Recent content by kalniel

+
  1. K

Shader bug/pixellation in cutscenes on widescreen

Yup :p actually seems worse than I remember. Must have just turned DoF off last time. Sorry :whistle:
  2. K

Shader bug/pixellation in cutscenes on widescreen

Hello. OP here.The bug went away for me - I think it was caused by my 1950xt not having full shader precision - you can see similar shader rendering artefacts in Mass Effect and Dawn of War II. Upgrading to a 4870 fixed the problem... at least, I think it did. Damn, going to have to reinstall...
  3. K

The Hunt starts … NOW!

Why?They didn't 'dumb down' the PC release worldwide just because the US don't like boobies.
  4. K

The Hunt starts … NOW!

This is great news.I don't have a console, but the more people that get to enjoy The Witcher, the better. Additional income to CDPR will also make them more likely to give us PC gamers a sequel, so even for selfish reasons I'm happy.
  5. K

The Witcher: console vs PC?

9 million is peanuts - the install base for casual PC games is around 200 million. So 9 million out of 200 million is very far from a majority! What's the most popular game in the world? Minesweeper.
  6. K

Actually it's the opposite these days - the majority of console players are more hard core gamers. The majority of PC gamers want casual games, only a very small proportion are hard core gamers.
  7. K

D'jinni Adventure Editor Contest!

Do we have to participate in stage one in order to take part in later stages?I've come to this a bit late for getting things ready in time, but would be interested in later stages if possible.
  8. K

The Witcher Enhanced Edition rescheduled

While you're waiting, read the previous posts and announcements.
  9. K

The usage of CG movies in games!

Another 'depends' here.. in this case, it depends what else you will have to cut from the game in order to fund the CG.CG is very, very expensive, and while it's neat, if an in-engine cutscene can save you the funds so that you can put an even better feature in the game then it's usually better...
  10. K

PC vs. Consoles

Yes they do - read your link :)
  11. K

It's true that the most powerful console is inferior to the most powerful PC, but if you want your game to be playable on say 50% of machines out there you have to look at the median average hardware - and the average console hardware is vastly superior to the average PC hardware, which won't...
  12. K

PC vs. Consoles

They effectively say:PC gaming is plagued by piracy problems.It would be impossible to put something like Crysis on a console.Why are PC fanboys are meant to eat the above?
  13. K

Audio problem

Does sound come back when you restart your computer?
  14. K

THQ producer speaks out on PC game frustration

Well you should be fully protected if that's the case and get your money back. If a product doesn't work as advertised then in most countries you are completely entitled to get a refund from the shop you bought it from - software is no different. But that's never an excuse to pirate though, just...
  15. K

Activation Code Exceeded Limit?

I would guess you need to go to technical support as listed in the message - contact details should be in the email you got with the activation details in the first place.
Top Bottom