Recent content by TiLT

+
  1. T

Windows XP - crashing ( not sound related )

This is most likely just due to two different methods of calculating filesize combined with weird rounding errors. Most people use a conversion rate where 1024 KB = 1 MB, but some use a rate of 1000 KB = 1 MB (mostly HD manufacturers though, as they can sell you HDs with about 250 GB space and...
  2. T

I guess the offset I posted earlier (0042432a) determines whether or not you share the same bug as me. Did you have this offset or a different one?
  3. T

No, I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. If you want to check if you're suffering from the same bug I did, you can open any .bif-file in your Data folder with the editor application of your choice (even Notepad should work), though a hex editor is preferrable. If the result is completely...
  4. T

Bad news. The faulty .bif-files are completely empty. They are the correct size, but are filled with nothing but zeroes instead of actual data. This means a patch is pointless, and only copying the working files would fix anything. In other words, I can't help any of you any further than this...
  5. T

SUCCESS! I downloaded a fully working version of the game and started copying files to see what would make the difference. I've so far traced it to the Data folder, and am now analyzing the MD5 checksums to see exactly which files are problematic. If possible, I will attempt to create a patch...
  6. T

PLEASE read the thread! Even the thread title itself points out that this issue is unrelated to the EAX bug (as far as we can tell). For those who are having the error with "ModName: witcher.exe", the sound tweaks are very very unlikely to help.
  7. T

Cryocore did that for the system files and I compared them with mine and checked if it helped. There were no differences, and the problem remains. This means that finding the culprit file(s) is going to take more than just a few MB of file transfers.Cryocore, would you mind doing a full MD5 dump...
  8. T

Thank you! I will dig into these files right away and see if they solve the problem. Nope, didn't help for me. Perhaps it will help for someone else though.For the sake of being thorough, these are the files that differ in MD5-checksum between my install and the files that Cryocore...
  9. T

As I said in the other thread, your problem is most likely the EAX bug. Those of us who are suffering from an unsolvable bug get "ModName: witcher.exe" instead of "ModName: mss32.dll". My apologies if you've already tried the EAX fixes without success.
  10. T

Sound and EAX ( mss32.dll ) issues

I've only seen that mss32.dll message in relation to the EAX bug. There are several fixes for this already available in the forum.
  11. T

Sound and EAX ( mss32.dll ) issues

It could be any one of a small list of errors. Could you be more specific about what kind of error you're getting? Please include the output it gives you, if you can.We have almost the exact same system, so we might be able to help each other out.
  12. T

This problem is still not fixed for me. The 640x480 Launcher fix doesn't help either. Has any new information come to light?
  13. T

Installing the Enhanced Edition from DVD

I've come far enough with my own process here now that I'm able to answer your question. You don't have to patch the game, so it's fully updated on disc 1. However, you need both discs for the install, even if you're only going to install the absolute basics. I don't know if it actually installs...
  14. T

Installing the Enhanced Edition from DVD

Ah, sorry about that then. :)Just to be clear, I own a legal version of the game myself. Just trying to figure out why it won't work with the patch.
  15. T

The problem I (and several others in this thread, judging by the error offsets) am having is that the game crashes before even starting. I get the splash screen in Windows, click Launch Game, and I instantly get the error message.
Top Bottom