Search results

+
  1. Gwydden

Are you disappointed?

TW3's main story was too long. TW3's map was too large. Ah, yes, the one thing I've always yearned to do in a video game: take the subway. Well, not the one thing, I've also dreamed of doing my taxes and getting a prostate exam, but such is virtual life. Alas, poor Flathead. I knew him well...
  2. Gwydden

Cyberpunk 2077 – Deep Dive Video

If anything kills this game, is going to be the hype. I've seen nothing that puts it at a disadvantage with popular ARPG franchises like The Witcher and Mass Effect, which have similarly terrible gameplay and RPG mechanics. But CP77 is clearly not going to be GTA, Halo, Burnout Paradise, or even...
  3. Gwydden

That particular instance appears to have been a bit of a moral panic, but I can't say I blame them too much in light of CDPR's history. Up until Hearts of Stone, the only nonwhite character in their games was a racist caricature worthy of old man Robert E. Howard himself. If they are in fact...
  4. Gwydden

I wish there were more non-combat skills. Techie and Netrunner builds appear to be limited to prioritizing the relevant stats and maxing the Technical or Hacking skill tree, respectively. I'm sure gear and augments will provide additional customization in that regard, but I do think this makes...
  5. Gwydden

Customization seems so limited/poor..

Game's eight months away. It wouldn't surprise me if they've barely worked on CC and this is just a placeholder. There doesn't even seem to be an option for hair color.
  6. Gwydden

This is why I do not share in the wailing and gnashing of teeth about the game that you're bound to see every now and then. It actually looks better than I expected — it's not like TW3 had a good progression system, distinct builds, or non-lethal gameplay. And the combat, driving, and so on were...
  7. Gwydden

FPP/TPP Perspective Thread OPEN. Be NICE.

With Cyberpunk and The Outer Worlds, my guess is that the logic went "futuristic, therefore guns, therefore FPP." Plus the latter is clearly in the mold of New Vegas, while the former is at least partially inspired by Deus Ex. Bloodlines 2 devs have called it an immersive sim, so they were...
  8. Gwydden

What is your biggest fear regarding CP2077

Who fed the gremlins after midnight? Nah.
  9. Gwydden

E3 2019 & post-E3 2019 - Media News & Previews

There is still the better part of a year left before release. The should not have gone for an almost two-year long marketing campaign, but that ship sailed at last year's E3.
  10. Gwydden

Greedfall: A weird Victorian/fantasy hybrid open-world RPG from Spiders

I believe they're French, so the term fits. This is a strange forum to dump on eurojank, considering TW1 and arguably even TW2. If CDPR could get out of that hole with TW3, and Larian with D:OS1, then there's no fundamental law of the gaming universe that should prevent Spiders from doing...
  11. Gwydden

What is your biggest fear regarding CP2077

Assuming you didn't mean it as a rhetorical question, my guess would be that violence has been gameyfied so much that doing so just comes easy to both developers and their audience. By comparison, there is no general consensus on how to make, say, social interaction or hacking into compelling...
  12. Gwydden

So much of the preemptive disillusionment with this game comes down to mismanaged expectations, which ultimately one can lay at CDPR's feet for announcing it way, waaaaaay too early, then getting all coy about it. So then you get all the people expecting GTA: Futuristic Edition, the most...
  13. Gwydden

It's curious which games can get away with what. Letting the player kill children would be PR suicide for CDPR, but people have been killing, torturing, and mutilating children (not to mention raping women) in Crusader Kings 2 for years, to the point that it's become a meme within the fandom...
  14. Gwydden

I'm intrigued by a couple of Fallout-inspired ones e.g. Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones and Colony Ship: A Post-Earth Roleplaying Game. First one's supposed to come out Q3 this year; second one a year from now. My problem with mainstream ones, which for my purposes Greedfall qualifies as, is...
  15. Gwydden

It looks mildly interesting, but Spiders have this unshakable discount Bioware vibe about them. Less of a problem with Bioware's current state, I suppose, but I think I'll wait until plenty of reviews are available and there's been time for a good discount to set in. Out of curiosity, any...
  16. Gwydden

The General Videogame Thread

@Snowflakez Are you the one who's a fan of Stardew Valley and The Sims and would insist they counted as RPGs? I hope I am remembering correctly. I am fairly certain you recommended Witchbrook to me, at least. Thought you might get a kick out of this: sandbox fantasy RPG inspired by SV, but with...
  17. Gwydden

Weekly Poll 7/8/19 - Which V Are You Gonna Be?

Male. I usually have no strong preference either way, and these last few years I've tended to alternate in the RPGs I've played i.e. female in Shadowrun: Dragonfall, male in Shadowrun: Hong Kong; female in Divinity: Original Sin, male in Divinity: Original Sin 2, etc. This is because...
  18. Gwydden

I don't know about the people at CDPR but, at this point, I am the one sighing in frustration every time someone shows up with the misconception that Cyberpunk is some sort of GTA-like sandbox, only with a futuristic theme.
  19. Gwydden

Players can play the entire game without killing an enemy if you wish -- HOLY CRAP!!!

Maybe so. But in that case, the gameplay demo we saw already dramatically departed from the source material, since I recall V cutting through Maelstrom like a knife through butter. If I believed combat would have the level of lethality you suggest I'd be more inclined to agree with you, since...
  20. Gwydden

Players can play the entire game without killing an enemy if you wish -- HOLY CRAP!!!

Not killing anyone is a rather meager accomplishment to make one patron saint of Night City. The reason I like this development is that it allows me to roleplay a greater variety of characters. Maybe you avoid killing people because of your naturally compassionate nature. Maybe you find the...
Top Bottom