Patch Notes 11.10

+
Wow, “nerfing” Vice had so much effect!
And do you even understand that no “Balance Council” will be able to fix this mess – card abilities are often the problem, not their strength/provision.
And “Balance Council” main menu card is now the rightmost one, where Deckbuilder always was? So nice to always misclick it when I want to go to the deckbuilder. At least you moved the reward trees button from the card row to the interface buttons. So QoL to make it a card in the first place, much wow.
The only thing making me happy is that it's only two more months (three top) of this garbage fire for me. As soon as the game goes "Gwentfinitiny" - I'm out. I was here since the first weeks (if not days) of CBT, so with my sweet OCD personality I just can't leave. But when the game finally dies I will dance a happy jig on its grave.

DRK3

Forum veteran
The only thing making me happy is that it's only two more months (three top) of this garbage fire for me. As soon as the game goes "Gwentfinitiny" - I'm out. I was here since the first weeks (if not days) of CBT, so with my sweet OCD personality I just can't leave. But when the game finally dies I will dance a happy jig on its grave.
I have good/ bad news for you - Gwentfinity already started this week.

The patch this past tuesday was the last by the devs, the balance council is the tool to drive Gwentfinity and in less than 2 weeks its changes will automatically be implemented from now on based on voting.

Really? What a sad end to such a great game.
No other game has that much play hours in my list (currently over 8000h played) and I don't know why it never became more popular... In any case, It would deserve a better ending.

Last edited:
Wait! I dont get ciri and Golden necket

At 9 provision both of them are already excluded, why you need to put that?

Which makes me think you would increase provision cost of both, but you didnt changed it.

Oooorrr you make it to ensure they can work in gwentfinity, if players increase they re provision. Is that so, including both of Them i The cards devs are saying you need to use both of The in your deck
Post automatically merged:

Also its funny that we have like 4-5 decks in the meta and only One of them have suffer big nerfs.

You guus are saying only sindicate needs those nerfs?

For me e ora vice should be 7, not 8.

In the same spot, novigrad could increase One provision, not 2
Agree with you. They overnerfed on Syndicates. Biased faction to be nerfed, they're rarely played and now with these nerfs. Not many players gonna use them at all. What a injustice nerf, where else other doesn't get much nerf. Monsters and Northern Realms need more nerfs in my opinion.

DRK3

Forum veteran
No other game has that much play hours in my list (currently over 8000h played) and I don't know why it never became more popular... In any case, It would deserve a better ending.
Its also my most played game of all time (although its very close to the 2nd place, Team Fortress 2), and since you hold the top spot in playtime of this game in my friend list, you earn the "full answer":

Gwent, as a standalone game had tremendous potential, due to the massive success of The Witcher 3 (well-deserved) and its main mini-game was so cherished that created a lot of buzz for the standalone version.

There was always going to be some players who gave up on it for not being an exact replica of Gwent found in TW3, but that version simply wouldnt work in PVP, where balancing is way more important. But the first shot on the foot happened with the infamous 'Midwinter fiasco' (the real fiasco was thinking it was a fiasco :cry:) in late '17/ early '18, where the devs took a 180 turn and decided to reboot the game, announcing Project Homecoming.

When the final release happened, the game was in a dreadful state, and this isnt just my opinion - NEVER saw or heard anyone claming otherwise. A ton of players left the game permanently, including high-profile streamers and pro players.
It took years and years for the game to evolve again into a state of complexity and depth, i would say too long.

Another major shot on the foot was the budget CDPR allocated to Gwent, which was probably too little to be able to become a smash hit.
This lead to a downward spiral, where it got less results, the team kept getting downsized and the more qualified people kept being redirected into bigger projects, and Gwent's results kept gettin worse.

And since Gwent and CDPR were so generous with what you earn by playing, unlike other (more successful) online card games, this positive in reputation and good word of mouth became a negative as players didnt really feel the need to invest to get better cards and it never profited in MTX like some other F2P games.

There are other big issues the game had, and has, that lead to its demise, and both the developer team and the playerbase are responsible, but all of those have been vastly pointed out here and in reddit over the years, with little effort to fix them.

I do not agree it deserved a better ending... it got the ending it deserved.
What it deserved was a more competent team early on in the project, and a bigger budget, and for the directors and people in charge of gameplay and balance to be on the same level of the amazing art team, which is the only aspect where this game always excelled.

@DRK3 : very well said. lovely amd correct words - as always.

and btw, congrats to your 4000h in gwent :)

PS: i found homecoming a strange turn, but not as bad as all other main players did. more relevant was probably the lack of interest project red showed into the future development.
PS2: i think they should release big discounts (e.g. buy all current stories for just 9,99 EUR - including all cards). also something like: get all version bronze cards for 9,99EUR - i think this would add a new huge player base. it is just too hard to start now from the scratch, thats why no new people are coming or at least staying long - (while old players like me have everything without ever really need to buy something, which i can not get from my 1000000000000+2 ores, i dont know what to do with)

I have good/ bad news for you - Gwentfinity already started this week.

The patch this past tuesday was the last by the devs, the balance council is the tool to drive Gwentfinity and in less than 2 weeks its changes will automatically be implemented from now on based on voting.
Oh, thanks for pointing this out. Then I will stop today.

I don't know why you call it an ending. It would have been an end if they decided to shut down the servers for good. Instead they created a tool preventing the game (and the meta) being stale. Yes, it's not optimal, but it's something.

Yeah, It's not as good as it deserves to be, but we can at least still play it, if we want. And I'm gonna definitely stay for a while.

Does it really not matter about the interactivity on MacOS 14.0(Sonoma)? Trackpad is not clickable anything but just can hover it. More than 20 days has gone, Not heard any bug fix progress about it.

"
Ciri: Nova - Added new part of ability:

Ciri: Nova and Golden Nekker are excluded from this condition."

That is unfair... you are still trying to have control over the balance council. You are looking (and locking) a possible scenario where ciri nova no longer fits on a golden nekker deck, but regardless, you are forcing ciri: nova to fit, no matter what the council votes in the possible future.

Top Bottom