[Suggestion] More units from Witcher 1! [Potential Spoilers from Series]

+
[Suggestion] More units from Witcher 1! [Potential Spoilers from Series]

Among the cards in Gwent we have a broad selection of characters, monsters and units that come either from the books, or the last two Witcher games.
But what about The Witcher 1? It seems to be seriously discriminated against. The only two cards that come exclusively from the first game's storyline are Dagon and Frightener.
I understand that The Witcher was not as popular as Witcher 2 and 3, but maybe if we had at least a couple cards from the game, more new players may feel inclined to check the old game out?
Since there are cards of even the least significant characters from the latter games like Sarah or Trololo, we could at least get the main characters from Witcher 1, like Jacques de Aldersberg, Princess Adda/Striga, Azar Javed, The Professor or Siegfried, not to mention some generic units, like soldiers of The Order of Flaming Rose, The Vodyanoi, Bloedzuigers or Barghests. Don't leave the cult classic that started The Witcher games for dead!

Last edited:
Mr_JJ;n7621360 said:
But what about The Witcher 1?
Well, I'm in favour of this idea.

Organisational Note: We've seen various suggestions for individual cards scattered here and there; however, for convenience, if anyone else has any additional suggestions for cards of characters specifically from the first Witcher, I recommend they be posted here.

Last edited:
Witcher 1 was the first title I felt in love with from the franchise and it made me proud of my heritage, so yeah I'm all for it ;)

I've been wondering what the Alvin card will be like for quite awhile now... but yeah, Witcher 1 cards are what I'm looking forward to the most too. GIT TO IT CDPR :p

If I remember correctly Toruviel is vaguely mentioned in books and is quite prominent character in W1.Same can be said about Shani (who is also from HoS but she was major romance interst in w1). But yeah more cards based on it would be great. Maybe a material for bigger expansion

At present, there are only a handful of cards of characters/monsters exclusively from the first Witcher (that is, who did not appear again in later games): Dagon, Frightener, Toruviel, Morenn, and Yaevinn.
Moreover, from what I've seen of the previews, it doesn't appear there will be any such cards in the impending update.

I suspect that the REDs most likely have plans to include a few more old friends. At a guess, I'd say we might eventually see characters such as Kalkstein, the Professor, or White Rayla.

Here (in no particular order or preference) are a few other characters whom I personally consider could have possibilities: Leo, Berengar, Declan Leuvaarden, Golan Vivaldi, Raymond Maarloeve (spy, obviously), Vincent Meis (with alternate form card), Savolla, and possibly even Vesna Hood (with a gentle nod to the, now infamous, romance cards).

More different cards!

We need more cards based on the Witcher world. The first game is almost completely ignored. I mean where are de Aldersberg,knights of the Flaming Rose,Vincet Meis could be interesting,Azar Javed and of course Siegfried of Denesle.

Riven-Twain;n7630950 said:

Here (in no particular order or preference) are a few other characters whom I personally consider could have possibilities:
Leo

Not sure about him. Having more Witcher tags is always cool and I always liked the poor fella even for the little time he showed up, but if they ever put in Leo Bonhart, there would be confusion. Same thing for the two "Professors" that show up in the book and then the game. Doubt both would make it in.

Will we see more TW1 cards?

I think there are too few TW1 characters. I love the game an all, I just think some more characters could be added. Like, Siegfried, Adda (as a spy unit for example), Berenger (as one of the witchers), maybe even Alvin or the Great Jacques (there is also Vincent, the Profesor or Savolla). I think they can all be a great addition and It would be nice for us, the fans of the first game, given that they are all missing in TW3. Now that I think about it, thare are other possible characters like Aryan La Valette (with some kind of inmunity to being burnt, like it just halves it's strength or something). I don't know, I just would love to see as many characters as possible, it gives the game some nostalgic feeling.

As they endeavor to put out 20 cards every two months I believe it is an utter certainty we will see lots of witcher 1 cards in the future, but to start out with it makes sense for them to show off cards with characters/monsters everyone who played the best selling games is familiar with.

Im looking forward to Lady of the Woods, Lady of the Lake, Queen of the Night and Raymond Maarloeve.
Also, ive just noticed that Morenn is already in the Game.
Just didnt recognized her without bare breasts :D

By the way: In wich faction could Azar Javed or Siegfried fit into?
Do ya think there will be seperate factions for Salamandra and the Order of the flaming rose or will they be part of other factions / neutrals?

Last edited:
I really hope there will be cards of Jacques de Aldersberg, Vincent Meis, Professor, Kalkstein and Reverend. All of these were great characters. I love first game so much :cheers:

Faustus800;n8587830 said:
Im looking forward to Lady of the Woods, Lady of the Lake, Queen of the Night and Raymond Maarloeve.
Also, ive just noticed that Morenn is already in the Game.
Just didnt recognized her without bare breasts :D

By the way: In wich faction could Azar Javed or Siegfried fit into?
Do ya think there will be seperate factions for Salamandra and the Order of the flaming rose or will they be part of other factions / neutrals?

I don't think so, there are not enough units to make the Salamandra a faction so will be neutral most likely. About Siegried and the Order, I don't know, I see them as part of the NR.

Witcher 1 is not the only thing that seems to be seriously discriminated by CDPR. Just looked at the public beta. They made a complete mess of the Northern Realms Deck. It looks almost as if they weakened it on purpose. They have added ONE new card but spoiled almost everything good that was before in this faction. They completely destroyed "gold" and "resurrection" strategies. As well as some of my favorite cards: trololo, nenneke, foltest, medics, blue stripes. Almost everything is completely ruined. I am not talking about other decks (they seem ok to me, though). I'm heavily disappointed... No Ada, no flaming rose knights... all suggestions were simply ignored. I had very high expectations but now it's just a disappointment and wasting of time.

I think your right at that point! I would love to see Kalkstein, Azar Javed, the Salamander. Berengar and Adda.

Top Bottom