Recent content by Howlmoth

+
  1. Howlmoth

Improving round identity and coin-flip CA (without changing hand limit)

The only problem is that without the second part, the first player loses it's only tool to get CA back after going a card down to win R1. It forces them to play harder into R2 with a card less. The game my suggestion is trying to implement is one where rounds matter in different ways: -The...
  2. Howlmoth

Improving round identity and coin-flip CA (without changing hand limit)

Step 1, rework card draw slightly. At the start of Round 2 & 3, each player draws a card (up to 3 cards) for each card they played in the previous round. Step 2, rework the starting artifact for the first player to the following: Phoenix Egg (Indestructible Artifact) At the end of the round...
  3. Howlmoth

Season of Mahakam is live!

I feel like I hit a rewards points wall, and am not sure how I'm supposed to get them at a decent rate. The contracts page has some info, but it feels like it's going to be an eternity before I have enough for a second costume unlock. Hoping we learn more about season end rewards, and how...
  4. Howlmoth

"Premium" Leader cards----- maybe, costumes?

Eredin would be spookier with a santa hat in winter.
  5. Howlmoth

Man, I love this pre netdecking time

Heh, day 2 and I'm slamming up against the same Eithne and Greatsword decks. It wasn't meant to last.
  6. Howlmoth

Lifecoach (Open Beta's champion) shares his thoughts about Homecoming

So, I think he's right and he's wrong. Card Advantage needs to be a thing, but wasn't working very well in beta with spies. There was usually a round that felt unimpactful. Lots of drypassing R2. Homecoming addressed coinflip and CA a bit with the hand limit and larger draws, but...
  7. Howlmoth

[suggestion] New game mode; hot seat

I thought you were recommending a three player mode for a moment, and got really excited.
  8. Howlmoth

Automatic End Turn?

It's a feature I'd like, but not a crucial one. Some games, I'm not popping the leader until the very end anyways. This is something I hope to see next year sometime.
  9. Howlmoth

[Gwent Beta Server] What CDPR should have done

I loved beta Gwent. I did not like the PTR. I really like Homecoming Gwent, but I don't love it yet. But I can easily see how it is on pace to surpass beta Gwent, and I think that is necessary for the longevity of the game. If they can make rounds feel meaningful again and address some...
  10. Howlmoth

More Row specific effects in Homecoming

I agree that row effects aren't feeling very good at present. I'm not sure I want them to be so good that they force more hard counter cards (already need too many of those with artifact destruciton and locks), but a slight improvement is probably warranted. At least a provision cost decrease...
  11. Howlmoth

At the start of each round, draw a card for each card you played in the previous round, up to a maximum of 3 cards.

This post is in the wrong place. It was recommended in another thread that I post it here and ask politely for it to be moved to the Suggestions section of the General forums. Thank you! New members and posting limitations - Post your new topic to Tech Support, as new members are allowed to...
  12. Howlmoth

Suggestion to hand limit and drypass problem, please read

I was originally opposed to the hand limit, but what I realized I was actually opposed with was that Round 1 was dictated to be at least 6 card plays long, and made Round 2 feel like there was a lot of potential to be abused with the hand limit to make card advantage irrelevant. I did like that...
Top Bottom