Recent content by ilayoeli

+
  1. I

Analysis: With Witcher 3 CDPR no longer treat the players like adults [SPOILERS]

Is nuance exclusive for epic high-stakes stories?
  2. I

I consider w3 an all-time great game, but I have a few complaints

I share your criticisms as well (and a hell of a lot more) and also ain't as forgiving with them as others might be. Because, as I see it, most of your points ties to a much serious problem which plauge the entire game's narrative or design philosophy. The Novigrad act feeling off and having...
  3. I

Direct 3D 9 device initialization error

Nope. GTX 560 Ti Intel core i5 3.3Ghz 8GB RAM as said, worked perfectly until now. Have no idea what happened
  4. I

[SPOILERS] What were your favourite/most impactful scenes in TW3

I found the most dramatic scenes to be somewhat forced at best to outright nonsensical and out of place at worst. like when Geralt finally met Ciri it wasn't exactly logical for the 'ball of light' or whatever to wait for Geralt to believe Ciri's dead before resurrecting her. For me The Witcher...
  5. I

Direct 3D 9 device initialization error

Direct 3D 9 device initialization error The game used to work properly but all of a sudden every time I try to launch it, the game only appear as a black screen and an error window appears stating the error in the title. I tried to reinstall directX 9, update the graphic card drivers and...
  6. I

I hope the witcher 4 is more political

I don't care whether the game will have no politics or be fucking House of Cards, I just want a coherent and interesting story. The Witcher 2 story wasn't good because it was political, it was good because it was well written
  7. I

What disappointed you about this game?

The story the quest design
  8. I

How do you make the open world more interesting?

Play Fallout New Vegas a lot and get inspiration
  9. I

Why I hate Witcher 2

When people hate your game for the tiniest and least important feature like UI and minigames you know you made a masterpiece As for your more important gripes: - Geralt random animations: not random at all, just different depends on his position compared to the enemy, and can easily be learned -...
  10. I

(Article) 'The Witcher 2' Didn't Try to Offer Endless Freedom, and That's Why It Was So Good

easy: The Witcher 2 was written by professionals, and it has all the elements of good mystery story: proper pacing, moral ambiguity, subversion of RPG and fantasy tropes, connected story strings, subtle character development, foreshadowing, twists, turns and all that jazz The Witcher 3 was...
  11. I

Analysis: With Witcher 3 CDPR no longer treat the players like adults [SPOILERS]

Why would they treat all players like children when not all are children?
  12. I

Agree with OP That's what happened when something good like TW series becomes so big, it loses its souls. The combat is childish, the quest design is childish and the writing is childish (and bad)
  13. I

The Witcher 3 vs Dark Souls 3

If The Witcher 3 is about its story and Dark Souls 3 is about its combat than DS3 is much, much better
  14. I

[SPOILERS] The lack of Witcher 2 decisions and content in The Witcher 3.

Of course, I didn't expect people to agree with me, otherwise my statement wouldn't have been heretical. I can explain why I think so but it's obviously a matter of opinion
Top Bottom