The Hunt starts … NOW!

+
Corylea said:
Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong, but shouldn't we at least give them a chance before we write them off?
Quoted for emphasis. Well said, Corylea :)At this stage, we're all just running off rumours. Some rumours might seem more concrete than others, but we're sitll waiting for pure, tangible confirmation from CDPR. Speculation is fine, it can even be healthy, but I would caution against forming finite opinions at such an absurdly early stage. No need to stress ourselves out unnecessarily :)I don't own a console, so a console-only version won't necessarily do much for me right out of the box. But looking at the big picture that is the gaming industry as a whole, I think we need more good guys on our side :) and if one of these good guys could be a major player on the international stage, then that's a good thing for us :) As a pure business decision, this is probably a very smart move. If this helps further CDPR as a business but also as a developing house, then hey, go nuts :)I know I personally want for CDPR to continue to become a stronger player on the international stage. Us gamers need more developers like CDPR; who listen to their fans, who display passion and enthusiasm for their industry, but also, we need more developers who have respect for their fans. It's entirely possible that branching out into the console arena is one way to kick CDPR up into a higher gear, to really put them on the map. I don't believe branching out into the console arena is a kick in the teeth for PC gamers. I don't believe this will automagically result in an inferior product. I have no reason to think that. But hey, at the very least, if a console version is in development, we'll get teasers and trailers for it, and if they continue to include a half naked Geralt, well, no complaints from me :DJust don't be saving that half-nakedness only for the consoles, y'hear me CDPR? ;D ;D

"At this stage, we're all just running off rumours. Some rumours might seem more concrete than others, but we're sitll waiting for pure, tangible confirmation from CDPR. Speculation is fine, it can even be healthy, but I would caution against forming finite opinions at such an absurdly early stage. No need to stress ourselves out unnecessarily :)"No, there is a user video up on Gametrailers that was made by CDProject but has not been officially released yet. The announcement is for the console version which is vastly improved. I would post a link but it would be deleted again.Still, I have a tiny glimmer of hope that some of these upgrades may come to the PC version or that a sequel is in development.

There is this saying in German: "Wait and drink tea".Which is what I will do. CD Project RED has my respect and my favour by making both The Witcher and the EE. They know what they are doing, I believe so. I have not seen any official wording that states that they laugh at the PC Users, quite contrary, just my making the EE, they have proven that they listen to the Community, the PC Community in this case.So, anybody want some Tea?

Frederickichard said:
"At this stage, we're all just running off rumours. Some rumours might seem more concrete than others, but we're sitll waiting for pure, tangible confirmation from CDPR. Speculation is fine, it can even be healthy, but I would caution against forming finite opinions at such an absurdly early stage. No need to stress ourselves out unnecessarily :)"No, there is a user video up on Gametrailers that was made by CDProject but has not been officially released yet. The announcement is for the console version which is vastly improved. I would post a link but it would be deleted again.
I'm very well aware of that. I'm just saying that there's been no concrete confirmation from CDPR on exactly what's going to happen in the future. No plans shared, no nothing but a video talking about a possible future console release and rattling off a bunch of PR stuff about improvements :) I'm not going to stress until I hear CDPR say they're never going to develop for PC again, or that all future PC Witcher releases are going to be half-hearted ports at twice the price, or someone from CDPR posts a news thread saying, "screw you all, we hate the world and we're taking you all down with us" :DThat's all I meant.Tea, The Silver, what an excellent idea! I've just boiled the kettle, anybody care for a cup? :)

The best thing now is to sit and wait. CDP had plans to bring Witcher to the consoles, they didn t hide that. Maybe is a totaly new game, developed with consoles in mind, something a la Chains of Olympus. I personaly have faith in CDP that they will not forget us, the PC gamers. After all this nice, warm community is one of their best achievements.That beeing said, I wish them luck with the console project, and I hope they will make something that will sell a console (like Solid Metal Gear 4 did for PS 3).

I just hope they will also include all fixes and new things in patch for PC version. Otherwise I'm not interested in it.

