Witcher Franchise Speculation

+

Witcher Franchise Speculation

• I would like Witcher 4 with Geralt in a story after the Witcher 3 events. Warning! Unlikely!

Votes: 94 23.9%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with Ciri and a story that takes place after Witcher 3 events.

Votes: 107 27.2%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with a new PREDEFINED protagonist (not Geralt or Ciri).

Votes: 92 23.4%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with a PLAYER CREATED CHARACTER (skyrim, dragon age).

Votes: 71 18.1%
  • I would like a Witcher Prequel Series with a much younger Geralt.

Votes: 102 26.0%
  • I would like Witcher 1 remade and expanded upon in the new engine (and maybe W2 as well).

Votes: 103 26.2%
  • The new game(s) should build on the existing universe. Kingdoms and characters are largely the same.

Votes: 77 19.6%
  • The new game(s) should be a "a fresh start". New exciting lands, characters, companions, lore etc.

Votes: 45 11.5%
  • I would like more than 2 expansions for W3, maybe 4-5 to expand on Ciri, Triss, Saskia, Iorveth etc.

Votes: 179 45.5%
  • Once Witcher 3 is done I don't want more Witcher games. CDPR should do other things.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
Or maybe they should just create a new IP and a new world with new characters if they don't want to tell stories about the witcher anymore...

LOL, I wouldn't want to see the franchise come to an end. I, as a writer, sees many possibilities the world itself. You can craft more characters and stories without erasing other characters or their history. Maybe they can end the franchise when the humans can deal with the monsters, but magic will always still be there, so yeah, curses can't be lifted properly without professionals.

Eh, honestly, I would be more excited about a new IP from CDPR, or even another adaptation, the trilogy of The Witcher made classics and ended (in my opinion) in a massive fireworks, and while I love the universe to death, I don't think milking it is the way to go, let's be honest, we had Geralt, wouldn't creating a new Witcher protagonist feel like a lesser Geralt? I see no problem ending a series on a high note.

On the other side, if there was a Witcher "4", I would have seen Ciri as the protagonist, the way she can travel to different worlds would have an incredible potential, that said, I don't think it could happen because of The Witcher 3.

Or maybe they should just create a new IP and a new world with new characters if they don't want to tell stories about the witcher anymore...

They are. It's called Cyberpunk 2077.

You're free to believe what you want, but that doesn't change the fact that the Witcher franchise means different things to different people. Some of the best moments in Wild Hunt really had nothing to do with Geralt and only involved him in a peripheral sense.

CDPR have already announced that TW3 is the end of Geralts story but that they are not done with the world of The Witcher in the future. So if we understand this as a future Witcher title then that means Geralt is out ( although I dare say he would make a cameo as a NPC) . This is why I believe Eskel would be the best choice. Lambert is way too annoying IMO. Ciri is way too OP!

Last edited:
I would like to play as Letho, he's my second favorite character (first obviously being Geralt) that I would like to know a bit more. I think it could fit, but not as friendly / humorous like Geralt. Letho still has an interesting lore that I would like to experience.

Nobody.

I don't want any additional Witcher game to happen.

But if there will be one Geralt is the only viable option.Without him even the title of the franchise wouldn't make any sense anymore. Ciri is a no-go for me.
This although I wouldn't mind a Ciri spinoff game showing us what happened with her

Ciri as protagonist please.

You're free to believe what you want, but that doesn't change the fact that the Witcher franchise means different things to different people. Some of the best moments in Wild Hunt really had nothing to do with Geralt and only involved him in a peripheral sense.

Even a better reason for the franchise to die. CDPR butchered it enough. It should finally be able to rest in peace. :p

I would like to play The Witcher game set in the past, when Kaer Morhen was a mighty castle, when new witchers were being created and trained. That means completely new characters. There's huge space for names known from the books e.g. sourcerers, kings etc. Oh, and Vesemir could make great return as a young witcher. :)

Other game I'd like to play is grand strategy, where I could rule one of the Continent's kingdom. I know, development of such game is highly unlikely, because strategy games belong to niche (computers only). It's nice to dream though.

But now CDPR should focus solely on Cyberpunk 2077. Give Sapkowski's world a break. A long break.

Last edited:
i feel the mayority of wicher 4 post are form people that played only the las one in release time

for me projekt red should look beyond the witcher , they where working with the saga for 10 freaking years , after cyberpunk they should look for another ip or idk the sequel for cyberpunk but they shouldnt go back to the witcher saga just dont

, after cyberpunk they should look for another ip
yes, you're right, they could make wolsung computer game,based on another pen and paper rpg but in steampunk
if i remember correctly some of the guys,from wolsung team was even working on first witcher, so maybe they could come to agreement and help with the game

redpoints
please

Attachments

• 6VcKd.jpg
    6VcKd.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

As much as i love Ciri, i kinda agree :)

---------- Updated at 07:31 PM ----------

yes, you're right, they could make wolsung computer game,based on another pen and paper rpg but in steampunk
if i remember correctly some of the guys,from wolsung team was even working on first witcher, so maybe they could come to agreement and help with the game

redpoints
please

what :s

Attachments

• melon-cat.jpg
    melon-cat.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 56
I'd be okay with the franchise ending now on a high note too, and not getting ruined by releasing games which are shite compared to previous ones where things should have ended (*cough* Assassin's Creed *cough*).

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/0...ld-hunt-interview-with-the-gameplay-designer/

"Ciri’s appearance was caused, in part, by the team’s decision to close up the series with this game."

“[The Witcher 3] is the last of everything,” Monnier said. People go back and forth on messageboards and such about whether this is the last Witcher game or the last game starring Geralt, but Monnier makes it clear: no more Witcher games after this one.

“I was on [the Witcher subreddit] and someone mentioned we could do a full Ciri game. I’d love to do that. I don’t know, we have no plans to do it. People think we’re going to use her, that we’re using Wild Hunt as an intro to her,” he said.

“It makes sense, I thought, actually it’s a good idea. But we wanted to show her because it’s the last game, it’s our last chance.”

“We’d never say never, though,” he said, leaving a last, thin string of hope for us.

Eskel: The Witcher: Brotherhood

With Ciri-Geralt in background (like Ciri in Witcher 3)

Story: the futur of witchers(maybe the end) and Aen Elle(white frost in their world)
Background stories: North vs Nilfgaard- Lodge of sorceresses
Big bad guys: Avallac'h, Ge'els and the **** elf which was in the laboratory in the Witcher 3

CDPR wants to take a break for now, and I'm fine with that. I do hope they choose to come back the world of the Witcher though, maybe set in an area where they'd have more creative freedom like Zerrikania, or Hakland.

Top Bottom