Recent content by Codexhel

+
  1. C

Is the community becoming terrible?

I would like to make clear that the "meta" is the way that the game is played and perceived to be the "correct" way to play by players at the moment. If you consider 2 games this will make it clearer: 1. Football These days the formations have a good balance between offence and defence, and...
  2. C

Fair enough, I'm not going to take offence then. But it's worth considering the form of your argument. If you lead with a line like "Sorry but you are the problem.... X" it's going to be taken as an attack. Even when you're frustrated and passionate about your ideals (which you clearly are) just...
  3. C

You don't know me, and you're making a very personal attack for the way that I like to do things. I don't take netdecks to ranked, as I said. Why would I want to rank up with a list that I just nabbed off the internet? Tournaments are fairer game, especially in the Challenger where it was...
  4. C

Johnny into Cerys/Ciri is pretty much giving you 5 golds? That doesn't seem right.

That's what it used to do and nobody played it. Poor Johnny.
  5. C

I understand your grievance but I like practising my decks before taking them to ranked. And I've never simply netdecked for ranked. In fact I tend to exclusively play netdecks in Casual so I know how to counter the netdeckers when I face them later. I only take my own decks to ranked and...
  6. C

Uncertainty and RNG in games

That's my experience of the game as well. I'm actually taking an extended break because Gwent is so stale for me right now.
  7. C

That's easy to refute. Tic-Tac-Toe, any strongly solved game with an easy enough to remember solution or any weakly solved game with an easy enough to remember solution, should have basically a certain outcome which makes it uninteresting for good players to play. (Maharajah and the Sepoys)...
  8. C

Thank you to the mods for assisting the thread transition.
  9. C

Uncertainty and RNG in games Note: Just starting a new thread as requested to discuss the effect of uncertainty and RNG in games, in particular with regards to the RNG nature of Elven Mercenaries. WARNING: WALL OF TEXT Yes and no. On the one hand, you have Hearthstone, which has over time...
  10. C

What does this even mean? Does that mean you contest point 2? So that means you think that all games should have a certain outcome before starting? Yes, I play dota2, and I enjoy watching it. What's your point? Did you even read my post? I listed games like Chess (no RNG), Gwent (middle RNG)...
  11. C

Elven mercenary and silver specials

WARNING: WALL OF TEXT Yes and no. On the one hand, you have Hearthstone, which has over time become more and more RNG based as they have added many cards that are both strong and viable despite their RNG nature. This means that there are many RNG cards in constructed that can thrive and be...
  12. C

The Power of Tibor Eggebracht

But my point is that the deck archetype is completely and utterly predictable so it's easily countered. I mean, Tibor used to be worse, and the Mill Archetype excels (and the entire gameplan) is to win R3 after forcing his opponent to have 0 decks in hand, then dropping as many free cards like...
  13. C

The Power of Tibor Eggebracht

I'm totally with headbash guy on this one- you're hiding behind a semantical argument. Who cares if it's an exploit or trick or a psychological mindblow or the Hand of God... the only thing that matters is if the card is balanced, i.e., as 4RM3D says, if the card needs to be changed. So let's...
  14. C

The Least Played Cards

Guitarstudent http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/general-discussions-aa/7997410-current-mmr-explained-by-rethaz/page2 I give a summary of how mmr works in a post there.
  15. C

Elven mercenary and silver specials

Pulling bronze only would most certainly be a buff. All you would see is Brouver (for the silver) and hyper efficient spell chains.
Top Bottom