Search results

+
  1. M

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is coming to the next generation!

Yes, of course, I was assuming that CD Projekt achieved those improved loading times not only by utilizing the ssd, but also by removing duplicate assets. If they remove duplicate assets, then performance can drop on a HDD install of the Witcher if I understand it correctly. Perhaps not in the...
  2. M

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is coming to the next generation!

I think you'd want to have it installed on an SSD if you don't want to see performance drop. They probably reduced duplicate assets on the remaster, reducing game files and loading times. 1599229460 Looking at the PS5 and Xbox specs, I don't think you have to be too worried.
  3. M

FP VS TP - perspective matters

Hey man, stop using those big words please. This isn't politics, you don't have to impress anyone. And if anything, your character gets less attention with a FPP camera, so your statements about ego and selfishness of the protagonist make no sense. CD project red is by no means an...
  4. M

A cramped space is a space in which the third person camera can no longer stay in it's fixed position. It rather has to slide across a wall and come closer to your character. It can either give you a peeking advantage or it hinders your view. And why risk that when you can just use a first...
  5. M

I think it's not a suitable perspective for every player, you disagree but give no arguments that support your opinion. Give me an example of a TPP perspective shooter where there are cramped spaces.
  6. M

Enironmental storytelling is at a much smaller scale (phones, screens etc.) instead of large scale (buildings, bodies, bloodsplats etc.) in the Witcher. You have to be up close to see the environment they want you to see. It's also a shooter, you're no longer swinging around a sword, you have to...
  7. M

In the first place, a players' perspective has to serve gameplay. It has to allow for optimal player control and superior viewing angles. And when you're talking about a Witcher game, where you're swinging around swords in all directions and casting AOE signs, a third person perspective enhances...
  8. M

In Defense of the First Person Perspective

Doesn't increasing FOV help at all? I mean, it's a real shame FPP makes you nauseous, but I doubt they'll be able to get all gameplay elements working in TPP. Think for example about an eye that gives you a HUD, I don't see how you'd make that work in TPP without sacrificing immersion. You'd...
Top Bottom