Recent content by Calabrin

+
  1. Calabrin

Needs More Purify

But I’ve already pointed that literally every other faction has multiple options for purifying. Why should NR be excluded? Seems like an oversight, to me. 1595540831 Those are neutral cards, which means they can’t be used in decks with NR’s Viraxas Prince. Again, every other faction in the game...
  2. Calabrin

The problem with Skellige

Just played against this OP deck. I lost despite the following circumstances: -Invocation on Harald as soon as he was played -Poisoned and killed 2 units on final turn, wiping 11 power from the board, while adding 8 from 2x Fangs -Killed Herkja as soon as she was played (she was rezzed with...
  3. Calabrin

Needs More Purify

NR does not have enough options for purification, period. With the introduction of the MM set, players are now being strongly encouraged to use “devotion” decks which leaves NR with literally ONE card that has a single-use purify: Coodcoodak. Meanwhile, boiling oil is the only option available...
  4. Calabrin

NG. Wins. Again.

It’s farcical at this point. NG wins yet another monthly competition, this time using its new ability. Any, uh, any chance we could see some rebalancing of NG on the very near horizon? I just lost a game against (what else?) a poison/lock deck. Absolutely absurd. The only counter to lock/poison...
  5. Calabrin

Leaving Gwent with Suggestions

I admit to turning into a rage monster when I’m losing and a bit of a dick when I’m winning but I actually think it’s largely due to a lack of ability to communicate with the opponent. More direct communication with opponents could conceivably result in better sportsmanship. There are a lot of...
  6. Calabrin

SEASON OF THE ELVES IS HERE!

The spy thing is absurdly annoying, and clearly a programming error that isn’t being addressed. It effectively turns every spy into Cantarella, which is total bullshit. And yes, I know it’s not a 1:1 analogy, but the overall point remains. That being said, I’ve had great success recently with...
  7. Calabrin

GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

A valid point, to be sure. I still feel like poison has become too much of a crutch.
  8. Calabrin

GWENT: Ask a Dev

Shouldn’t Witcher units canonically have a higher tolerance to poison that standard units? This would be a great semi-counter to poison. So, if you played Eskel: Pathfiner, for example, it would take 3x poison to kill him due to his naturally high tolerance.
  9. Calabrin

Gwent the syndicate cardgame

I just started playing with HC as my very first Syndicate deck, and I am blown away by how consistently I’ve been winning with it. Typically when I make a new deck, it takes a lot of tweaking to get it to the point where it’s competitive, but my very first attempt with HC proved to be pretty...
  10. Calabrin

Poison and Harmony

I truly dread seeing Scoia’tael decks these days. I realize people have grievances against other decks, but I have consistently felt that Harmony and Dead-Eye decks are absurdly OP. I just came off a narrow win where I was using Lockdown/Masquerade Ball and my opponent was playing Harmony— not...
  11. Calabrin

Interesting. I didn’t start playing until the summer, so I missed season of the elves. There is nothing in the wording of the seasonal rule that indicates it supposed to work this way. To the contrary, the wording of the rule makes it sound very distinctly like it should *not* work this way...
  12. Calabrin

That is certainly disheartening, as it is plainly not working the way it is intended. There appear to be a LOT of bugs with the current patch and the seasonal rule.
  13. Calabrin

There’s no way in hell this is intentional. NG Assimilate and spy abilities are broken under the seasonal rule. I have yet to lose a game using an assimilate/spy/poison deck. I notified support yesterday that the Assimilate ability is plainly not working as intended. It triggers whenever the...
  14. Calabrin

How to beat poison decks?

I constructed a NG poison deck last month and ran roughshod over people with it. Poison is obviously incredibly powerful. My suggestion to create a card that could purify repeatedly over subsequent turns was heeded, but I’m not convinced this really fixed the issue. How many people are playing...
  15. Calabrin

Shop and arena down on PS4?

As I said, I’m playing on PS4. The arena appears to not be functioning. When I go to it, the Gaunter contract comes up, but under “Entry Cost” it is just blank. There’s no way to pay entry fee to begin playing. Also, the shop appears to be down. I can’t even select it on the main page. Is this...
Top Bottom