My Top 5 reason why I play Gwent

+
My Top 5 reason why I play Gwent

There are a lot of hate threads lately agains Gwent in the open beta. So I though I tell you 5 reason why I like Gwent and will keep playing it till the end of the time.

1.Very generous.
I played so many other TCGs and most of them are a grind fest. Many of them only give you reward if you WIN games. Its possible to sit there for 3-4 houres without winning and getting nothing at all. Also, many quests ask you to play a special deck or special cards. What if I don't like that deck or those cards... well sucks to be you. In Gwent, you need to WIN rounds. But winning a round is easy. If you know you gonna lose anyway, you can try to win one round and you still get a keg at the end of the day. Besides you even get GG reward if you lose. getting 1-2 kegs a day is very easy and don't take away much time.

2.Amazing Art Style.
Most beautiful cards I ever saw in a card game. And every card has an animated version. This game has great board effects and almost every card has a voice line in the different language. CDPR put so much work into it. They could just give you normal cards with no sound. But nope, that's not how CDPR do business.

3.Skill-based game
(We are talking about the same deck strength here) I admit now the game feel a bit chaotic. Sometimes I meet decks which completely destroyed me because they have all the cards they need for their decks. But sometimes I still win those games because I was the better player. Go and have round one after using 3 gold and 2 silver cards. I gonna fight back in round 2 and 3. Everyone can only have 4 gold and 6 silver and there is almost no RNG. Skill is more important than luck. When you reach the rank ladder, you will meet players with the same deck strength.

4.Great company.
They developer visit Forums and answer questions. They thank us for the feedbacks.They thank us for helping them in the close beta and even give us kegs and other rewards. I played so many other close betas and none of them game me any rewards after the game was released. I think I got a "title" from an MMORPG. But that's it.
(I know there are still balance issues and problems but remember that's the first TCG they making. Also still beta) Give them time )

5.Good match length
I think that's a personal reason why I like Gwent. I work hard, have family and friends to take care. Also, play other games and watch movies-series after work. So time is precious for me. A Gwent match doesn't take a lot of time. Most matches I have taken about 10 minutes more or less. That's perfect. I can't wait for the Gwent mobile version.

Sounds like Fanboy talk, but you have to agree I am telling you the truth.

So what're your Top Reasons for playing Gwent?

Last edited:
Funny you made a thread on the basis of a lot of negative threads on the boards for a week.. I was going to start a similar topic ...you beat me. GG

I will agree with everything you said..because I feel the exact same ​​
Sure..there is still some things that need attention
but all in all I feel the game is in great hands..I have been a long time (fanboy) of CDPR..
I too have played many..many games from every development company out there.since 1982
games I like a lot..I become a forum junkie and try and help build the community...many games fall very short because the dev team after release just don't give 2 shits about the game..hell. battlefront EA has major issues and bugs since the damn launch. Now battlefront 2 is coming and the first has just been left to rot.
piss pour communication with the community and left all us star wars fans in a ditch after stealing millions from us..and that's what you get with triple A titles anymore
it's all about money.
It's the complete polar opposite here..and I love it.

Again I am also very busy irl.I won't even get into it..but to be able to jump in and out of games is a big bonus for me too..nothing better than morning coffee and a couple rounds before work..and a beer and a bunch of rounds after work/dinner/kids/life

I don't feel I have to be tied to a 40 minute battlefield 1 match..lol

PandaLin;n8707330 said:
There are a lot of hate threads lately again Gwent in the open beta. So I though I tell you 5 reason why I like Gwent and will keep playing it till the end of the time.

1.Very generous.
I played so many other TCGs and most of them are a grind fest. Many of them only give you reward if you WIN games. Its possible to sit there for 3-4 houres without winning and getting nothing at all. Also, many quests ask you to play a special deck or special cards. What if I don't like that deck or those cards... well sucks to be you. In Gwent, you need to WIN rounds. But winning a round is easy. If you know you gonna lose anyway, you can try to win one round and you still get a keg at the end of the day. Besides you even get GG reward if you lose. getting 1-2 kegs a day is very easy and don't take away much time.

2.Amazing Art Style.
Most beautiful cards I ever saw in a card game. And every card has an animated version. This game has great board effects and almost every card has a voice line in the different language. CDPR put so much work into it. They could just give you normal cards with no sound. But nope, that's not how CDPR do business.

