Search results

+
  1. C

[TW1] [Bug Fix] Fix for the Vizima Confidential Problem

DHawthorne and Lanfear, you're both very welcome! The Witcher is a great game, and I wanted people to be able to finish it, so I was happy to fix this bug.
  2. C

[TW1][Adv] Med Problems 2: The Witcher Disease

Flixster and _Anastasia_, thank you both for your wonderful comments on MP2. I'm very sorry that my poor health precludes my answering you in the depth and detail that you both deserve. Rest assured, though, that I read both of your comments with great pleasure. You've made my day!
  3. C

Adding a New Texture to an Existing Model in TW1

To do this, you'll need to edit a model. That's not as hard as it sounds! ;) To make an entirely new model is beyond the ability of any software I have access to, but to EDIT the internal specifications of a model slightly, you only need something like Notepad++. (Do not use regular Notepad...
  4. C

You're very welcome! :) No, that's EXTREMELY simple. 1. Use WTV to find out which DDS format the current texture is saved in and the number of mipmaps it has. 2. Save your new texture in the same format, with the same number of mipmaps (Nvidia has a plugin for Photoshop that makes this...
  5. C

Adding a New Texture to an Existing Model in TW1 Someone sent me a PM asking me how to add new textures to an existing model, and I'm answering publicly, just in case anyone else wants/needs to know this. I'm assuming that you already know how to find which DDS format (and how many mipmaps)...
  6. C

Glad to hear it! You're very welcome; I'm always pleased to hear that my stuff is still useful.
  7. C

Problems with the Saved Game Editor should be addressed in the Saved Game Editor thread. I'm afraid I don't support the Saved Game Editor, since I didn't make it, but Tommy or Guy can probably help you get it up and running. If you can't get it running, upload your saved game to a place like...
  8. C

Chasing Angus

Check out this page of the Witcher Wiki for how to find Angus after he's run off: http://witcher.gamepedia.com/Angus%27_house
  9. C

REDKit for Witcher 1 Too?

http://www.mediafire.com/?ajbmlzc93o500fv
  10. C

early silver sword in Witcher 1

Or you can use the Genie Wish Mod to give yourself a silver sword.
  11. C

[TW1] [mod] Many Items Mod Menu

Of course. All the mods I know about work with Steam; just make sure you install the mod to the right directory.
  12. C

[TW1][mod] Stuff that make Geralt's life easier!!

I just tried it, and the download worked fine for me. Make sure you're logged in to the forum before you download, and it should work.
  13. C

[TW1] [mod] Many Items Mod Menu

Nexus may be fixed by now, but just in case, I've uploaded the file to MediaFire for you; you can find it at http://www.mediafire.com/download/421hgkii9huhkzk/Many_Items_Version_1_2-340-1-2.zip
  14. C

[TW1] [mod] Fair Kalkstein Mod

The README told you how to install the mod, and that is, in fact, the way that you're supposed to install the mod. So there's nothing incorrect in the README. Most users do not want to know anything besides how to install the mod and what it is supposed to do; indeed, most users find it...
  15. C

[TW1] [mod] Fair Kalkstein Mod

Your problem is simply that you don't understand how the game files are organized. Most of the files that the game uses are compressed into bif files. If you look in your Data directory, you'll see a file named dialogues00.bif. The game reads the many hundreds of individual dialogues from...
  16. C

I have a problem, Cannot change some object names(placeables)

Here, I just went and did this, to show that you can: Then in game: For the changes to show up in-game, the changed UTP files must be in your Data folder. For the file to save successfully, you need the mesh for the file you're changing (the MDB file) in your Data/Templates/Placeables...
  17. C

You CAN change object names using UTP files, so if it isn't working for you, then something about your setup isn't right. Have you unbiffed the object meshes and put them in your Data folder? Djinni needs for the meshes to be available when it's saving the UTP file. Edited to Add: You need...
  18. C

You should never change the name in the MODEL NAME box; that name lets the game know which model to use and is not a name that's displayed to players. The only name you should change is the one in the very first box, the NAME box. I think you may be having trouble saving the file because...
  19. C

[TW1][mod] Stuff that make Geralt's life easier!!

This mod does work with Steam, but it conflicts with a whole lot of other mods, pretty much anything that uses the custom_script.ncs and def_arealoaded.ncs files. This includes a lot of mods that are in frequent use, such as Full Combat Rebalance, the Scabbard Mod, the Genie Mod, and a lot of...
  20. C

TW1 Darker map

You can adjust the gamma for the game in the Options menu, which might help some. When you say that the "map" is too light, do you mean the actual map -- what you get when you hit "M" -- do you mean the minimap that's displayed in the corner, or do you mean the locations that Geralt's running...
Top Bottom