Patch Notes 11.10

+

Tomorrow we are releasing Update 11.10, which will include the final card changes made by us.

This means that moving forward, you will have control over all the changes made to the cards of GWENT.

For that, we have implemented the Balance Council, but more on that below.

Our latest Developer Update explains it in detail while highlighting the most important changes:
New Features
Balance Council - With the advent of GWENTFINITY, we are leaving the future balance of GWENT in your hands. Be sure to check out the FAQ, or read the the in-game information sheet in the Balance Council page to learn more.
Changes
iPhone and iPad users will now be able to override the default notch area through the Options menu under Screen.
Neutral
Ale of the Ancestors - Now has the Alchemy tag.

Ciri: Nova - Added new part of ability:

Ciri: Nova and Golden Nekker are excluded from this condition.

Colossal Ifrit - Corrected the tooltip to reflect the ability (the ability targets 3 adjacent enemy units, not the opposite row).

Golden Nekker - Added new part of ability:

Ciri: Nova and Golden Nekker are excluded from this condition.

Regis: Bloodlust - On the battlefield effect changed to:

Banish the top 3 cards from your deck.

Sangreal - Now has the Alchemy tag.

Tainted Ale - Now has the Alchemy tag.

Can no longer target allied units.

Crow's Eye - Boost changed from 3 to 4.

Thaw - Boost changed from 4 to 5.
Monsters
Vereena - Boost restriction now only affects enemy units.

Archespore - Now has the Cursed tag.
Nilfgaard
Affan Hillergrand - Ability changed to:

Once all leader Charges are used up, Summon self from your deck to a random allied row. If you control at least 4 units with Flanking, play self instead and gain Zeal.

Order: Boost all allied Soldiers with Armor by 1.

Rosa and Edna var Attre - Updated tooltip to reflect that only unique Aristocrats are counted, and that Spawned copies gain Doomed.

Deithwen Arbalest - Now has Counter: 6
Northern Realms
Princess Adda - Ability changed to:

Deploy (Devotion): Gain Immunity.

The first time a Cursed unit enters the battlefield during your turn, boost self by its base power.

Radovid: Judgment - Added new part of ability:

Order: Damage an enemy unit by 0. Increase this value by 1 for each time you used your leader ability this game.

Seltkirk of Gulet - Now has the Cursed tag.

Vandergrift - Now has the Cursed tag.
Scoia'tael
Angus Bri Cri - Updated tooltip to reflect that all Elven Deadeyes appearing on your side of the battlefield are boosted (not just those who were Spawned).

Mahakam Pass - Can now Create any bronze Scoia'tael Dwarves (not only Mahakam Dwarves).

Pavko Gale - Now has Harmony.
Skellige
Otkell - The Deploy ability is now limited to the Ranged row.

Now damages self by instances of 1.

Svalblod - Damage required to Spawn a Svalblod Fanatic changed from 6 to 8.
Syndicate
Ixora - Vice requirement changed from 6 to 8.

Novigrad - Provision cost changed from 10 to 12.

Game Fixes

Recommended cards in the Deck Builder once again display their tooltips.

The Shield VFX should no longer remain on the board in rare cases, after the unit it belonged to leaves play.

Chort is no longer a common Beast, but an epic Relict!

Henry var Attre's Spawned cards are now shown in the preview screen.

Casting Contest no longer disables Grace for bronze units.

Deithwen Arbalest now only damages one unit at a time when multiple statuses are applied simultaneously.

Princess Adda and Svalblod no longer react to units moved between rows on the same side of the battlefield.

Salamandra Mage no longer counts Adrenaline inconsistently when reacting to Tributes.

Last edited:
Wait! I dont get ciri and Golden necket

At 9 provision both of them are already excluded, why you need to put that?

Which makes me think you would increase provision cost of both, but you didnt changed it.

Oooorrr you make it to ensure they can work in gwentfinity, if players increase they re provision. Is that so, including both of Them i The cards devs are saying you need to use both of The in your deck
Post automatically merged:

Also its funny that we have like 4-5 decks in the meta and only One of them have suffer big nerfs.

You guus are saying only sindicate needs those nerfs?

For me e ora vice should be 7, not 8.

In the same spot, novigrad could increase One provision, not 2

Nice Pavko change, but a pretend Mahakam Pass change, since it already created ALL of the dwarves and not just Mahakam dwarves. Did you mean it was to ONLY create Mahakam dwarves now?

Good change to Affan.

Good try for Svalblod, though probably not going to change much. Same goes for Ixora.

Don't get the Arbalest change. What's the counter for?

Nice Pavko change, but a pretend Mahakam Pass change, since it already created ALL of the dwarves and not just Mahakam dwarves. Did you mean it was to ONLY create Mahakam dwarves now?

Good change to Affan.

Good try for Svalblod, though probably not going to change much. Same goes for Ixora.

Don't get the Arbalest change. What's the counter for?
Arbalest had an infinite interaction with sigvald.

That change its to stop it

Great changes, I'm genuinely happy with all of them. The voting system looks cool, and the voting reastrictions make sense. Overall, good work! Can't wait to see how the community will handle it.

