Recent content by gigabomb

+
  1. G

2 rows instead of 3. Homecoming. [POLL]

Less variables should make the game easier to balance. With two rows, it's almost a completely different game. Imagine all of those row swapping cards, weather, and so on that will be very different. After the other major change to the game's art, I can't imagine them throwing a third lane back...
  2. G

Homecoming Reveal

I'm seeing much more good than bad from the video. I said some months ago that I was afraid 3 rows with so many factions was impossible to balance, that the game was going to become finding the most exploitative deck, so I'm all for two rows. Locking the number of cards and deck size makes a lot...
  3. G

GWENT Homecoming — see what's next for GWENT

Without the original gwent feel and the witcher's grit - the things that I suspect created enough buzz to get this game funded in the first place - it isn't gwent in anything but name. Hence why we still need 3 rows, the consume mechanic, and weather. Balancing will always be an issue, but...
  4. G

GWENT Homecoming — see what's next for GWENT

Wow, I'm glad I checked back. I had given up, but I am eager to see what happens down the road. I said nothing short of a 50% percent rollback would do it, but this is...intriguing. I liked the game before boons and moonlight, so dramatic overhauls seem risky. Row preference is a step in the...
  5. G

Open letter from GWENT development team

Thank you for acknowledging the issue. Compared to other games I've played for years, the communication and speed that CDPR is committed to is very refreshing. It is clear, time after time, that you folks care about the community.
  6. G

My extreme dissatisfaction of the hotfix.

I am looking forward to a balance pass to get back into the game, but I guess I need to drastically lower my expectations. So uh, why did they remove the option to create card advantage spies? Is this some tacit admission that they are unbalanced? If so, getting them in kegs would give those...
  7. G

Ranked Play season end moved to January 10th

Whole lot of picking the "lesser of two evils" going on at cdpr right now. It is a bit comforting to know that they know.
  8. G

To all the bored people of Gwent!

Keep doing god's work. I'm checking here about once a week to watch for patches.
  9. G

Players will not receive rank up rewards for the ranks they skipped

This, on top of all of the other changes, deincentivizes players from climbing to the highest ranks if they are a casual player. Too many changes too fast; never thought I'd complain about that.
  10. G

So do you find the new patch successful or not?

Imagine someone that dives in to try it out a few patches later. They've had the agile update, gold immunity, and now this.
  11. G

Join the Midwinter Hunt!

I have transcended and no longer need brutal difficulty to enjoy myself. It wasn't challenging, but it was somewhat enjoyable and taught me some of the new cards and mechanics. If I complain that it needed to be 20% more difficult, they might go off the deep end and make them impossible to enjoy...
  12. G

Join the Midwinter Hunt!

I'd rather it be this easy than pulling teeth like the last two.
  13. G

Midwinter Update is now available!

I'm not seeing it in my game. What is the rate? 25 kegs for $? Font is clearer. The midwinter challenge is engaging and is teaching me some of the card changes and mechanics. Never really liked the idea of learning modified cards for just one match. Nice! Whoa, the cards come out in a very...
  14. G

Is the game becoming a bad copy of Hearthstone?

Creating animations and art takes a lot of time and effort. When something big is changed, the company can't just change it back or create a new set of animations because it takes time, and time is money. Add in that it will anger just as many people as it pleases, that it will annoy everyone if...
  15. G

Massive Overhaul of the Interface

Like the deck selection screen, even if it lacks visual depth. The new consume effect is much less visceral to the point of being comical. Still no font size increase or change for clarity even though there is space to make the card and description larger to the right of the board. Need this...
Top Bottom