Open letter from GWENT development team

+
I swear to God, man. I hope they do something about this Dorf meta fast. I didn't realise how bad it had gotten until today. Literally 85% of people I fought were using Dorfs in some variation. Eithne, Fran and Brouver, but all the same deck basically.

This is insane.

Just nerf Skirmisher already. An upward scaling, resurrectable, tutorable minimum 12 point Bronze? Who on the earth though this was a good idea?

Cool. Appreciate this. Looking forward to you [fixing] the game a bit. Could you also [fix] the arbitrarily shortened seasons too?

Last edited by a moderator:
CallMeHoot;n10280462 said:
I swear to God, man. I hope they do something about this Dorf meta fast. I didn't realise how bad it had gotten until today. Literally 85% of people I fought were using Dorfs in some variation. Eithne, Fran and Brouver, but all the same deck basically.

This is insane.

Just nerf Skirmisher already. An upward scaling, resurrectable, tutorable minimum 12 point Bronze? Who on the earth though this was a good idea?

also remove agitators and slave drivers from game because they are uncounterable.
because batlemaiden cant pull troops if you kill their taget, slyzard cant pull neker if you muzle them.

Last edited:
Thank you for acknowledging the issue. Compared to other games I've played for years, the communication and speed that CDPR is committed to is very refreshing. It is clear, time after time, that you folks care about the community.

Last edited:
Pruny;n10286612 said:
also remove agitators and slave drivers from game because they are uncounterable.
because batlemaiden cant pull troops if you kill their taget, slyzard cant pull neker if you muzle them.

Not to mention every single Silver card in Dorfs is a resurrect / strengthen and hits for 15 points minimum. It's just...bonkers. Like who in their right mind thought up these values and then looked at NR and was like, oh yeah, we'll make Revenant 4hp with 1 armor so literally EVERYTHING can kill it.

Pruny;n10286612 said:

Well agitators are hard countered by Sweers but that's about it. There is no way to counter Slave Driver bs. Slave driver should be something like "Play a different random bronze unit from deck with 5 power or less" then see how the popularity goes away. I would still use it because it will still have nice synergy with some decks like Soldiers.

Slave Driver himself is the proof of how bad it was to implement "create" system.

Slavedriver? Easy repair. Make him wounding the spawned unit in that way: slave driver STR + spawned unit STR = STR of original opponent's unit. Easy fix and no more OP and maybe that's a solution for all the spamming power creeping unit-cast-another-unit-thing disease.

Still op man, cant play ancientfoglets because they use slave drivers with vipers and they kill mine so they have more foglets than me, wtf. Slave drivers should create units from oponent faction not deck.

altaybek Sweers its not neutral...

CallMeHoot;n10280462 said:

This is insane.

How is that worse than resurrectable 26-point spotters or 16-point witchers? Resurrectable with bronze cards, no less.

CallMeHoot;n10288702 said:
Not to mention every single Silver card in Dorfs is a resurrect / strengthen and hits for 15 points minimum. It's just...bonkers. Like who in their right mind thought up these values and then looked at NR and was like, oh yeah, we'll make Revenant 4hp with 1 armor so literally EVERYTHING can kill it.

Can't speak to CDPR's process, but dev teams on games are normally sub-divided. It's highly unlikely that a) the same group of guys work on all faction cards together and b) speak to each other about them in balance terms. It's more likely they all work under a manager and give their pitches to him. In other words, there's no comparitive thought process; ordinarily it's about in-faction balance. So Revenants were mostly balanced around the idea of messing up other NR cards or strategies. If you compare to Magic: The Gathering, which is relatively open about how sets are developed, they have individual teams dedicated to each colour, and once everything's done they come together and make decks and start playing to test things out, then tweak and adjust based on results.

But they test over a year in advance of every set...

Top Bottom