Search results

+
  1. M

Has ANYBODY had success with the offset: 0042432a error?

SUCCESS!For a totally other reason, I re-formatted my main drive, installed a fresh copy of Windows XP sp2, installed net framework 2, net framework sp1, net framework 3, net framework 3.5.Then, just the latest drivers for my vid card, sound card, and the august 08 Direct X.Then, I installed a...
  2. M

Ok, here's the errlog.txt for booting in safe mode and launchinghttp://pastebin.com/f3142f6aaHere's the errlog.txt for booting in safe mode and launching with my diomidi.dll disabledhttp://pastebin.com/m50b702f5Here's the errlog.txt for booting in normal modehttp://pastebin.com/m702cd72aHere's...
  3. M

Ok, tried that, same resluts. Error offset: 0042432aBut hey, if I started in safe mode, and NO drivers are loaded and I still got the same error, why would disbling just those drivers alone work, as opposed to all drivers?
  4. M

I also did a "clean boot" using the procedure found on the ati site for my vid card. #14 on this page http://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&questionID=28022I still got the crash error, offset:0042432aAnd, just to say I tried, I also booted up in safe mode...
  5. M

Ok, disabled ATI Tray tools, and pretty much everything else I had running in the background, and still the same crash with error offset: 0042432a
  6. M

Ok, here's my Witcher crash log.http://pastebin.com/f70848169
  7. M

I don't understand? It says it's 12kb when I'm looking at it in the folder. I open the file, and the text is there. It only turns to 0kb when I attach and post it here. I even compressed to .rar and posted it...still 0kb. Would you mind if I just pasted it in a reply?
  8. M

All I have in that folder is the crash.dmp file. Did you mean errlog.txt?
  9. M

CD Projekt should hire you, or someone like you for their team, Lovely_Psycho, or at least reward you guys for the QC work you guys are doing, since they obviously didn't do this process to begin with. GREAT work! (matty applauds)
  10. M

To answer your question, Marcus_de_Tycho, yes, I've tried the sound acceration to the left ...i've tried it all the way off, i've tried everything that has been suggested.By the way, Lovely Psycho, thanks for all the work. You're telling us way more than any of the moderators, or developers, and...
  11. M

Has ANYBODY had success with the offset: 0042432a error? Has ANYBODY had success with the offset: offset 0042432a error?I've posted the proper ways (pcwizard report, system specs, etc.) searched through the forums, tried all the sound fixes.Anybody reporting success for this particular offset?
  12. M

Windows XP - crashing ( not sound related )

Well, with exception of the first time I patched (which took 10 mins, at most) usually it takes almost an hour for me. But, I don't know if it worked fully or not, as soon as I click "launch game", it takes a few secs, and crashes. Installed over 8 times.
  13. M

Not getting much help from tech support either...Not "yeah, they're working on it" or anything close to proper communication. Very dissapointing. Spent a week trying to sort out this problem, and the most help I've gotten is from the users themselves, which is great, btw. I'm sure the developers...
  14. M

Booted into a Diagnostic startup using msconfig, made sure everything was turned off (especially McAfee and Net Nanny) using Task Manager.Did a clean install, patched to 1.4 and still the error:AppName: witcher.exe AppVer: 1.4.5.1282 ModName: witcher.exeModVer: 1.4.5.1282 Offset: 0042432aSo...
  15. M

I just used Total Commander to check out the .bif files on my system, and sure enough most of them are empty.As far as installing and applying patch 1.4, as I've previously said, I've done this several times, with no interruptions on my part ,I just step away from the computer and let the patch...
  16. M

I don't mean to ask a dumb question, but if this is "unofficial", does the real studio know what's going on and working on all these problems?I also tried vodoo's approach and downloading the replacement mss.dll, and binkw32.dll + the miles folder. Replaced the existing ones with these, and I...
  17. M

I've never done this before, so how do I check to see if the .bif files are zeroed?And if they are, Licaon, and your answer is re-install, and patch to 1.4, I've already done this about 8 times already (just to get ahead of myself and predict the future)By the way, Licaon, is there any clue to...
  18. M

As TITLT's solution involves buying a new copy of the EE (which isn't gonna happen) AND replacing parts of new with the old, I find it highly unlikelythat I will try this. I'll wait for the developer to fix this, or a reasonable solution to come around. Thanks anyway, Lovely Psycho
  19. M

Yes, that didn't work either. I originally posted my problem in this thread because I had tried all the sound problem fixes just to seeif that was the problem I was having, and none of them have worked, just like this one. So, I'm assuming (until proven otherwise)that this isn't a sound related...
  20. M

Tried mcerion's to the letter, including latest sound card driver (audigy 2 zs) and cleaning registry, etc.I'm still having this error:AppName: witcher.exe AppVer: 1.4.5.1282 ModName: witcher.exeModVer: 1.4.5.1282 Offset: 0042432a
Top Bottom