Recent content by Fargothwave

+
  1. F

Is this the end?

That's it. There's nothing else to it. Slama's team stopped respecting the provision system and refused to back off, hence the massive powercreep, hence the irritation with the game, hence its slow death. I would even say all these stupid new cards would have been acceptable...at the right cost...
  2. F

Is this the end?

...Slama literally set the powercreep speed to "full throttle", though. Remember them Viper and Cat witchers pre-nerf? Remember Eist? Those were his creations. Because - I quote - "swingy cards are exciting". I won't debate the homecoming thing - because it's true they managed to salvage it...
  3. F

Is this the end?

No computer simulation is advanced enough to account for a (highly subjective) "mistake". How would it tell a feint from a bad play? Or from a failed feint? Definitely a possibility. Netdecking is a bread-and-butter component of the genre, unfortunately. Yeah, about that...Such decks would...
  4. F

Is this the end?

By observing this community for a long time. People here (and, by extension, Reddit, Twitch streamers and their chats) have always loved to nerd over minutae such as two or three point advantages of a card over its alternatives. Maybe it's a vocal minority, but I find it unlikely - the game...
  5. F

Is this the end?

Aight, we're on the same page then. Sure, type advantages should absolutely be the thing - just not the deciding factor like so many in Gwent's history. That's pretty much how it went. I even cited Slama a couple of posts ago. Basically, yeah, they wanted "exciting" gameplay, completely...
  6. F

Is this the end?

If the game is basically won and lost in the deckbuilder, is it even a game anymore? Rock, Paper, Scissors and poker both have a psychological aspect to them, but what you propose here translates to playing RPS where you only choose the first one, and then are obligated to cycle through them in...
  7. F

Is this the end?

Second Wind Fucusia and Tactical Retreat Terranova, just imagine! Actually, forget Fucusia, embrace omegapointslam triple Lippy baby!
  8. F

Is this the end?

"Just play (whatever)" is always a bad argument to defend anything. Why should I? Matchups that leave you virtually no chance have no place in a competitive game. Favored, yes, they are inevitable and even important as they shape the meta, but hopeless ones are bad and indicative of serious...
  9. F

Is this the end?

And back then there were many people who felt the same way, too. And sure enough "just play wide" was something of a meme around here. But let me tell you something - that's about the only thing you could do. There were just too many cheap instances of poison - and then VVM and possibly Invo...
  10. F

Is this the end?

The end began a long time ago. The second CDPR decided to up the ante with the point generation. Master Mirror was the last (comparatively) reasonable expansion, but even then, it marked the end of the "standard" provisions-to-points ratio. Some new cards seriously deviated from it, and...
  11. F

GWENT'S DESIGN 02: BALANCING

Remember that one (hundred of) time(s) people at this forum opposed the notion of Korathi being a major sloppy play/gamedesign enabler? Also remember how popular unitless SC become when they're viable, despite being hated by everyone and their dog? And, well, do you realize how prominent...
  12. F

Yenn - Invocation needs a nerf

Vilgefortz - involves a chance to shoot yourself in the foot. True, this can also go your way, but good decks aren't supposed to be highrolly in their critical plays. Either way, gives some of the lost value back to your opponent, unlike Duels or bounty engines. VVM - more expensive than duels...
  13. F

Yenn - Invocation needs a nerf

NR has duels and boardwipe engines, SY and SK both crap out damage, SC easily pack a bunch of rather hard removals since their points usually come from a few powerplays and they want to play specials anyway, because of Gord and Whisperers. All of them get some kind of guaranteed points from it...
  14. F

Patch Notes 10.2

To be fair, classic Crimes have the same issue as Precision Strike ST - when they're good, the game quickly stops being fun for everyone else. I bet CDPR are reluctant to do anything about them after the Drill fiasco. Passiflora has been relevant recently, so it's not like it needs a "big" buff...
  15. F

Heatwave needs to go.

Oh, the thread's still alive. Good. I still concur with the opinion that AT LEAST the banish aspect of Invo and Heatwave should be gone for good. And I don't say at lightly, because, well, I've lost enough games to gold replay cheese lately, mostly MO and SK. But it still doesn't exculpate...
Top Bottom