This is great news.I don't have a console, but the more people that get to enjoy The Witcher, the better. Additional income to CDPR will also make them more likely to give us PC gamers a sequel, so even for selfish reasons I'm happy.

Well nothing for us pc players for the coming year then.. how sad And the console version puts the pc version to shame... also very sadThis also means the idea of a new not dumbed down witcher game specially for the pc is gone.

Hrm. Somewhat disappointed. I have a PS3, but the resolution on consoles is always dreadful - quite upset I won't get a chance to play it at 1080p.

I only hope that, with the new console version, CDPR adds a patch for the PC to give us full support of the X360 controller...I'm not so sad about console porting, because CDPR, more than other companies, needs money to improve themselves, and the console market is very addictive.Only one thing: don't forget us PC user for the witcher 2...In the future, give us a product even better that the witcher EE!!!!

Oh, no... What is going on here? You relax for two days, two days only, and you miss a "wild hunt"! :eek: I can't believe it! CDproject doesn't let us relax a bit! :D

501105 said:
This also means the idea of a new not dumbed down witcher game specially for the pc is gone.
Why?They didn't 'dumb down' the PC release worldwide just because the US don't like boobies.

What more interesting besides a console version:...if there is an upcoming The Witcher 2 story, how will it attach to the original The Witcher?Will it be about Geralt's future or past? :hmmm: ...and there was the mysterious end movie with the assassin, which can be a starting point of the next witcher-game. Or not. Who knows? ;)

meltigel said:
I only hope that, with the new console version, CDPR adds a patch for the PC to give us full support of the X360 controller...
That'd be welcome. :)
I'm not so sad about console porting, because CDPR, more than other companies, needs money to improve themselves, and the console market is very addictive.
I'm not happy that the teasing was for a console port -- b/c I was hoping for NEW Witcher stuff.Namely, Witcher Expansion PC or Witcher 2 PC.Hell, even a Witcher 2 with a planned PC and console simultaneously development and simultaneous release would've been better than this announcement.
Only one thing: don't forget us PC user for the witcher 2...In the future, give us a product even better that the witcher EE!!!!
Agreed.I'd hate to see CDPR make a console game -- then port it to the PC later without say adding significant amounts of new content for the PC version. B/c we all know that'll hurt PC version sales, since many will probably already have bought it on the console. And also, I'd hate to see the PC version come with issues like GOW PC did, with its stuttering issue. And plus since piracy is crazy on the PC, yeah -- even more copies won't be sold on the PC version. For that example, just see Gears Of War PC.Since I'm on GOW, I'm not happy since Cliffy B won't have GOW2 ported the PC; which is a shame b/c I liked GOW PC -- despite its stuttering issue that occurred here and there (which really is an Unreal Engine 3 problem in general, anyways). I'd not like to see CDPR go that route and just say, "No sequels on the PC." That would be blah if CD Project Pulled pulled a Cliffy B.

Guest 2084367

This was pretty low kick from CD Project to its PC community...Problem is not in console version, nor the better graphics it will have, nor the better AI and combat (although PC version of The Witcher still crashes with the latest patch, the game is still too easy even on hard difficulty and the models still look the same although they now wear robes with different color)Problem lies in the way CD Project announced the console version... basically it was like this:Hello PC community and fans of The WItcher... we have new a project that we are working on.. but we will not tell you what kind of project it is, instead you'll need to find out for yourself... so we go, gather clues... wasting time for something that could be simply avoided if they said it in the first place... but what happens next, fanbase of The Witcher, which consists of PC gamers (not console gamers), finds out that the next installment of The Witcher is headed to consoles only and it will be better...I don't know was this supposed to be some kind of a joke... but i can assure you, I (and im sure others aswell) ain't laughingTo tell you the truth, i fear what future brings.. i know i have no reasons to, but it still frightens me... I hope your money thirst, wont make this community the same as what Bioware did to its own

my wish for the Witcher is i hope no more clones! ;D this is sure then here community it will grow. come new fans. and if only keeps to it and we are a matter getting nobody more patch any more the Pc gamer!

Top Bottom