Search results

+
  1. N

This Game Is Rigged

Here's the scene. I've won R1, and decided to push R2. I keep playing cards until I'm down to the last card, but there's only 6 points in it, most reasonable cards would be 6 points or more. My opponent HAS to win R2. So I'm down to 2 cards, they're down to 3. I play a Heatwave and all I've got...
  2. N

Any decks that make you feel frustrated?

There is no creativity across the entire player base. None. Nobody tries to build their own deck, aside from I suppose a few on here. But the VAST majority just copy something they've seen. Alongside that, every NG deck is disgusting to play against. Whether beating you with your own cards, or...
  3. N

The problem with SY

A simpler idea would be to allow units to use row placement to target coins (ranged) or damage (melee). Doesn't have to be every card, but every faction has a way of dealing with each others "specials" (locks, purify, etc.), so why can't they have a number of dual purpose units and make more use...
  4. N

The problem with SY

I think simply having an uninteractive aspect uniquely assigned to one faction is wrong. Faction identifiers, like Patience, or Spying is fine, but having something that can be stored without impact, then used for hugely powerful swings makes no sense. Tunnel Drill and Freakshow both need a...
  5. N

Echo definitely should be removed. Resilience is enough.
  6. N

Surely Spell'a'tel with Gord too. Or the OP could be right and just doesn't GG the opponent, it's not like they're punching the oppo in the face! When I played, I actually saw GG as the opposite - as a means to say to someone "you did well, fair play". I would GG about once every 10 or more...
  7. N

Oh, mate - if I could give my scraps and cards to someone, I would. I'm this close to terminating my account, so sick to death of the temptation of playing this rancid frigging game. It's either play removal, or get beat off the less than 4 or 5 META's in constant rotation. Unless you play the...
  8. N

Every deck. The game is set up to piss you off. "Oh, let me add some NR Mages who are row locked." Next three opponents - ST movement or White Frost. "Oh, Melusine looks fun." Next opponents - NG, with Yenn:Invocation played on Melusine every time. "Maybe I'll try this ST spell deck, might...
  9. N

Not enjoying the NR mages. Very repetitive, because they are so consistent. Actually, all decks I face are just shit. Repetitive boredom. Spellatel, NR mages, or a couple of varieties of NG and SY. I burns your eyeballs.
  10. N

Practice mode as bad as ranked?

Ah this is interesting; is it, in fact, due to too few "archetypes" that actually makes everything look very myopic and one dimensional? Is that just a restriction of a card game that in effect can't be much more than boost/damage? Is there a need for a lot more diversity of playstyles? Is it...
  11. N

I can't stand seasonal. Boils down to even fewer META's than ranked. Why does anybody need to practice decks that are mostly autopilot? Swear to God I keep trying and have had ONE different match, but even that was just Keltullis META so my homebrew had no answer. Just seems like variety is...
  12. N

Can anyone explain to me why so many "players" (I'll use the term loosely, as they're all just playing someone else's deck) are using the same decks in ranked, but in practice mode??? I genuinely cannot fathom the kind of people playing this game, they make no sense to me. There's no attempt to...
  13. N

Why are we not talking Gord?

If Kingslayer appears once, it'll apper at least four times or more, along with 2 x Cantarella and Traeharn. Mill will get rid of 7 of your cards, which - as has been pointed out repeatedly elsewhere - is very toxic and should be nerfed to oblivion. Traeharn should be 8 prov, Cantarella 9 and...
  14. N

Gwent Strategy Articles

Fantastically eloquent way to express just how awful it is facing Mill or Clog decks. Strategic guides against them are really limited and down to RNG, so here's my strategic suggestion to everyone reading this - the instant you see a Traehern, Viper Witcher, Cynthia, etc. just quit the game...
  15. N

The only people who prefer it now didn't play beta!! Or at least I've never seen anyone say it's a better game now. Fair points, I just think we don't have one or the other - we have sizeable swings and a handful of "finishers", which are polarized by the need to counter, then a number of...
  16. N

The problem with SY

It's 7 provs and requires almost no set-up, in the sense that every, single SY deck runs Ferko/Justice. Why not just allow it to do more damage, but only once per turn (like Menge with bounty). So 2 damage on its' own, 3 next to one Crownsplitter, 4 between two. I mean, Hefty Helga is 8 provs, 4...
  17. N

I disagree completely, because you then add yet more polarization - last play or die, which in itself is entirely reliant on the 'random' initial deal (i.e. whoever gets "luckiest" will automatically win). If it's all about last play, then you're just wasting 10 minutes playing a match over a...
  18. N

If you could, would you "switch off" NG as an opponent?

As the question suggests, I grew so sick of having to deal with NG's toxic play I uninstalled Gwent. I wanted to ask the community if you would turn off NG opponents if you could, and if the feeling is strong enough urge CDPR to do something about the faction.
  19. N

Agreed, hence the post elsewhere on the binary nature of the game. I only played to do something different. It's so painful to see so many players NR stripes, MO relict or NG spying endlessly. Each to their own, but I don't know why people don't explore the fun to be had instead of just copying...
  20. N

You're probably right. CDPR don't seem to have the faintest idea what to do half the time. Megascope, except you have greatswords so it's 4 prov for 10 points. Tunnel drill, with brain-free set up, can smash through 20+ points a single turn. Similar numbers for Freakshow. Gord and its' 20+...
Top Bottom