Recent content by Hoeya

+
  1. Hoeya

Weekly Poll 12/31/2018 - Death and Failure

There shouldn't be a heavy price for dying. Ideally, if you die, the worst that should happen is that you restart from a checkpoint (checkpoint, not a save) costing you some time to redo a portion of whatever area you are in. This lightly punishes a player for failing a portion of the mission...
  2. Hoeya

FPP/TPP Perspective Thread OPEN. Be NICE.

Please don't make driving FPP. I would rather walk or run if that's the case. FPP driving has some serious limitations like restricting your already restricted FOV even further, and then adding fast motions and reactions, as well as not being able to adequately see around you at a glance. If...
  3. Hoeya

Well, presumably, the enemy is going to have some similar abilities to V, so they'd have to add the animations for NPC anyhow, I'd think.
  4. Hoeya

Oh god. Agreed. I'd rather run around if that was the case.
  5. Hoeya

Replaying the old ones

I still play a lot of Civ II. That game just holds up so well. Well, minus the advisors. I miss them, but some things just can't last. Dungeon Siege was great for a playthrough, but it is way too linear to replay. I did like how they did classing and skills, but it just doesn't have a ton of...
  6. Hoeya

The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

I'll agree with you and add story to that as well. If you have a mechanically sound game, but the story makes you want to cry or bores you to tears, it's a fruitcake. Technically a cake, but damned if it isn't the densest material known to man. Graphical fidelity is great, but... not my main...
  7. Hoeya

Weekly Poll 11/18/18 - Skills!

Gun jamming might be cool, or something like that. However, I'd say that critical failures should be a relatively rare occurrence in gunplay. Always a chance, but not quite as high as 1 in 20. Just something to be concerned about. Perhaps it could be tied to weapon quality. It'd be a really neat...
  8. Hoeya

I can't say that having it as FPP will be any more or less immersive than TPP. I think anyone who's ever rode to Mexico in RDR can attest to the fact that TP can be just as immersive if it's done right, or any number of scenes in the Arkham series, or Witcher 3. I don't think TP is any better or...
  9. Hoeya

Character Appearance Thread

I was, indeed! I should have been more clear. I just can't do it.
  10. Hoeya

Character Appearance Thread

To me, Femshep was the only option, as that MaleShep's voice made me want to punch the character repeatedly. Especially in ME1. Makes me wonder where they pulled that percentage out of. It's also very hard to watch a dude's butt for 40+ hours.
  11. Hoeya

Concerns Regarding Dialogue Options And Voiced Dialogue

They already solved a lot of the issues from Fallout 4, by having a character that's an actual person with a set personality before you take over. One of the big issues with Fallout 4 is that you get a character that you have almost no knowledge of, with no personality or ties aside from a...
  12. Hoeya

The game seem very ambitious

It doesn't seem too ambitious. It's not offering us a vast universe to explore, and it seems to add few "new" mechanics then might exist in other open-world games. It looks like a pretty solid game so far, and they don't seem to have made any huge promises that seem like they'd be unlikely to...
  13. Hoeya

Motion Sickness Thread with some possible solutions.

I ran into this with Space Engineers, where I tried to adjust FOV. I originally put it at 100, but the sides zoomed in, making it look like a skewed hallway. Whoever decided that was a great way to do FOV is an idiot. It made me more sick than the original FOV at 75, which was pretty bad. It...
  14. Hoeya

Weekly Poll 9/25/18 - Difficulty Levels

I generally play most games for the story, and the occasional bump of difficulty. However, I generally don't want to have to "git gud" to play a game. Because I'm just not gud. I'm barely average. More power to you if you're that kind of gamer, but I am not. I'd say the difficulty from easy to...
  15. Hoeya

What happens when you die?

Me, too. But that was game-specific, and the world wasn't very serious. This seems a bit more serious.
Top Bottom