Search results

+
  1. Loostreaks

Issues with Gunplay with Cyberpunk

I've made this thread on Reddit, hoping developers will see it here. Some comparisons: 1. Gun sounds: Standard Pistol/auto fire in 2077: Now compare it with same type of weapon in different game/similar setting: You can hear how "beefier" is the sound in Syndicate, with a far more...
  2. Loostreaks

CDPR, please take note from Dying Light ( on First Person camera and movement/animations)

I've posted this on reddit, but here there can be a better comparison. Gameplay overall seems solid, but weakest point in the demo ( imo, of course) is camera and how it flows with player movement. You can see right at the beginning, how "free" and loose it feels, completely smooth vertical...
  3. Loostreaks

Is this localized map?

For how it will work in the game ( possibly more intended netrunner, for easy reconaissance, to instantly see different pathways, layout, etc). There is a brief display of Maelstrom's hideout during Deshawn's segment: First an overall view, then, a zoom in, on the entrance: Looks pretty good...
  4. Loostreaks

Better implementation of Adrenaline mechanic

From what I could tell it seems similar to Witcher III : increases on every successful player hit, faster player speed during slow mo ( which seems integral to gameplay). It seems ok, but I think CDPR could do a lot more with it. One advantage RPGs have over shooters ( here) is using...
  5. Loostreaks

Itemization and Loot from ( what we saw in) the demo

First the good news ( great in fact)...there does not seem to be any levelled weapons ( you have to be lvl x to equip an item and DPS scales based on it): https://imgur.com/a/SlIFlRs https://imgur.com/a/4r0qSvo Seems they went with horizontal variation, similar to Mass Effect II/III, while...
  6. Loostreaks

Some concerns of Leveling system

"We have Attributes like STR, REF etc. which can be raised by leveling up and Installing body cyberware; - Personally, I'm not a fan of this, espec in open world-ers. These games tend to have far higher ( 50+) player max levels, which leads to out of control stat inflation. And then developers...
  7. Loostreaks

You draw a gun in the middle of the street and start shooting at everyone. What happens?

a) ( some) Civilians fight back b) Very quick dispatch of Psycho squad: no win situation for the player ( scripted stun grenade, like in Fallout III) c) You can quickly surrender...throw your gun away, contextual prompt lie on the ground, hands above your head. Trial and Prison time. Depending...
  8. Loostreaks

Will inspection skill play a part in quests/dialogue?

This is more question for the devs, if they can answer this. With First Person view and level of detail in the world ( at least, as mentioned from reports on the demo), this would be a good way to reward players who really take time to explore their surroundings. Making your character feel like...
  9. Loostreaks

Two weeks after: your thoughts on CDPR's vision of Cyberpunk

We've heard enough from press at this point ( and probably there won't be anything big until Gamescom). I'm curious what everyone's sum impressions are, after years of silence from CDPR and we all probably dreamed up "ideal Cyberpunk game" along the way. Did it live up to it, turning out...
  10. Loostreaks

Character Appearance Thread

Every series needs one, something that's instantly recognizable to the public, that visually piques their interest. Anyone remember a single character from Battleborn? Lawbreakers? Blizzard on the other hand did fantastic job with Overwatch's huge range of visually distinctive characters. Even a...
  11. Loostreaks

Character abilities ( that we know of)?

From the demo. - Classic Bullet time...gained through inhaler. Not sure if it's player activated or auto triggered in certain condition ( like in Vanquish)? Seems they added some nice visual effects, and player moves faster than enemies. - Ricocheting bullets of walls/objects. Apparently some...
  12. Loostreaks

Is "V" a streetname/handle?

As it says. This could be simple way to make player give name his/her own character, simply for the it's-fully-your-own-character "flavor", but still have the world/npcs refer to you as Real character with actual name. At certain opportunities, in text format, game would fall back to your birth...
  13. Loostreaks

Question for Devs on Lifepaths

At one point in the demos it's mentioned, she is sort of a "party animal" ( or whatever the expression is here). Do lifepaths work here like in most rpgs ( in the form of usual extra available options with dialogue, and different reactions from npcs), or certain cut/scenes will play out...
  14. Loostreaks

One thing that concerns me: Levels

So we've all seen previews by the press. Mindblowingly positive, everything CDPR did in the past well, is now even better and on grander scale, only this time with deep mechanics and great gameplay. But one thing I've heard mentioned instantly set alarms in my head: NPC have levels. And...
  15. Loostreaks

"Job system" would work great in city based rpg/sandbox

"Job system" would work great in city based rpg/sandbox 1. It would add another layer of progression You start as no name, doing more easy, simple "quests" and work your way up, assigned better paying, more complex tasks. Your "rank" would be based on how you perform: this could also...
  16. Loostreaks

Witcher Mutagens are a concern on how CDPR will implement Cyberware

Witcher Mutagens are a concern on how CDPR will implement Cyberware Two very different games ( mechanically), but this is something they share similarities with. Here people enhance their bodies with cybernetic implants, in Sapkowski's universe children are subjected to mutagens, more...
Top Bottom