Search results

+
  1. Archan6el

Legends of Runeterra (Amazing new card game)

If both players would draw all their cards, the deciding factors would be the strength of the cards/deck and the skill of the player. To allow winning based on skill (as Gwent is advertised), all cards/decks need to be well balanced to have variety and a skill-based game. That's the difficulty...
  2. Archan6el

I don't think Gwent is too consistent. I think seeing the same over and over is because of a combination of: - not enough cards that do different interesting things, new cards that do something similar but better (power creep) - some bad balancing leading to a smaller pool of the strongest cards...
  3. Archan6el

The execution of balancing in Gwent may be horrible, but the idea behind it is good. I think deck diversity in LoR is larger because so many decks are "viable" simply because the large draw RNG reduces the win rate of even the strongest or most consistent decks. Some cards and mechanics are very...
  4. Archan6el

I've been playing LoR quite a lot now. It's fun, but I do have some issues with it. With a 40 card deck, starting with 4 cards in hand and drawing only one card per turn, the draw RNG is huge. In Gwent, I feel like I am playing my deck, in LoR, the deck/draw RNG is playing me. Especially late...
  5. Archan6el

Scenarios and Artifact removal.

Scenarios and quite a few other broken or simply unfun cards and mechanics that got introduced since HC made me stop playing. Funnily enough, these cards and mechanics are still there but are pushed to the background by new problematic cards.
  6. Archan6el

[Feedback/Idea] How to make Gwent less luck dependent

With less draw RNG, all decks would be able to play the strongest cards and combo's more consistently. Of course this is also true for control decks, giving more consistent control. Building a control deck that effectively controls and wins against every other deck should not be possible. If...
  7. Archan6el

[Feedback/Idea] How to make Gwent less luck dependent

Spot on. Because of draw RNG, every deck building exercise is focused on reducing the effect of draw RNG to get a more consistent and thus viable deck. That is severely reducing deck building opportunities and that's why you only see a limited amount of decks, especially when there are also some...
  8. Archan6el

Why blame the players?

That's not a rant, but a valid response and explanation of how someone feels. If people don't like something, they will not play it, buy it or even accept it. It's up to the devs to create something that people like. Instead of seeming haughty about someone not getting "your point" and accusing...
  9. Archan6el

Why blame the players?

A root cause solution is the only solution. If some people like playing toxic decks, constantly emoting during the game, doing other annoying stuff and copying (meta)decks, how can they be blamed? Blame them for their personality and liking different things than you? No. The game allows it. The...
  10. Archan6el

Why blame the players?

Very true. That's why responsible people build flood barriers. For a game, those responsible people are the devs.
  11. Archan6el

Why blame the players?

Good point. No one is forcing you to be annoyed. If you get annoyed, blame yourself for choosing to play a game that is annoying you. And if the devs choose to ignore or fail to address major concerns from players, they can blame themselves if Gwent is not as successful as they hoped it would be.
  12. Archan6el

I don't like all the cards and abilities that target the Nexus directly. I guess they added this stuff to make games shorter, but for me it really takes away from the fun of the (strategic) battle to get through the defenses. Elusive is a similar problem.
  13. Archan6el

So you haven't encountered the Maokai - Nautilus tosser deck yet, obliterating your deck and going deep in round 5. One of the most broken things I have seen. Any "normal" deck doesn't seem to have a chance. :giveup:
  14. Archan6el

Next to powercreep, they also added more RNG and some toxic mechanics like Maokai milling your deck down to 4 cards when he levels up and some cheap cards that draw cards from YOUR deck (see the cheap and lame insta-lose combo?). Some new stuff is good and some of it is bad. It cannot be called...
  15. Archan6el

Yes, there are card draw tools. But isn't it bad that you need to auto-include these? And you still need to draw them - same story all over. I too find the draw system of Gwent much better. Time to be less traditional and more revolutionary.
  16. Archan6el

LoR's endgame can quite often be really horrible, with both players out of cards and drawing one card each round, hoping to get the best one. That's pure RNG and a very bad experience. In later rounds, I think players should draw more cards, with a mulligan. Let the game be decided through play...
  17. Archan6el

I would like to see variety created through having multiple viable cards and decks, not draw RNG in the same few tier 1 decks. Gwent becomes difficult to balance due to bad mechanics like Poison, Defender, Destroy and binary artifacts. The provision system can work really well, but I think it's...
  18. Archan6el

It seems Gwent makes you think like this, because you find all matches in Gwent the same. The problem in Gwent is not the relatively small amount of draw RNG, but the lack of variety in decks due to the devs continuously creating some OP cards (and decks) and not balancing the game. If players...
  19. Archan6el

I agree with all that. Several cards and combos need appropriate balancing. There are quite a few ways to counter, which makes it interesting. But a bit too often, draw RNG can make it unfun by simply not letting you draw any of the cards you need. Top-deck dependent winning or losing is not...
  20. Archan6el

I understand, but I hate "balancing" through RNG. These insanely powerful combos need to be toned down in parallel, making the outcome more dependent on strategic play and less on draw RNG and related OP combos. It's all too extreme right now.
Top Bottom