3.Skill-based game
(We are talking about the same deck strength here) I admit now the game feel a bit chaotic. Sometimes I meet decks which completely destroyed me because they have all the cards they need for their decks. But sometimes I still win those games because I was the better player. Go and have round one after using 3 gold and 2 silver cards. I gonna fight back in round 2 and 3. Everyone can only have 4 gold and 6 silver and there is almost no RNG. Skill is more important than luck. When you reach the rank ladder, you will meet players with the same deck strength.

4.Great company.
They developer visit Forums and answer questions. They thank us for the feedbacks.They thank us for helping them in the close beta and even give us kegs and other rewards. I played so many other close betas and none of them game me any rewards after the game was released. I think I got a "title" from an MMORPG. But that's it.
(I know there are still balance issues and problems but remember that's the first TCG they making. Also still beta) Give them time )

5.Good match length
I think that's a personal reason why I like Gwent. I work hard, have family and friends to take care. Also, play other games and watch movies-series after work. So time is precious for me. A Gwent match doesn't take a lot of time. Most matches I have taken about 10 minutes more or less. That's perfect. I can't wait for the Gwent mobile version.

Sounds like Fanboy talk, but you have to agree I am telling you the truth.

So what're your Top Reasons for playing Gwent?

RED-Point!!!
I am mostly the same opinion!

Marcin_Momot;n8713150 said:
Thanks a lot for your kind words! :cheers:

Point 4. Thats what i mean with great company. Developer visit forum and listen to feedbacks :) Thank you for making such a awesome game.

Also I should add a 6th reason here.

6.Great community.
Most people in the Gwent community are really nice and mature. You almost always get a GG after a game and most people are polite ( no taunt spam or play cards after you already admit lose)
We have overall a very polite player base here who help each other and support each other. Also good job to the moderator for keep the forum civilized.

I actually playing it because of i like Witcher 3 Gwent but still i can't get used to it and i can see unbalanced game with lame weather cards with ugly looking board. I hope things will change.

I have only 1 reason.

1. You might find this shocking.
2. You shall regret standing in my way!
3. ​Demons take you!
4. Novice mistake.
5. Cunning play.

The game is quite competitive but that doesn't mean you can't just casually have fun with it and that's what I enjoy; sometimes I don't feel like over analyzing my options and thinking about possibilities. Even above all that it's quite fun and addictive to play!

It all started with The Witcher 3 for me; I remember it like it was yesterday, partially because it hasn't been much more than a couple months for me. I was debating on PS4 PS+ deals and a friend insisted TW3 complete edition was an amazing deal. I then remember being all excited to play TW3 and that guy in the bar bothers me about a card game and I half pay attention to it all and just think to myself, "Let me just go play this awesome RPG!" but I like to delve into everything any game has to offer so I gave Gwent a chance. I didn't care for it a ton initially but as I gained stronger cards and played through TW3 I found myself starting to hope there were more Quests in which I could partake in a lovely game of Gwent!

So there I was finished TW3 in its entirety AND even started a new game + on bloodmarch. I was getting more and more invested and interested in casually playing Gwent then I heard from the same friend (who unfortunately doesn't share my interest in Gwent) there was a standalone game coming for Gwent! Ecstatically, I look it up immediately and manage to get into the closed beta a couple days after. That was a little over a month ago and here I am now enjoying the game and looking forward to its future. :)

I float around the 1800-2100 MMR area so I guess either I get lucky a lot or I'm pretty decent at the game. I'm sure I misplay a lot though but I just have tons of fun playing. Like with any game for most people I get annoyed by some cards and decks in the meta and I'm not perfect, often times I find myself not GGing on losses (brutally honest, no disrespect intended)

Back on topic, I play the game chill all the time and have tons of fun with it. I am probably addicted all in all since if I'm not playing Gwent in my free time I find myself up late literally just watching other people play Gwent on twitch.

To be completely honest, I don't consider myself to be one for card games but that statement can't be valid any longer with Gwent being that lone exception!

To the Devs: TREMENDOUS effort on what I'm sure is only the mere beginning of spectacular goodies to come in the future of Gwent.

I could ramble on but it's getting late, let me just casually go watch another game or two of Gwent on stream before I manage to get myself to bed ;)

Last edited:
Consecration;n8715760 said:
1. You might find this shocking. 2. You shall regret standing in my way! 3. ​Demons take you! 4. Novice mistake. 5. Cunning play.
I'd let that raven-haired goddess shock me whenever she likes...

1. I love Witcher universe and what CDPR has done with it in their games
2. I love CDPR and what they represent in gaming industry
3. The game has some of the best concepts I've ever seen in a card game
4. Obtaining cards is actually pretty quick compared to other games
5. I love the gameplay, I love the game... It's still flawed, still in beta, but its already the best out there IMO

Top Bottom