean it is rare for a developer to even do something like this, and it won't hurt to have those suggestions up and if the devs like any of them then can try to implement them (their choice). For all we know, they may include stuff that isn't on the list or some may be saved for an expansion...either way i look forward to it all.

I agree ---- I think people have started to take for granted what CDPR are doing for the fans.

They could have simply ignored us like most other gaming companies would have, but they did the complete opposite and agreed to fix things.

and yet half the time all I see on here are complaints.

I think a lot of people need to calm down and be grateful for what has already been achieved and just be patient.

I agree with you but we have to also understand that everyone is happy that the hunt is defeated including Yen the embrace is no big deal. It's a hug, the kiss however, is another story. Kissing Geralt in front of Triss after tossing a bed out the window and acting like nothing happened or like he didn't just breakup with you is pretty weird if you ask me.

I don't know a women who would be happy with another women kissing her man in front of her. Especially his ex. I personally believe stuff like can cause you to be dead right there (DRT). Other may have a different opinion, ladies in here please share your thoughts on this.

Well, that's obviously up the interpretation, but if you are asking for my personal option then - absolutely (time to get crucified, but so what, this is all things Triss thread).

I pretty much think Triss' romance in TW3 is hamfisted into the game just for the sake of it being in there and it really makes no sense.. When you realize that at the end of TW2:

1) Geralt remembers everything about Yennefer and Ciri, including the stuff with Lodge (and with whom Triss sided there)
2) Geralt fully realizes Triss has him guided into a relationship with her through lies and directly taking the advantage of the knowledge she possessed about his and Yennefer's relationship
3) Geralt realizes that Triss does not tell him anything about Yennefer for that very purpose AND would've continued doing so if he didn't have his Rivia flashback while talking to Roche in the prison

I mean let's step out of the game/story frame for a moment. I am not even talking in the context of "Who is canon and who is not". Would you go back to that kind of woman just because you had a 3-5 months long flick with her under false pretenses? Yeah, she also does some good stuff and evolves a bit, but the points raised stand extremly tall on my DANGER, DO NOT TOUCH sign. Would you trust her after that? I certainly would not and I see no reason why Geralt, him especially, would as his memories of Yennefer are more powerful than anything I can just make up in my mind right now.

Beatiful,Well,well, so let's cut it out Triss at all from the game,it doesn't make any sense.Omg,just another guy-missioner.I'm even amazed at how beautiful and clearly-he came,he said,he left.

Yeah! Your exactly right. That is all I was/am expecting.

Like i said, its easy to read between the lines and figure out what happened but why should that be left to our imagination when its such a simple thing to implement.

I would of much preferred that when we got to make those decisions at the start of the game one of the choices we got was to continue our relationship with Triss but it would have a warning in brackets or something so that new players could either choose to be placed straight in a relationship with Triss if they chose that option or the game would play out as it normally does... I think that would of appeased everyone but you can't have everything though ! Haha

Pretty sure in W1 - Geralt asked Triss not to talk to him about it until he was ready. - Which wasn't until W2 when Triss told him everything as soon as he asked.

She then tried to return his memory to him despite knowing what it could mean -------- until she was kidnapped.

Also Triss is still the better alt imo because she is loyal - Yen has proven she is no stranger to cheating on Geralt and playing with his feelings.

---------- Updated at 01:20 AM ----------

I agree with you but we have to also understand that everyone is happy that the hunt is defeated including Yen the embrace is no big deal. It's a hug, the kiss however, is another story. Kissing Geralt in front of Triss after tossing a bed out the window and acting like nothing happened or like he didn't just breakup with you is pretty weird if you ask me.

I don't know a women who would be happy with another women kissing her man in front of her. Especially his ex. I personally believe stuff like can cause you to be dead right there (DRT). Other may have a different opinion, ladies in here please share your thoughts on this.

Am I the only one who found both the kiss and embrace perfectly fine.

Both are at emotional times - Yen has just been reunited with the person she loves most, who was saved by the person she loves 2nd most. They haven't seen each other for years. She got all caught up in the moment and kissed him.

Its really not that hard to understand imo.

But thats just me - feel free to disagree, I just think its no big deal.

I think this question belongs to the other thread))

Hey man i picked triss in my first play through i do like redheads and dark haired women but this play through i went with triss lol BOTH IS NOT AN OPTION hahaha. But me myself i like both of them. redheads just won me over that play through especially with that alternative look. i know this is a all triss thread but its my first witcher just trying to get my head wrapped around it, and learn new things about it. Back to were i both of them, Triss wasn't treated as equally as yen in the story were I believe dev is supposed to fix something about that? Thats what ive heard

Hey man i picked triss in my first play through i do like redheads and dark haired women but this play through i went with triss lol BOTH IS NOT AN OPTION hahaha. But me myself i like both of them. redheads just won me over that play through especially with that alternative look. i know this is a all triss thread but its my first witcher just trying to get my head wrapped around it, and learn new things about it. Back to were i both of them, Triss wasn't treated as equally as yen in the story were I believe dev is supposed to fix something about that? Thats what ive heard[/QUOTE

They weren't equal but that wasn't even the main issue.

The main issue was that the game still treats you as if you chose Yen.

i can't be bothered to list all of the inconsistencies im off to bed but Im sure someone here will tell you.

Or you can read the old thread which started it all.

Link is in the OP I think.

Hey man i picked triss in my first play through i do like redheads and dark haired women but this play through i went with triss lol BOTH IS NOT AN OPTION hahaha. But me myself i like both of them. redheads just won me over that play through especially with that alternative look. i know this is a all triss thread but its my first witcher just trying to get my head wrapped around it, and learn new things about it. Back to were i both of them, Triss wasn't treated as equally as yen in the story were I believe dev is supposed to fix something about that? Thats what ive heard
Wow,easier please)What do you want from me then?)))Devs told us that they will change/add some dialogues and fixes)))It's all that i have)But your question really belongs to other thread)sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom