Anyone else tired of the endless cycle that has become the Scoiatael deck?

+
Anyone else tired of the endless cycle that has become the Scoiatael deck?

Anytime playing against a Scoiatael it becomes boring waiting while they play one card and go through the endless cycle and end up with six more cards played.It manages to take a short sweet game and make it boring and tedious.

I'm tired of ST redraw and NR PFI still. Have been tired of them for a while. They are the decks that just make me scratch my head every time, because it's the same plays from them every match. Not a matter of strategy, just a matter of no variety no required change of play from them. They don't do anything based on the other player's choices, they only dictate the match.

I'm not sure.. are you referring to chaining mercenary->first light->commando->mercenary etc.? thats the only chain I can think of. I've occasionally seen it from people but never to the extreme you're implying. maybe 3 or 4 cards chained.

Is there anything people do not get tired off? You, yes, you! Don't even think about writing what you're thinking about now.

'Hated' decks so far:
  • ST Mercenary chain
  • SK & NR resurrection chain
  • NR Poor Infantry
  • Monster Weather
So, lets try something different! Oh wait... new decks, new complains. Here we go again:
  • NR Radovid control
  • ST ambush control
I think the only deck people haven't complained about yet is Monster Devourer.

Yes, people are getting tired. This patch has been here for a month and playing vs ST, the most popular deck, is really boring

The ST deck is simple and for the most very very consistent hence why about 4 out of 5 of the top 50 play it, when you can thin out your deck into only your gold and silver cards its quite an advantage. I dont blame people for playing it, it's the best deck because you almost always have your 'base' cards, it's the same reason old skellige was so good, they could discard all their cards and always know the cards theyd have. Consistency is king.

I am NR player and I find it okay. It is better than before, when Isengrim and Aelirenn hadn't been nerfed yet, doing some crazy stuff on the board I couldn't see what was happening and then, bam!, freaking 50 STR on their side.
Also they can do a lot of dizzy things and take a lot of time but most of the units summoned are low strength so I don't mind. I can draw pretty much everything from my deck too so, again, I don't mind.

I don't think the OP is talking about anything related to balance, as far as i understand he is only complaining about the endless cycle of cards(Mercenary->Rally->Commando->Mercenary...), and i'm with him, it's tedious, but well, i guess we'll have to deal with it.

TheWalkingHawking;n7473100 said:
I don't think the OP is talking about anything related to balance, as far as i understand he is only complaining about the endless cycle of cards(Mercenary->Rally->Commando->Mercenary...), and i'm with him, it's tedious, but well, i guess we'll have to deal with it.

so dumb like 80 percent of the top play this deck and there isnt a real way to "counter" it its not balanced. its stupid.

SirloseAlot;n7473150 said:
so dumb like 80 percent of the top play this deck and there isnt a real way to "counter" it its not balanced. its stupid.

well.. like 4rm3d state people say the same things about NR and SK revive decks and various other complaints about various other decks.

4RM3D;n7472860 said:
Is there anything people do not get tired off? You, yes, you! Don't even think about writing what you're thinking about now.

'Hated' decks so far:
  • ST Mercenary chain
  • SK & NR resurrection chain
  • NR Poor Infantry
  • Monster Weather

So, lets try something different! Oh wait... new decks, new complains. Here we go again:
  • NR Radovid control
  • ST ambush control

I think the only deck people haven't complained about yet is Monster Devourer.

Karyn is so OP a gold card that can boost his base strength into to 50s is insanse!!!!!!!,m

There ya go, i do agree though everyone is bitching about something. Heres a spin on it for you if everything is OP isnt it balanced?

Azurewraith1000;n7473910 said:
There ya go, i do agree though everyone is bitching about something. Heres a spin on it for you if everything is OP isnt it balanced?

Perhaps there is merit in such thought...but then it would lead to death of the game. Personally a game where everyone runs similar decks, it becomes unfun to play. For example, I take no pleasure fighting against or using NR PFI decks or endless Squirrel decks.

When majority of people pile on some decks that only means there is no diversity in the game.

But that is the fate of every card game and they will always lack the diverse nature of Chess.

Last edited:
I'm much more tired of weather decks. They might not be the best decks anymore but god all this weather spamming is just boring. I prefer every skellige discard deck or scoiadeck I loose against to a boring weather deck I win against.

Weather is just a boring game mechanic and I would prefer if it would be taken out of the game entirely.

It's disgusting. They thin their whole deck in the first round while putting strength on their side and controlling opponent's. This garantees they use all their silvers, stall on the second round to make you bleed, and save 3-4 golds for the last round. There isn't much you can do. You kill one Mercenary, they just lay down another. And in the very few cases RNG isn't on their side, they can just use Francesca to get what they want.

Scoia Tael is all about merc FL combos and whatever else you have on screen getting fat while you do it, the goal is to get hawker's as fat as possible, or Ele'Yas or even using Isengrim to spawn neophytes.

Atp13;n7474980 said:
It's disgusting. They thin their whole deck in the first round while putting strength on their side and controlling opponent's. This garantees they use all their silvers, stall on the second round to make you bleed, and save 3-4 golds for the last round. There isn't much you can do. You kill one Mercenary, they just lay down another. And in the very few cases RNG isn't on their side, they can just use Francesca to get what they want.

Yeah, they thin the deck like no other, but isn't it lovely when you win the first round and force the ST player to replay their cards so many times that they draw their whole deck before last round? :p

TheWalkingHawking;n7476250 said:
Yeah, they thin the deck like no other, but isn't it lovely when you win the first round and force the ST player to replay their cards so many times that they draw their whole deck before last round? :p

At the top of the ladder every one of them run ciri dash for this exact reason, they cant run out of cards. they just get a giant gold card on the last round....

These ST decks are far from unbeatable. Many NR and SK decks can beat these.
Only Monsters struggle against these in the current meta (they struggle a bit against NR and SK as well).
This is from my personal experience, where I've played NR, ST and Monsters the most (ranked and casual).

SirloseAlot;n7476990 said:
At the top of the ladder every one of them run ciri dash for this exact reason, they cant run out of cards. they just get a giant gold card on the last round....

Yeah, i've seen that a lot already at 1600~

Top Bottom