The Official Witcher Wiki has moved

+
The Official Witcher Wiki has moved

The Official Witcher Wiki is now being hosted by Curse. Those of you who have not made it over to Curse yet can find the wiki's new home at http://witcher.gamepedia.com

The primary reason for the move was Wikia's increasingly heavy-handed censorship of the information on the wiki (notably, but not restricted to the romance cards from the original game). Additionally, Wikia has steadily decreased the amount of space devoted to articles in favour of more space for ads (both for themselves and their sponsors).

CD Projekt RED (big shout out to Marcin!) has very generously agreed to endorse the wiki at its new location.

If you were a regular (or even occasional) contributor to the wiki, you can reclaim your account at our new location. I would, however, advise you to first create an account at www.curse.com to facilitate the process. **Note**: You should not actually be logged in to your Curse account when you reclaim your old Wikia account and you only need to do this if your username is in the list of usernames already at Curse (http://witcher.gamepedia.com/Special:ListUsers)

Known issues include:
  • Curse does not support spaces in usernames.
  • Not having a Curse account before logging in to the new wiki can make the process more challenging
  • There is a chance that someone else has already created an account using your preferred name

Should you encounter any issues, by all means, contact me via the wiki (or email witcherwiki [at] gmail.com) and i'll do everything i can to help get back up and running.

Hope to see you all at the new wiki!

Oh yes! yes! I was waiting for this! Thank you a lot Game Widow and Marcin
I hope this time they won't delete any category.

And about ads: I've also received that info from Wikia general admin, which made me want to bash the keyboard with head. I'm glad that Curse has a limit to ads.

Also I recommend to use AD Block Plus add-on for your browser, to block any distractful annoying ads banner.

I'm happy!

Great to see the move! I'd almost given up on wikia, not just for The Witcher, but for ALL wikis, after the recent changes.

But you weren't joking about
"Not having a Curse account before logging in to the new wiki can make the process more challenging"

Now we know that Wikia is a shit to restrict even the gore words. Thanks for moving the whole Witcher Wiki there. Will be sure to do for all the games, and if they include them in wikia, I'll ask them to move them to curse.com.

Once done, could you re-tell us of how can we translate them as normally we do? Thanks. :)

I wish I could smooth the process more, but please don't be put off!

For the other language versions, i'm working on moving them over too, so don't give up!

Awesomesauce. I frequent the wiki from time to time, glad to see it still up and rolling!

I would actually like to contribute some of my own articles, maybe make one on combat, but ever since I made some changes in an AssCreed 2 article, I've never wanted to go back. What happened was, I altered, tweaked and improved an article on armours in the wiki, then some fucking cunt came and screwed it all up. Pissed, I went back to rectify it but nope. The asshole some how banned me from writing anymore. So fuck it, I've given up wikis. Seems like the moderators or admins or whatever are proper assholes. I was just helping for fuck sake. Ah well...

FoggyFishburne said:
Awesomesauce. I frequent the wiki from time to time, glad to see it still up and rolling!

I would actually like to contribute some of my own articles, maybe make one on combat, but ever since I made some changes in an AssCreed 2 article, I've never wanted to go back. What happened was, I altered, tweaked and improved an article on armours in the wiki, then some fucking cunt came and screwed it all up. Pissed, I went back to rectify it but nope. The asshole some how banned me from writing anymore. So fuck it, I've given up wikis. Seems like the moderators or admins or whatever are proper assholes. I was just helping for fuck sake. Ah well...

I really hope that wouldn't be your experience at the Witcher wiki ... I might have some suggestions for improvement (depending on the content contributed!) but certainly an outright ban seems rather extreme.

I tried to reclaim my account and got stuck on this:

You can activate your account here by making an edit to your user page on the previous wiki.

I made an edit to my profile (I thought may be it monitors for updates as kind of validation) - but it didn't help. No idea what it means.

I think I saw this on the CP77 forums as well, a wiki not in wikia for censorship and other such shit. Well good to know, I like wikia but in this case needed

Guest 2091327

Removing the romance cards? "Oh noes, they show titties or worse! The humanity!!!"#!" What a bunch of mongs.

secondchildren said:
Also I recommend to use AD Block Plus add-on for your browser, to block any distractful annoying ads banner.

Can't recommend this warmly enough. It makes surfing the internet in general quite tolerable, without half the pages taken up by annoying ads and flash-crap (install flashblock too while you're at it).

Congratulations for moving the wiki to a better location. It's a great wiki, and I used it a lot, particularly to find out what books I need for this or that beast and so forth.

Gilrond said:
I tried to reclaim my account and got stuck on this:

I made an edit to my profile (I thought may be it monitors for updates as kind of validation) - but it didn't help. No idea what it means.

You need to put that code you were given in the Edit summary (on Wikia, it's at the top of the screen), not in your actual profile

I got the stage of:

We recently migrated all Witcher Wiki accounts into our Curse central authentication system. However, due to a potential naming conflict you need to manually migrate your account. You can do this by linking an existing Curse.com account or choosing a new username for your Curse.com account. The new username you choose or account username linked will be the name displayed on all Curse Network Wikis.

I'm trying to use "Link Existing Curse Account" puting old username and password, but it doesn't accept them... Or should I use the last offered code there? It doesn't work either.

Same here, Game widow: I did everything as instructed, edited my profile page with the given code, still when I log in on Curse it's stuck on "Reclaim your account".
I don't understand 1 thing: it asks you to use a different pw to reclaim your account? Different than your pw to log in to Curse?

@secondchildren: After putting the code in the modification summary on the old Wiki - it didn't work a few times (on reclaim page), but after several iterations it worked. I was stuck on the next step though (on "Link Existing Curse Account" option, in the "Merge Accounts" page).

I don't mind if new Wiki admins just delete all my accounts and I can register anew because current method is too messy.

Same with my account - but I think, it's only a lag. In my case it lasted about half an hour to work (from the reclaim > wikia Profile edit > first successful login at Curse).

That migration stuff got really messy. Can you please delete (or ask admins there to delete) these accounts:

Gilrond
Gilrond520

First one got migrated (I can't login with it though). Second one got created during the reclaim process and it offered to link them together and supposedly asks for password from the first account (it should be the same as on the old Wiki I guess?). But it doesn't accept the password. I don't mind if you delete all these users, and I'll just register anew.

Thanks!

Top Bottom