Recent content by Ulubey0

+
  1. Ulubey0

DRK3's Thread (Farewell)

Hey just wanted to say congratulations DRK. You've always been a really reasonable guy who puts a ton of effort into his posts. I'm glad you're getting official recognition! I don't really post on here anymore because i started playing Legends of Runeterra instead, but i did feel like these...
  2. Ulubey0

Opinions on Gwent's Current State

You're right, I apologize for saying it like that. I get that you don't directly manage the card design, and it was unfair of me to use your name when talking about that department. I know you didn't have a lot of say in Homecoming either. I honestly feel bad for you and everyone else who put...
  3. Ulubey0

Opinions on Gwent's Current State

If you watch the developer streams you will see Burza and Slama often struggle to remember card names and abilities. I remember one in particular where they were trying to remember what Slyzard does, and the confusion went on for far too long. It is quite cringey. I like both those guys a lot...
  4. Ulubey0

Would you like a reshuffle of the casters in next Gwent Tournament?

I saw ImpetuosPanda make a large post on this subject over on reddit yesterday, then i saw this thread and thought you all may want to hear his thoughts. "Do I consider myself to have an appropriate understanding of the game to be considered at a Pro Rank Level and fulfill my duties as a...
  5. Ulubey0

Will Gwent ever change?

All of these problems are a result of Homecoming. CDPR introduced them all into the game, they were never there in beta. I tried for a long time making constructive posts on here and reddit, but I've come to understand that these problems are CDPR's vision for Gwent. They are never going to change.
  6. Ulubey0

State of the Game

I would like to say that there's more to Gwent than just drawing your gold cards, but honestly that statement is true nowadays. About your questions though, a lot of the those Magic concepts don't apply to Gwent. There is no "racing" or "patience" since games are always the same length in terms...
  7. Ulubey0

Buff or Nerf?

Yes, I think it's important to mention that Gwent didn't always used to be like this though. There were years in beta where the most powerful gold cards were only +50% stronger than the weakest bronzes. Bronzes were about 12 points (up to 18 with synergy) and golds were about 18 points. You...
  8. Ulubey0

Should the Trap mechanic be abandoned already ?

What made trap (ambush) cards in Beta so skillful and fun was that they were all units, and in the same faction as Handbuff. This meant you could buff the ambush cards in hand, and when you played them your opponent had no idea how many points you actually had on the board. It was all about...
  9. Ulubey0

What Gwent Wrong Part 1: Adapting the Game to Become a CCG

I have nothing against 4RMD personally, but nothing I've seen on these forums makes me more frustrated than when he goes on "beta was doomed to fail" rants. It's like he's just repeating the same buzzwords, saying things like beta lacked "design space". He never explains it, like check out this...
  10. Ulubey0

Legends of Runeterra (Amazing new card game)

This thread is full of people hating on LoR's artwork, but honestly there is some pretty amazing illustrations. A card game like this has dozens of artists, and sure some are better than others. LoR has some of the best monster/creature artwork out there though. Here's some of my favorites...
  11. Ulubey0

Why is Gwent so poorly run?

Does Gwent make money? You do have to wonder who is buying $20 intro decks, and $7 card backs, and $10 skins of poor quality 3d models. Those prices reek of desperation, like CDPR knows they are only targeting children who don't yet know the value of money. You say they would have to shut it...
  12. Ulubey0

I mean that's not very fair. There are so many card draw tools available, and including them to avoid what you are talking about is part of the game. Some form of Trifarian Assesor/Progress Day/Glimpse Beyond/Rummage are necessary in every deck. You just have to find the right balance for what...
  13. Ulubey0

It's great to see all my favorite Gwent people thriving again in Runeterra. Mogwai especially seems so passionate about LoR. I can tell he really loves this game. He comes up with fresh decks on almost a daily basis, and they are all so creative. It's weird how Swim is doing the hyper...
  14. Ulubey0

I think LoR only has about 300 cards right now total. Let the sink in for a minute. With 300 cards they made a game with pretty mind blowing variety. I honestly feel there's about x4 more possible LoR archetypes/decks than in Gwent. Gwent has like over 600 cards too! The problem is that all of...
  15. Ulubey0

I think Elusives shouldn't be able to be buffed. If they have just 1 elusive and keep buffing it, you'll get wrecked if you have no way of countering it. I found a great combo I really love to counter elusives (and other things). I play the Possession card on their elusive. Then I play...
Top Bottom