Search results

+
  1. E

Is Geralt Really Doing the Wrong Thing?

Monsters in the witcher universe don't kill just because they are hungry. Partly they kill just for the thrill of killing or revenge, wicked nature etc. Even if the woman had killed wounded and eaten their flesh she would have done it because she was hungry. That doesn't make her a monster, just...
  2. E

The information you get regarding abigale is ambigious at best. In essence you are making a choice with a blindfold on. Malena is a different matter, but then again the situation is quite different. Geralt is on the road in the trailer, probably in a hurry. In Flotsam his got all the time he...
  3. E

I think that the trailer mirrors the games and books quite well. The choice Gerlat makes is not the best possible choice one could make in the situation. Clearly if Geralt was a righteous saint he would stop, ask politely of the soldiers to stop raping and tormenting the suspect, and investigate...
  4. E

Witcher Sword fighting styles

My longsword weights 1360 g, so basically next to nothing. Blossfechten means literally "fighting to the openings". The point is to strike to one of the four openings and at the same time protect yourself. In blossfechten every defense is an attack, so that you can move from nach to vor (from...
  5. E

Nilfgaard: Vrans epidemic,Prototype Megascope and Cynthia

Well making irrational decisions is not the same thing as outplaying someone. While the estabilishing of the council and conclave might not have be in Radovid's best interests, killing the wizards is quite contrary to his interests as well. Apart from that I think that killing Cynthia is the...
  6. E

What happened to TW2's outstanding armor design?

Realism with armours is never a bad thing. However I don't think that many of the armours shown in TW2 were realistic (at least the ones Geralts wore). Tw1 armours were a lot better. Another point I would want to make is that chain mail is very flexible. If you got the stamina to wear it ( it...
  7. E

Quest Ideas For Witcher 3

Few ideas, taken from some novels: There could be a quest about winning Yens heart. After all shes been alive quite a while, and she could easily have gotten together with someone. A quest where Geralt has to compete with another NPC about Yens favor could be nice. A quest where you free a...
  8. E

Anais or Triss?

I never rescued Anais. There is no emotional tie between Geralt and her, and the bond between Geralt and Triss is very strong. Of course it doesn't have to be, but in my opinion this game is about saving Triss and clearing your name. Everything else just makes it harder to make the "right"...
  9. E

So Geralt is still fine with Triss?

I think it is important to notice that no one could actually tell Geralt who he was before. Who could know Geralt that well? Triss had her own perspective on who Geralt was, as did Zolie and Dandelion. All they could have told Geralt is how they saw him. And in some passages in W1 they actually...
  10. E

Game jerky after EE

I quickly tired the game with new resolution and it ran much smoother! Thanks for the tip. I have to test it a bit more to know if the issue is gone, but it is definetly better now. Thanks!
  11. E

Game jerky after EE

I already have the lowest possible specs, though it used to run on medium. I'll try the different screen resolution.
  12. E

Game jerky after EE

Game jerky after EE After installing the EE patch the gameplay has become incredibly jerky.I bought the game as a box. The opening cinematics and game menu works fine, but the game it self doesn't. It has not yet crashed to desktop, but I think that is only due good luck. Here are my system...
  13. E

Radovid in Loc Muinne

For some reason I have the idea that magic doesn't work inside Loc Muine, or the place where the summit is held. I think that might be a reason to attack the lodge there. A few mages could ruin any plans and have a huge diplomatic leverage if they can turn you into cinders. But if the mages are...
  14. E

wonder who the philosophy fan among the devs is

Actually Kierkegaard is not pronounced as most people pronounce it, including Zoltan. But that might be beside the point. I really love the easter eggs in witcher, especially teh philosophical ones since I'm studing philosophy. It would be nice to be polish to understand all the easter eggs. At...
  15. E

Sapkowski fantasy world

Thanks!
  16. E

Sapkowski fantasy world

Somebody mentioned that some of Sapkowskis work has been translated by fans. Is this true? I would like to get my hands on those, since the only ones I have read are The last wish and Blood of the elves. If someone could post a link to the fan-translated books I would be very very happy...
  17. E

Geralt's look... always updated with new appearances

I had not seen the picture of Geralt that Blooddragon posted on this page before. I think it's awesome, and if Geralts final face is going to look something like that I will be very happy. Though I like Geralts face in TW, it was kind of motinoless and had really only one expression (still it...
  18. E

What are they saying?

It's fame if I remember correctly. It could also be name.
  19. E

Board opened!

Argh! Why does it seem that the polish forum has much more info about TW2? I want to learn the language!
  20. E

[Act III] Gold Rush fight in basement of bank HELP

Go up the stairs and use yrden. That way you will only be fighting one opponent at a time and as a bonus the opponent can't fight you.
Top Bottom