For the last patch ever, it feels underwhelming and missed any mark by a few parsecs... :(

No one who has any decision making power reads here anyways, but the game is still withing salvage range, since we still have top player community! But the larva form of gwentfinity is not enough. We need actual community agency and a real council of players (they have been thinking for fixes and reworks for months!) to rework 70% of the cards, not battle of the votes.... we see how well this works in real life

Regis: Blood lust, yes it fixes a bit of the the cheese interactions, but how about the fact it plays for 60 points in one certain faction and cheese value for the rest? Its a neutral card, shouldn't it have similar trade off across factions? And why exactly do we need that a card that only serves a purpose to be consumed, swapped or transformed into another card?!

Ixora vice nerf will change absolutely nothing when syndicate generates about 100 coins/game making the coin resource mechanic absolutely useless. All they need is a couple of brawlers our deck cannot answer (coz we always pack and draw like 6 removals, right?) and is insta gg

Affan's nerf is too harsh, will make it pretty much unplayable, if ng can stick4 flanking units they are already winning anyway. Will they keep their full leader for a R3 or something and risk a brick?! Also now, it risks to stop flanking units (yay more rng fun).
Another example of killing cards just because someone should not be bothered doing actual rework or at least get an idea from community feedback. Cultists will do just fine without him, its even one less brick now

The endless highrolls, aanswer or lose cards, and provision cheat by allowing cards to print whatever card without the slightest drawback remain unaddressed (temples, ng stuff, etc)

The nonsense to change faction specific cards' abilities to "non neutral" instead still plagues the game and causes mental breakdown for the few remaining streamers

Gwent is now a multi dimensional "rock paper scissors" where Draws>Deck>Match-up>In-game RNG>Player decisions, that is more frustrating than fun to play. Those who disagree, pick a random streamer and check out random vods from a few years back vs the last few weeks and compare how visibly the game affects their mentality for yourselves :)

Cheers!

So the counter of 6 caps it to 6 damage per turn? :D :D
Its what i think so.

Also its a small (almost null) nerf, since you cant do mora than 6 damage in the same turn.

Nevertheless, 2 alba with 2 charges, rompally with ball and also phillipe you can put 9 status, and its not that dificult to that's happens.

Edit: o just realized The counter its One time. So it will do 6 damage and thats in. I thought it was 6 damage per turn

Last edited:
What about Gwent on MacOS Sonoma 14.0? The game is not working properly, the mouse indicating is able to to hovering over stuff, but we can't click on anything. This is keeping me away from the game since I can't play on mobile.

Wait! I dont get ciri and Golden necket

At 9 provision both of them are already excluded, why you need to put that?

Which makes me think you would increase provision cost of both, but you didnt changed it.
This is actually the best change of the entire patch and one that was sorely needed before we can move on to Gwentfinity. Maybe they don't want to change the provision but the players themselves can do that now, and GN, from the moment of its inception has been needing to be more costly, players have been asking for a nerf for a LONG time.

On top of this there is one more less obvious side effect about it. There are many cards at 10p and above that have been power crept over time but one simply didn't want to change provision to 9 or below because it's the same as giving the card to Golden Nekker. There will be more potential for interesting deck building when there is no great fear of what would happen if GN got its hand on X card.

When they announced gwentfinity at the end of last year…didnt they write it is intended to start at the beginning of 2024? Didnt they say they wanted some balance patches After last Card drop to leave the Game in a healthy state?

So three carddrops with mostly broken trash during 2023 and then one last patch with very Little balancing is CDPRs definition of that state? Thats pretty sad.

I stopped playing some weeks ago and i don’t think the game will survive for a long time in this state that makes it more frustrating than enjoyable. :(

This is actually the best change of the entire patch and one that was sorely needed before we can move on to Gwentfinity. Maybe they don't want to change the provision but the players themselves can do that now, and GN, from the moment of its inception has been needing to be more costly, players have been asking for a nerf for a LONG time.

On top of this there is one more less obvious side effect about it. There are many cards at 10p and above that have been power crept over time but one simply didn't want to change provision to 9 or below because it's the same as giving the card to Golden Nekker. There will be more potential for interesting deck building when there is no great fear of what would happen if GN got its hand on X card.
I dont know why you quote just part of my post since in the next paragraph i wrote about gwentfinity. (and i didnt edit it and put later on the post, that paragraph is there since the beggening)

What i want to say is:

"if devs want to exclude them, they know players will increase it provisions in gwentfinity (or at least they problably knows it) so why they didnt did it already in this last patch?"

Dear devs, you lost me on "With the advent of GWENTFINITY"... hahaha :coolstory::coolstory::coolstory:
OMG, Gwentinfinity?!
Is this how you imagine it will be?

Let me put Ithlinne's Prophecy here:
The game will stay alive for 1 year tops. Then CDPR will decide to save money and shut down the servers.
After the release of Witcher 4 CDPR will release Gwent 2.0 based on the current Gwent coding (e.g. after Homecoming) and a base set of cards. Then CDPR will review if it's practical to keep it going.

I hope that with Witcher 4,5,6,7... Gwent will be present in some shape or form.
...what, did anyone really believe CDPR would abandon the cash cow after Witcher 3? LOL

Top Bottom